Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694265 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

It's all just a bunch of liberal fooferall.
Didn't you know? Everything bad is either liberal lies or caused by liberals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Or a communist plot, terrorism, or anarchistic meddling.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Don't forget UN one-world-government conspiracy. Thankfully, the keen insights and deductive powers of the Honorable gentleman from Lower Chickenfuck will safeguard the rest of us.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

A bit late, but...

Our computers have 200MB of hard drive space.
That's only just enough to hold all of my work for digital graphics, and that's with compressing everything that I'm not currently using into zip folders.
D:

...In other news, my computer is allergic to Minecraft. Seriously. It just shows a black screen. ARGHHHHHHHHH!
That may be a sign that your Java client... thing... isn't up to date.  My computer had a similar problem.

Huh. Java says Java is up to date. I USED to have some problems with it not liking updating, but it should be working now.  Which Minecraft is not. :/

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

"We have no one in the state of North Carolina living in extreme poverty," Cleveland said, defining the condition as living on $1.50 a day. "Over the years, they keep redefining poverty to make sure we have a poverty class. I have a problem when we say we have an increasing number of children living in extreme poverty. It’s a government agency perpetuating what they want as a poverty level."

So....$2 a day wouldn't be poor to this colossal bag of dicks representative. I'm so glad to know I've never been poor. Hell, most of those starving kids in Africa aren't even poor! It's all just a bunch of liberal fooferall.
Is there not some way to reduce this guy's salary to $1.51 per day and freeze all his other assets?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:17:02 pm by Leafsnail »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Yea...

$1.50 a day...

He may still be wrong (in the literal and not just moral sense). There could still be a homeless person out there living off dumpster scraps, who takes in less than $1.50 a day in cash. Perhaps unlikely, but possible.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: $1.50 is fine Edition
« Reply #9411 on: March 01, 2012, 05:04:02 pm »

$1.50 here would pay for the cost of 2-way city bus fare. And that's all.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:06:55 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Streamlined IE9 yeah right.

I have to go through the Slowest menus on the crappiest tiny box of my favorites to get to any webistes that I favotited (My favorites bar is full), tabs are in the wrong spot, I CANT UNINSTALL IT, IT WON'T LET ME, I cant move something from favorites bar to favorites box but still keep it on the bar, no more corner search bar (I actually liked that alot), and it just sucks in general.  ALl this for not paying attention to which updates were checked :(

EDIT: ANd, I cant mousewheel click to open links in new tabs from favorites.  That was the most annoying part of it too.
Is this somewhere where you have a choice of browser, or just that? Because (besides the fact that you can't uninstall any part of IE safely because shenanigans in windows) I'm pretty sure Firefox, Chrom(e/ium) and Opera are still more or less the same they've been for months and working.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: March 01, 2012, 05:45:49 pm »

$1.50 here would pay for the cost of 2-way city bus fare. And that's all.
It wouldn't even be enough for a one-way local child's bus fare here.
1.50$ ~ 1.10€. Said bus fare was 1.20€ last I checked (Price would've risen by now).
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9414 on: March 01, 2012, 05:50:07 pm »

$1.50 here would get you about... One biscuit?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9415 on: March 01, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »

I have been given another impossible task at work. I probably shouldn't have done so well on the last impossible task.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: March 01, 2012, 05:52:11 pm »

Keep it up, you might end up marrying a princess.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: March 01, 2012, 05:55:14 pm »

You're 8 ören (Swedish 100-parts of a Crown, so basically worth a cent of a cent) away from a simple hamburger or cheeseburger at McDonalds, with nothing to drink or eat with it. So one burger every other day. Yeah, totally liveable.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: March 01, 2012, 05:58:00 pm »

Several recent posts elsewhere. Won't comment on the details or say where. I'll just say that I think the pov's expressed inside are groanworthy and rife with unfortunate implications...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: March 01, 2012, 06:02:08 pm »

In the interests of fairness, I will say the one thing I can in defense of the people in that article. Like some of the people in OWS, it would seem they were promised better. On the other hand, this is the group of people largely responsible for the sort of shenanigans that actually caused the whole clusterfuck, but for those who've been honest, worked hard, and weren't actually involved with the banking practices that got us here: sorry guys. I mean that, shit happens and it always sucks to be on the receiving end of somebody else's fuckup. Nevertheless, your problems are unlikely to generate sympathy from the middle class, in the same way that a middle class teenager's problems aren't likely to generate sympathy from the standard starving kids in Africa.

I don't know why I wrote that in the second person, it's not like anybody to whom it could be addressed will ever read it. Oh well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 3345