Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695978 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fistfuls of Hair Edition
« Reply #9285 on: February 24, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »

My friend once had a group project for his art major.

So he did a portrait of a friend. He titled it "I hate group projects."

He got an A.
Art majors, man, how do they work?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: February 24, 2012, 03:51:54 pm »

Huh. That... that made me realize that, so far as I can remember, I never had a single 'group project' while in any of my major's classes, for the BA anyway. Coming together into groups for discussion or small things (a single in-class assignment or something) was fairly common, but nothing that tied major grades together or was long term. Heard about a couple of the classes had that happen, but those were with different teachers than the ones I had.

Guess I dodged a bullet, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »

They're horrible.

Imagine getting stuck with 3 random people, none of whom wants to put out any effort, with a topic no one really cares about. I'd usually give it a day to see if a leader emerged, then I'd take over just so we could get a grade of some kind. I got so tired of dragging group mates by the noses.

One time I had a group research paper, and a week before it was due, my grandfather died and I had to go to his funeral. So I finish my end of the research project while I'm away and submit it to my group mates....

Only to find out when I return that the two med students (who had been friends since high school) decided to kick me out of the group and submit a paper between the two of them. (Ostensibly because "I'm not a med student and can't possibly know more about schizophrenia than them.")

They just fucking left me twisting in the wind without even so much as "sorry" email. Luckily my teacher appreciated that I put out more effort and showed more interest in a 400 level class for which I wasn't qualified than most of her master's level students, and let me crank out a research paper (solo) to save my own grade.

Since that I treated pretty much every group project like it was one day away from falling apart.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:05:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:44 pm »

Whenever I got a group project back in school I'd just convince everyone to just let me do it.  The extra work was far better than the headache of trying to get people to work together.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Group Projects Blow Edition
« Reply #9289 on: February 24, 2012, 04:26:09 pm »

NO. >:(
This alone makes Windows 8 a waste of time to me, unless someone makes an alternate explorer or shell or something without the goddamn waste of space, time, and spacetime that is the Ribbon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Group Projects Blow Edition
« Reply #9290 on: February 24, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »

This alone makes Windows 8 a waste of time to me, unless someone makes an alternate explorer or shell or something without the goddamn waste of space, time, and spacetime that is the Ribbon.

Lol, that is hilarious.  They MUST have some way to turn that off right? 

Oh wait, its MS so probably not. 

Edit:

As a side note, I really despise how much mucking around Microsoft loves to do on their UI's every time.  If it wasn't for that games don't work as well in linux I'd switch over to linux permanently just so I could pick an UI and keep it that way forever.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:30:20 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: February 24, 2012, 05:08:00 pm »

Lol, that is hilarious.  They MUST have some way to turn that off right? 

Oh wait, its MS so probably not. 

Edit:

As a side note, I really despise how much mucking around Microsoft loves to do on their UI's every time.  If it wasn't for that games don't work as well in linux I'd switch over to linux permanently just so I could pick an UI and keep it that way forever.

That is really funny in a sort of pathetic way. Is it that a large percentage of the MS userbase is physically incapable of using hotkeys and the right-click menu, or do their UI design people have a fetish for useless crap? It was absurd enough when they did it for Word, Paint, and such for Win7, but this...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: February 24, 2012, 05:15:09 pm »

a large percentage of the MS userbase is physically incapable of using hotkeys and the right-click menu
No joke, I've met a fair amount of people for whom the concept of a hotkey is magic voodoo and the right click menu some sort of strange alchemy. Ctrl-c, ctrl-v is technosorcery for a lot of people.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: February 24, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

And now they'll be even more confused because their folders look different, if they know that folders exist outside of My Documents.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:54 pm »

I remember alt-tabbing when I worked at a state government office, all the office ladies thought I was working black magic.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »

I remember alt-tabbing when I worked at a state government office, all the office ladies thought I was working black magic.

You should have milked that moment for all it was worth.

'BEHOLD! I AM YOUR GOD!' :P

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: February 24, 2012, 05:36:17 pm »

WHY WOULD THEY EVER DO THAT.
I mean, when they did it to word and the other microsoft programs and it was stupid and time consuming then.
But expanding it to the operating system itself WHY!  >:(
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: February 24, 2012, 05:39:02 pm »

As it was explained to me, that's the Windows 8 Metro interface, mostly intended for mobile apps using a touch screen interface. But obviously they want to make it accessible to desktop users, so it's part of the OS too. I hear they still have a classic mode for desktop PCs though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »

As it was explained to me, that's the Windows 8 Metro interface, mostly intended for mobile apps using a touch screen interface. But obviously they want to make it accessible to desktop users, so it's part of the OS too. I hear they still have a classic mode for desktop PCs though.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. As long as it can be turned off.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: February 24, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »

Are you sure thats not part of the 'classic' mode? Because I'm a bit curious why you'd need Explorer in a tablet device, it seemed like everything already had a direct boxthing that launched it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 3345