Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696184 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fistfuls of Hair Edition
« Reply #9255 on: February 23, 2012, 05:01:18 pm »

They seem pretty concerned with protecting the play experience of their French players first and foremost. It's an attitude I've seen before out of European online game companies. Europeans often feel they get the short end of the stick in online gaming, for a variety of reasons, so maybe it's a response to that.

Personally, I find non-simultaneous updates to be WTF-stupid design.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:02 pm »

Or they need time to translate it from French to English...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: February 23, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »

New glasses came in. Had to send them back. The lenses were not tinted like I paid for.  >:(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: February 23, 2012, 06:59:25 pm »

So after all this time, did you even at least get a photo?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: February 23, 2012, 07:25:28 pm »

So I saw Tree of Life earlier, there was a sum total of six people in the cinema (the guard popped in a few times for some reason). Two tried to leave after the first thirty minutes, I don't think they could since the doors were locked. But, two rows behind me was this couple, and the guy, was a total and complete fuckfaced shitwitted douchenozzle of an asshole person. I can get you not liking the movie, fine, it's entirely subjective, I don't care, but please, for the love of all that is sacred KEEP IT TO YOURSELF YOU FUCKING FUCKFACE and don't ruin it for the other five people with your assortment of dumb jokes and random noises.

Towards the end he got especially annoying, so much in fact that all I could think of as I left the cinema was turning his head into fine paste with a brick.

And then I find a brick a minute after I walk out of the mall the cinema is located in.

Sometimes I think the universe is taunting me to become a crazed killer maniac, and I'm not sure if I want to play indifferent to the taunts anymore.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: February 23, 2012, 07:26:45 pm »

No, ser, I did not. I was quite steamed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:17 pm »

Or they need time to translate it from French to English...

Which again, I think is kind of a response to the way American games tend to treat localization. I wouldn't necessarily call that vindictive, if they want to have a regional perspective on their game (It's a FRENCH game, that kinda thing), more power to them. The rules though....does make it seem slightly vindictive.

So I saw Tree of Life earlier, there was a sum total of six people in the cinema (the guard popped in a few times for some reason). Two tried to leave after the first thirty minutes, I don't think they could since the doors were locked.

Wait, what? Where do you live? Because in the US, I think we call that a violation of the fire code. Do they do that to keep people from slipping in?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03:42 pm »

I can get you not liking the movie, fine, it's entirely subjective, I don't care, but please, for the love of all that is sacred KEEP IT TO YOURSELF YOU FUCKING FUCKFACE and don't ruin it for the other five people with your assortment of dumb jokes and random noises.

Oh god this bothers me so much.  The fucking worst is when it's your friends doing this.  I've never gone to a movie with someone who was really loud and obnoxious or anything.  I would chew them out for that.  I have had them start whispering jokes back and forth to each other, start making really exaggerated gestures of impatience, etc.

Honestly, I get really annoyed with anyone who can't just hold off on their criticism until after the movie is fucking over with.  Your opinion is in-fucking-valid if you can't at least wait until it's halfway over with before declaring it the worst thing you've ever seen, and I don't want to know about it.  Pick it apart all you want AFTER IT'S FINISHED, please.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: February 23, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »

I can't stand being around people that are loud or draw attention to themselves in the first place. So I'd probably be the second or third person to walk out of a movie if someone was being a total asshole....even if they're my friend. Like I don't care how attractive a woman is, if she talks way too loud for the place she's in, deliberately, it's a deal breaker for me.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: February 23, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »

Irony is not a damn coincidence or unfortunate occurance.
Here's a summary of my rage, except in a different context.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:47 pm »

Irony is not a damn coincidence or unfortunate occurance.
Here's a summary of my rage, except in a different context.
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who gets snippy over the abuse of the word "ironic".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure I have zero concept of the word "irony."

When people give examples it just seems like amusing coincidences to me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:26 pm »

From what I gather, irony is an amusing coincidence that's highly improbable and the exact opposite of what you'd expect out of the situation.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:19 pm »

I think we need IronyOwl in here, stat.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: February 23, 2012, 09:49:00 pm »

That would probably be for the best.

Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 3345