Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693473 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fistfuls of Hair Edition
« Reply #9075 on: February 15, 2012, 11:04:44 pm »

The only thing I remember about the crucible (if I'm thinking of the right play) is that I got to yell at people because I was Mr. Judge. That was fun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: February 15, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »

Ngh, yeah, our class redid the crucible as a musical, iirc. I think I nabbed a narrator part, because like hell I was singing. Friend of mine still has the script somewhere, last time I checked.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:07:52 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: February 15, 2012, 11:09:06 pm »

I sense not playful smugness or neutral matter-of-factness or internet rock-starring from Max White, but genuine rage.  This is a remarkable day for the rage thread.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: February 15, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »

And don't even get me started on the fucking film studies part of it. Oh wait, TOO FUCKING LATE!
Just because The Crucible was set in a time of Amish technology, does not mean some movie that I forget the name of starting Han Solo as John Book does not mean they relate. Fuck I thought the entire point was to look at subtext and themes, context be damned! No I do NOT think that the little kid looking at the fucking statue is trying to say that the Amish still respect god while the outside world has turned away from god. I mean fuck, the damn statue is in a fucking train station! Look at the damn camera angle, it is clearly trying to juxtapose the interpretation of god, with modern society building large statues and churches and such, while the Amish have remained humble, rather than painting them as the devout and the rest of us as ass hole sinners. No I am not just trying to argue with you, I am justifying my interpretation with better evidence than you did! What, you don't like being challenged on a subjective analysis? THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU AN ENGLISH TEACHER? So you could spend all day telling kids you are right and they are wrong, but you aren't intelligent enough for an objective subject like EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS BETTER THAN THE BULLSHIT SUBJECT YOU PEDDLE!!!

Edit: Wait, has my irony-rage become so meta ironic that poes law has kicked in, and you can no longer assume I am raging to poke fun at high school English teachers? Welp my job is done!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: February 15, 2012, 11:12:52 pm »

I'd really like it if people laid off non-STEM subjects as worthless.  Like it or not, the human spirit isn't made of numbers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: February 15, 2012, 11:14:22 pm »

No, it is made of complex chemicals, and those are made of even more complex patterns expressed as physics, and that is made of even more complex maths.  :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: February 15, 2012, 11:17:47 pm »

Reducing everything to mathematics is a disservice both to the world in general and mathematics in particular.

We don't come into the world experiencing everything as numbers.  Divorcing our understanding more and more from our experience is rage-making.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: February 15, 2012, 11:21:31 pm »

Relax, I am just joking around. Thus the use of the friendly tongue face.  :P See, tongue face makes everything socially acceptable!
Watch this!

Fuck it, I'm going to join the Japanese whale hunt. I've had it with those damn sea hamburgers mating in my giant swimming pool!

As opposed to

Fuck it, I'm going to join the Japanese whale hunt. I've had it with those damn sea hamburgers mating in my giant swimming pool! :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: February 15, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

Eh.  Sorry, post-exam nerves.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:04 pm »

I thought you had to have both happy tongue guy and a tilde to be socially acceptable in a less-serious way~ :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: February 15, 2012, 11:26:20 pm »

I thought the tilde was just something ein did, and nothing ein does is socially acceptable, thus we just sort off expect it, making everything ein does socially acceptable.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:56 pm »

It is, but I'll use it randomly if I feel like it, mostly because it isn't used that often compared to the rest of the typeable keyboard.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:07 am »

Oh, Steam's forums ruin the :P by making it look derogatory. So, to use an extreme example, this statement:

"You guys are assholes :P"

ends up looking like this:

"You guys are assholes >:("

And that's terrible.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:07 am »

That's 40 cakes terrible!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:24 am »

I'm angry because I'm tired, and I don't want to be tired.  I want to work.

Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 3345