Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695708 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Digital Warfare Edition
« Reply #8820 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »

At this point I've just stopped trying to converse with these people. I'm just saying random words at them, and they're automatically disagreeing. It seems like cheating, somewhat, but I could really use money for tuition. Luckily, looking at other top threads, nothing comes close to the hellstorm I unleashed. The next largest has ~50 reactions to my ~500.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »

Well hey, free money is always nice.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »

This sounds like a job for.....Comrade Obamaz0rz, Neo-Conservative Republican Troll Extraordinaire!

Grats on the free money without having to tubgirl someone.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:29 pm »

We are doing convolution integrals and I have no clue what is going on.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: February 07, 2012, 10:25:54 pm »

See, this kind of talk about Republicans is precisely why I'm a bit scared of making political posts here.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:49 pm »

*Readies pointy umbrella*
Your not one of them are you? Because if you were then clearly we would need to run you out of the join with much yelling and shouting and tedious amounts of fire. You don't even know how much fire we would need. Fuck I'm placing an order now just so that they have time to get enough in, because just between you and me I don't think we are fully prepared for this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »

We've had perfectly fine political threads before, but this is the RAGE thread, PM. It doesn't have much in the way of good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: February 07, 2012, 10:36:47 pm »

And in most cases folks seem to be fairly sympathetic to conservative views that are actually reasoned out, heh (E: Well, barring the major social conservative issues, but most of those can't actually be reasoned out, so...). Likely to point out flaws involved, but I've seen plenty of cases where we tear apart liberal views too. Cuts both ways, yeah. Mostly I think folks just want everyone involved to think (and cite sources if possible :P) instead of just spout the party line.

... though I think we do like to point out that calling yourself republican when the republican crazies are the ones making the news isn't necessarily the wisest of things. Maybe if folks leaning that way would just caveat with sane!Republican or something it'd save some grief?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:51:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »

See, this kind of talk about Republicans is precisely why I'm a bit scared of making political posts here.
I never said anything about Republicans, actually. I referred to the guy as 'Raging Conservative'. Beyond normal, and beyond sanity. There are conservative positions that I can get behind, but obviously not the ones that guy was going on about. Some of my best friends are Republicans. (They just don't happen to be of the 'Re-Educate or Imprison All Homosexuals' variety. Santorum is a (good?) example of a Republican I would not get along with. I wouldn't mind Jon Huntsman nearly so much, even if his economic polices could use some polish.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »

This is why the two party system is terrible, because there is no party with a majority of sane members/policies.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: February 07, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

I would say that the majority of both parties are sane as individuals. It's just the whole 'vocal minority' thing combined with the fact that these are the guys that rise to leadership.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: February 08, 2012, 12:28:21 am »

You can be a conservative Republican around here just fine. You just need to have a sense of humor and be prepared to defend any labels you choose to use. Then again I remember back in 2000, democrats were the ones that felt they had to tread carefully everywhere because conservative republicanism was in its heyday.

But I think most people around here appreciate that you can be batshit crazy/needlessly antagonistic regardless of your political affiliation, and that's the real litmus test to rational political discussion.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: February 08, 2012, 05:49:13 am »

Remember Nikov.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: February 08, 2012, 06:10:50 am »

I rather liked Nikov... Sort of miss having him around. Didn't exactly agree with him, but listening to somebody that you disagree with and has the capacity for logical arguments has a lot more value than listening to somebody that supports your views.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 3345