Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695945 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Digital Warfare Edition
« Reply #8805 on: February 07, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »

-snip-

O_O

250W? It recommends at least 400, for it alone.

Soo... Fuck. Now I have to buy a PSU too?

I guess a nice 500W one would be a start...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:54:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:56 pm »

Yeah, that seems advisable.
*Hugs*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: February 07, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »

Just slap a car battery and alternator in there. It'll be fine, I'm sure. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: February 07, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »

You need to make sure you can actually power your stuff before you use it for anything like that, Pyro.
Have a link: http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: February 07, 2012, 06:10:46 pm »

You need to make sure you can actually power your stuff before you use it for anything like that, Pyro.
Have a link: http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

Thank you for the 404. And I couldn't check my PSU until I was sticking in the card.

Just slap a car battery and alternator in there. It'll be fine, I'm sure. :P

I think that's a great idea! I'll try that now.[/sarcasm]

I guess I could send the thing back, no harm in that, and I don't need anything TOO powerful that often.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: February 07, 2012, 06:19:02 pm »

Hm?
Link works fine for me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: February 07, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »

Also for me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: February 07, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

Been doing a scholarship on a political activism website wherein I have to get the most comments/disagreements/agreements in a single thread while relating to the GOP. Good news is that I've hooked a few radical social conservatives and our 'debate' is causing my score to surge ridiculously. Bad news: batshit insanity, which almost makes me think they're trolling me back. Here's an excerpt

Raging Conservative: It's obvious to most Americans we have been going in the wrong direction since liberals took over Congress again in 2007. The majority of Americans do NOT want homosexual marriage. We have all voted it down time after time. Do not promote heterophobia."

A Roving Moderate:Who really cares what orifice who's using as long as it's not our own,(everybody's sex life is no body business but their own).

Raging Conservative: that is BS. Ever heard of sexual predators? How about human sex trafficking. I understand as everyone running for office does that no one wants to get involved in others personal sexual lives. But there have to be protections for the victims of criminal behaviors. Laws protect the weak, the poor, and minorities, not sadists homosexuals or rapists

Me: If laws protect the weak, the poor, and minorities as you say, why are they not doing so? LGBT people are a minority, yet the law doesn't protect them.

Raging Conservative: Homosexual are not born that way and they can and do go hetero in many cases. and vice-versa. They are no more a minority than rapists are a minority. Are you saying we should protect rapists and murderers ? Or do you like to preserve them just for your godless medical experimentations and for harvesting their organs?

Me: Ridiculous conspiracy theories aside for a moment, alright? It is apparently not a choice for everyone. I doubt you would opt to become homosexual, for example. Let's run with your logic for a moment: Hispanic people are a minority. Does that make them all rapists and murderers?

Raging Conservative: ... your sadly misguided. When Santorum wisn this election, hell fix your brain and your friends too. Pray for that.

Me: *Shock, speechlessness* (It was at this point that I just ended this line of conversation. My mind was too full of fuck.)

I gave up trying to convince him of anything after our first conversation three days ago, but my experience on the internet is helping me win money for college. I'm weaving five different topics in that thread with about three vocal opponents and a moderate that keeps skipping through. There is occasional support from liberals, but most realize that it's a lost cause. I wonder how many other threads for this have a combination of discussion on religion, slavery, racism, homophobia, misogyny, communism, taxes on the wealthy, AND crazy conspiracy theories? Can't be many, considering how hardcore I'm winning. Still leads to mind-blowing incomprehension, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: February 07, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »

a scholarship on a political activism website wherein I have to get the most comments/disagreements/agreements in a single thread while relating to the GOP.
Do you have some alternate definition of scholarship, or have you found one in competition form?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: February 07, 2012, 09:47:48 pm »

Read through it again. ...scholarship on a political activism website.

Someone is essentially offering a scholarship for political trollin. I mean, honestly, do you expect to have a real debate and get votes based on the quality of your overall argument in a place like that?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: February 07, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

I didn't, so I went with the troll approach.  :P

But now I regret that. SO MUCH.

a scholarship on a political activism website wherein I have to get the most comments/disagreements/agreements in a single thread while relating to the GOP.
Do you have some alternate definition of scholarship, or have you found one in competition form?
You compete for the scholarship prize, the one with the most reactions gets $1000.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: February 07, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

I didn't, so I went with the troll approach.  :P

You compete for the scholarship prize, the one with the most reactions gets $1000.
Serious? sweet ass i live in a conservative state! im sitting on a gold mine!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: February 07, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »

That seal/polarbear cub in your avatar is alive and unbutchered, so I don't think your heart is black enough for what it would take to win that scholarship on the internet. Because in your snippet, you're actually appealing to reason.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:55 pm »

Yea, watch as it goes to some insane nutter who shouts to the heavens that gays are bad, blacks should be enslaved, people from the middle east should be culled and the US totally won the Vietnam war.

Because people will either rage the fuck out and respond, or be filled with a false sense of patriotism and respond.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 3345