Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690726 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Digital Warfare Edition
« Reply #8580 on: January 26, 2012, 11:29:04 pm »

1. He greeted me as ma'am.  Seriously, I am so obviously not ma'am age.
I greet almost all women as ma'am if I'm feeling formal. Or if I don't know their name. It's just sort of a courtesy thing; I wouldn't read too much in to it.
Of course, that may be because of how/where I was raised, but... yeah.

To stay on topic of RAEG: First engineering lab ever today. Of course, nobody in my lab group nor myself could understand what the hell the last part of the instructions was requiring, so we just wrote that and are hoping we don't fail. And for increased RAEG, the prof seems to have a liking for Comic Sans. Even the damn syllabus is in Comic Sans.

Every time she opens a word document she wrote on the projector, I develop more of a twitch and a little part of my soul dies inside. By the end of that class, I'll probably have gone full-on schizophrenic.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: January 26, 2012, 11:39:39 pm »

Are you sure he's not part crazed graphic designer with all that Comic Sans?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: January 26, 2012, 11:52:53 pm »

... what's wrong with comic sans, anyway? Font is font, so long as it's readable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: January 26, 2012, 11:58:04 pm »

You know what's wrong with comic sans? Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is wrong with comic sans. Well that's not the only reason, but it's my leading reason. That's just me though. And I probably have a sick love for SBAHJ anyway so I guess it's a good thing for me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: January 27, 2012, 12:01:46 am »

... what's wrong with comic sans, anyway? Font is font, so long as it's readable.
Well, for one, I've been trained not to really use it, and to be annoyed when it is used.
For two, it's typically seen as a font used by the naive and/or new to typing.
And for three, it's not just the Comic Sans, the professor has nearly everything bolded, colored, etc. and the formatting just looks... gross.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: January 27, 2012, 12:08:41 am »

I like comic sans, myself.

Overused sometimes, yes, but other than that...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: January 27, 2012, 12:10:16 am »

If I am reading a web comic, fine, I mean that is basically what it was made for!
Reading a restaurant menu? I can't help but think 'Come on guys, get professional'

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: January 27, 2012, 12:20:55 am »

You guys were trying to set it to comic sans, and I'm like hrmm, this seems a bit weird~
Then I remembered I nuked that shit off my computer~~

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: January 27, 2012, 01:52:42 am »

Comic Sans, Papyrus and 'anything a younger sibling downloads from dafont and installs on your pc'. The unholy trinity. (Badly used, overused and 'reasons vary' respectively.)
My media teacher has two rules: No lens flare and no papyrus.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: January 27, 2012, 01:54:54 am »

You should make something full of lens flair and papyrus, then get an A for being ironic.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: January 27, 2012, 01:55:47 am »

Or, you could make a lens flare out of papyrus letters! Better yet, words in papyrus colored with the lens flare effect!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: January 27, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »

Cargo ship carrying missile parts takes out chunk of local bridge, Dice's internet connection quality. Because apparently a cable or something ran along the bridge, because the connections all over town went to shit last night at the same time that this happened. WTF-y part: putting an oceanworthy freighter in our fucking tiny lakes to carry missile components. RAEG part: The bridge (which was constructed in 1932, and is a two-lane thing that is narrower than some driveways, to the point that larger vehicles, such as semis, buses, RVs, etc. have to pull over at the start of the bridge if another is crossing in the opposite direction) was supposed to be temporary, has (barely) lasted 79ish years, and is practically falling apart, wasn't going to be replaced for at least a few more decades until this happened. I was honestly not certain whether I should post this here or the WTF thread, but that won out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8592 on: January 27, 2012, 04:27:38 pm »

Quote from: Militarylulz
"...Carrying spare plane parts"

It was aliens.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: January 27, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS MS

My teacher always uses it
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:12 pm »

I'm mad because I posted in the wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:55:37 pm by jc6036 »
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 3345