Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699332 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TOILET RAEG Edition
« Reply #8385 on: January 15, 2012, 05:29:41 am »

My mother reached a new level of stupidity when she said "EUROPEAN UNION IS MADE UP OF SOVIET CORPORATE COMMUNISTS!". I have to admit, the corporate communists part made me laugh a bit.

You have the best mother to watch from afar, AoD.

She knows too much? XD

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: January 15, 2012, 05:59:14 am »

My mother reached a new level of stupidity when she said "EUROPEAN UNION IS MADE UP OF SOVIET CORPORATE COMMUNISTS!". I have to admit, the corporate communists part made me laugh a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6ctonQoGA
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Malthusian Hysteria Editi
« Reply #8387 on: January 15, 2012, 06:26:40 am »

A man drove away from his ten year old son in Uppsala after a floorball cup, and left him to walk, without outside clothes in winter (yes, the dad took them from the kid before he left), the 70-80 km something trip back to Stockholm. His reason? The boy didn't play good enough.

I am rage personified. There aren't words.

Turns out this was a fake story. Or rather, it didn't happen like that.

Now I'm raging at the media for being trusting and not checking their sources.
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:14 am »

And if it does escape that, it won't survive a formatting.
There are virus that store themselves in RAM
RAM doesn't stay active for long after you remove the power.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: January 15, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

I have an oral test tomorrow and I had to choose four possible subject a few weeks ago. I forgot all but one of them.
The exact same thing happened to me a year ago and I'm raging at myself for being retarded.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8390 on: January 15, 2012, 07:42:54 pm »

Fuckity fuck fuck.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/01/15/2254211/dhs-x-ray-car-scanners-now-at-border-crossings

In order to penetrate the frame of a car, these xray machines have to be at least 3 times more powerful than a ct scan. And those already pose a significant enough cancer risk that their use is highly restricted. So they are going to be irradiating millions of people at far higher levels than are safe. If they end up scanning a million travelers, thousands maybe 10s of thousands could be be given cancer and thousands of those may die.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: January 15, 2012, 08:11:55 pm »

Weelll crap. I guess radiation poisoning is the border cross deterrent now. Has it really reached the point the DHS has to irradiate the people wanting to get out legally?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: January 15, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

That's abysmal.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »

And those already pose a significant enough cancer risk that their use is highly restricted
Not that I approve of radiating anyone crossing the border, mind you (or the ongoing security paranoia, for that matter), but I'd like to punctualize that CT scans aren't nearly as bad (and subsequenty, nowhere nearby as "restricted") as you're painting them.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: January 15, 2012, 08:34:40 pm »

The DHS never should have been established. It serves no positive role whatsoever. If Republicans want to shut down unnecessary government departments, then this should be the one.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: January 15, 2012, 11:07:30 pm »

The DHS never should have been established. It serves no positive role whatsoever. If Republicans want to shut down unnecessary government departments, then this should be the one.

To my understanding, its principle function was to consolidate duties related to domestic defense into one place.  The former system had these functions spread across a few dozen different agencies and departments.  I agree, it seems wasteful to me.  But it does make sense.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:37 pm »

Shouldn't that be the job of...oh, I dunno, the Department of Defense?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:44 pm »

Shouldn't that be the job of...oh, I dunno, the Department of Defense?
Yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: January 15, 2012, 11:17:28 pm »

Fuckity fuck fuck.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/01/15/2254211/dhs-x-ray-car-scanners-now-at-border-crossings

In order to penetrate the frame of a car, these xray machines have to be at least 3 times more powerful than a ct scan. And those already pose a significant enough cancer risk that their use is highly restricted. So they are going to be irradiating millions of people at far higher levels than are safe. If they end up scanning a million travelers, thousands maybe 10s of thousands could be be given cancer and thousands of those may die.

My mom is for this policy because she's worried about uranium and plutonium being smuggled into the US from Mexico.

Fuck my life, seriously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: January 15, 2012, 11:19:18 pm »

Is that a thing? I'd be more worried about the cocaine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 3345