Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698556 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Time for some toilet rage.

One of the toilets in the house has been plugged for a few days now. I've been tirelessly working the plunger trying to free it up, to no avail.

Last night I give it a flush and it's not cleared....and then I notice water coming out of the top of the toilet. No sweat, I've worked on toilets before.

I look inside and half of the hardware that can conceivably fall off has, in fact, fallen off and is now floating at the bottom of the tank. The leaking water came from the fact that the spout that lets water into the toilet has a little rubber hose on the end that keeps the water going where it's supposed to. That completely fell off, and was blasting water at a horizontal angle toward the top of the toilet, causing it go EVERYWHERE.

And because our toilets have these lovely "water-saving reservoirs", you have about as 3 inches on either side of the plunger handle to work with. So cue me spending 20 minutes with an almost foot-long tweezer thing trying to fish the guide tube of the bottom of the crapper, along with the chain that connects the plunger handle to the stopper. Because hey, when one tiny piece of hardware falls into an incredibly difficult spot, why not add another on top of it. I cut my hands to crap squishing them between parts and try to think pleasant thoughts about soap and hot water.

At this point I'm fed up so once everything is back in place I just leave it alone. I come back the next day and the toilet has mostly drained out (i'd turned the water off a long time back) so I figure, super, clog must have been solved.

Of course, it's not. The instant I flush the toilet, all the hardware inside falls off, again. Then the water saver reservoir tank decides it's going to take this time to pop UP out of its placement slot to start floating around inside the tank.

Right about this point, I notice that my feet are wet. I look down and there's water leaking from the bottom of the toilet where it meets the floor. At this point, I have nothing left to do except swear, excessively, and start ruining towels.

Like I said, I've worked on toilets before. I've gutted them and installed all new hardware and had it all work. So I'm kind of at a loss what the fuck is going on at this point. All I know is that I've spent 4 days wresting with this piece of shit, and every single thing that can conceivably break in a toilet has chosen now to do so.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:50:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

*looks out window*
*Is back at college campus*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't wanna go baaaaack! I hate this place and I'm starting to think it hates me and is going to kill me in my sleep with asbestos or something. I'm gonna get an uuulcer!

T_T

./whine

Asbestos is amazing though :d

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: TOILET RAEG Edition
« Reply #8297 on: January 09, 2012, 03:25:26 pm »

I already posted the first two rage inducing things of the day in the progressive rage thread.

On a lighter topic of rage: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/01/09/1921245/5th-edition-of-dungeons-dragons-announced

3rd edition is the perfect edition of D&D. Its predecessors were evolutionary dead ends, its successors pale and crippled imitations.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: January 09, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

I already posted the first two rage inducing things of the day in the progressive rage thread.

On a lighter topic of rage: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/01/09/1921245/5th-edition-of-dungeons-dragons-announced

3rd edition is the perfect edition of D&D. Its predecessors were evolutionary dead ends, its successors pale and crippled imitations.
We may not agree on many other things, but we do seem to agree on proper D&D editions.

I've been diving in amongst the rpg fandoms -- and like several other cynics -- I'm convinced that WotC is not going to get the best set of rules out of this. Mostly because they either already have most of their mechanics set in stone, or because too many cooks spoil the soup.

Not that it really matters though. Either I'm not DMing (in which case I use whatever system we're playing with), or I am DMing (which means I'm using a mishmash of 3.5 and several other game mechanics I've broken open and hacked into the game).
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: January 09, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »

Isn't it a bit early to make a new edition?
Love, scriver~

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #8300 on: January 09, 2012, 03:48:08 pm »

The first (Okay third...) thing that came to my head was Abba's Money, Money, Money.  :P

I was supposed to write my name on small piece of plastic. Turned out this was impossible task. Pretty light rage, but gotta stay on topic.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: January 09, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »

Given how much people hated 4: no.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: January 09, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »

very much so. 4th edition was a bit early. This is insanely early.

I would note that my favorite system was actually D20 modern, but 3 edition and its spiritual successor in pathfinder are the best of "D&D".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:28 pm »

Is everyone going to sweep 4 under the rug and proclaim 5 the best EVAR, and that 5 is everything 4 was supposed to be, like they did with Vista and 7?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: January 09, 2012, 03:55:24 pm »

Is everyone going to sweep 4 under the rug and proclaim 5 the best EVAR, and that 5 is everything 4 was supposed to be, like they did with Vista and 7?

Probably.  I still have a Vista machine, which I actually can't call all that bad (as long as I don't open too many tabs or use the high graphic settings); most of the problems with the computer are things around the case actually falling apart.  Still, 7 is a lot better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: January 09, 2012, 03:56:28 pm »

If they don't release a new system how can they keep up those profits? It's ALWAYS time to release a new system. Especially one that is incompatible with the old one in lots of small ways, so that you don't really have to learn much in the way of new stuff but you DO need the new books if you want everyone to be able to play together.

That's the ultimate goal of any good game design company.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: January 09, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »

Maybe. We could be looking at an inversion of the Star Trek movie numbering system. The only good Star Trek movies are the even numbered ones. The only good D&D's are the odd numbered ones?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: January 09, 2012, 04:00:06 pm »

Actually, I'd think a better game design company wouldn't rely so heavily on sequels and formulas.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: January 09, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

Actually, I'd think a better game design company wouldn't rely so heavily on sequels and formulas.

One would hope that they have, you know, original ideas or at least a fresh perspective.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: January 09, 2012, 04:03:13 pm »

But I liked 4e!
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 3345