Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697468 times)

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

Today, I moved my desk chair and it touched my computer case. Slightly. Cue the case slowly, dramatically toppling in all its physics-defying glory just to mock me.

An entire hour wasted to fix the calamity that ensued amongst the hardware inside the damn thing.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

and I swear he jammed that damn thing in my tongue.
Could just be he poked a nerve with the tip of the needle. When getting some of my teeth drilled, the needle must have done such to me, as it felt like the tip of my tongue was being stabbed really hard when the needle itself was in the far corners of my mouth.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

An entire hour wasted to fix the calamity that ensued amongst the hardware inside the damn thing.

From personal experience, your PC will remind you of that calamity for as long as you have the hardware inside it. :|
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The US threatens Spain into passing the the Sinde Law, a Spanish equivalent to SOPA.
I've been told I'm hilarious to watch when I get pissed off at something I can't do anything about.
If there was anyone else here I'm sure they'd be rolling around laughing at my twitching face.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Wow. The US is only slightly less tactful than thugs running protection rackets.

"Yous like your legs? Wes like your legs too. Wes would hate to see your legs broken because you won't give us any money."

I feel like other countries should be standing up in the UN to go "Uh, excuse me? What the fuck do you think you're doing?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Wow. The US is only slightly less tactful than thugs running protection rackets.

"Yous like your legs? Wes like your legs too. Wes would hate to see your legs broken because you won't give us any money."

I feel like other countries should be standing up in the UN to go "Uh, excuse me? What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

On the bright side you could always move to North Korea. They only break one of your legs ;P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

All of the computers at work were upgraded to Office 2010 this week.  Do not want.  Everything is broken.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

The US did not have to threaten Spain into anything. That was just for show. Our shitty politicians eagerly jumped into this. Both the PSOE, who were the ones who prepared that law, and the PP, who actually approved it. (They readily agree into this stuff, and in bailing out banks, and cutting social spending, despite their supposed rivalry. In practice their enemity is as real as WWF fights.)

I doubt very much this half-assed censorship law will be effective at anything, but I'll be damned if I shit quietly over this outrage. Or any of the other bullshit they've been pulling out as of late
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

All of the computers at work were upgraded to Office 2010 this week.  Do not want.  Everything is broken.
Cue complaints of not being able to open files elsewhere due to the extra x in the extension by default... (unless you were using 2007 previously)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Cue complaints of not being able to open files elsewhere due to the extra x in the extension by default... (unless you were using 2007 previously)

Upgraded from 2003.  This had already been an issue for a long time, because the IT department was working with 2010 while the rest of us were still behind.  For over a year, there were excel sheets that everyone was supposed to be using, but only a couple computers in the office were actually capable of opening them.

Had some weird issues.  I had to do a couple hours of searching to figure out how to remove the damn pointless status bar that's as big as a truck for no reason.  The monitors here are fairly low resolution, so I'm anal about my screen real estate.  It was just a simple checkbox in 2003.  Now I have to set up a VBA macro.  Why?  I don't understand the point of this whole ribbon thing, either.  The worst part is the workbook I do all of my work in suddenly refused to copy/paste information from one cell to another.  Could not fucking figure out why.  Finally gave up and copied everything into a new worksheet, and now it works fine.  WTF.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:53:06 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Newer Office versions are rather crappy compared to before, I'd say. The only decent use of a ribbon-like interface I've used was the one in AutoCAD Architectural for a dual-enrollment course, and that was because you really only needed the one biggest section in that class generally and everything was both icon and text, or right-clicks.

Why people cannot just use save-as and then actually pick something besides the problematic default, I don't know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

My father was just grouching about how the word for train conductor has changed from "konduktör" (from conductor, obviously, or more likely conducteur) to "tågvärd" (which directly means "train host"). This from a person who regularly whines about how the Swedish language is "dying" because we (at all) borrow words from English rather than making up our own.

I graciously refrained from pointing out what a fucking idiot he is.
Love, scriver~

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Charles Adler is infuriating. That is all.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:24:55 am by Vorthon »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Charles Adler is infuriating. That is all.
in know a Alfred Alder but the fuck is Charles?
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 3345