Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695756 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8055 on: December 22, 2011, 12:53:29 am »

Bahhhhh, Chantelise... I really suck at you =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8056 on: December 22, 2011, 12:55:45 am »

lack of marzipan owls makes me rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: December 22, 2011, 01:05:51 am »

Why is your avatar so hot, Japa. How do you do it. I can never be as hot as you, and that makes me so angry.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: December 22, 2011, 01:20:59 am »

Vector. I think Chantelise is just a really hard game, so there's no reason to get really angry..?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: December 22, 2011, 03:02:33 am »

Why is your avatar so hot, Japa. How do you do it. I can never be as hot as you, and that makes me so angry.

It's okay, bro. None of us will ever come close to Japa. His hotness eclipses that of supernovae.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: December 22, 2011, 05:51:01 am »

Hey, man, I'm not my avatar.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #8061 on: December 22, 2011, 09:55:24 am »

The randomized avatar thing makes this really weird considering that right now it's a zombie.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: December 22, 2011, 10:09:18 am »

My personal opinion is slightly dog-like cats (Sweet, affectionate, always want to hang out with you) and cat-like dogs (Quiet, calm) are the best.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: December 22, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »

Text rendering in DirectX 11. Or more accurately, the lack thereof.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: December 22, 2011, 04:57:37 pm »

Vector. I think Chantelise is just a really hard game, so there's no reason to get really angry..?

I'm stressed at the moment and was hoping for some more progress, which would've helped me relax.  Don't worry about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: December 22, 2011, 05:22:13 pm »

Text rendering in DirectX 11. Or more accurately, the lack thereof.

I feel your pain.  Of course, the last version of DirectX I worked with was like... 8?  Still, I can imagine the difficulties.

Not that OpenGL is much if any better.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: December 22, 2011, 07:59:28 pm »

Heh... DirectX 9 and 10 had a couple different ways of doing it; either through ID3DXFont, which took about 2 lines of code to set up, or through Direct2D's DirectWrite. DirectX 11 has no ID3DXFont and DirectX 11 is apparently incompatible with DirectWrite. From what I can tell, you are left with 4 options;
A: Run 2 DirectX devices, one DX11 and one DX10.1, render the fonts with DirectWrite on the DX10.1, then copy it to the DX11 and render it over the DX11 with alpha blending
B: Write your own font rendering engine
C: Find a 3rd party library to do B for you
D: Cry in a corner in hopes that DirectX 12 will be better. Though, really, this option goes well in combination with any of the above three.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: December 22, 2011, 08:09:05 pm »

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU F*CK UP TACOS, YOU"VE BEEN MAKING TACOS ALL YEAR WHY MUST YOU F*CK UP TACOS GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: December 22, 2011, 08:11:35 pm »

I'm stressed at the moment and was hoping for some more progress, which would've helped me relax.  Don't worry about it.

I find the scavenger hunt for the hidden treasure a lot more relaxing than repeatedly dying to the bosses~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: December 22, 2011, 08:14:49 pm »

Same here.

but that might be because I got half of them by pure accident.
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 3345