Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695436 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8040 on: December 21, 2011, 05:23:15 pm »

i rather have a dog then the cat as the cat will bail on me first day.

Or a: you train the animal :P
you ever had to face the attention span of a kitty have you?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8041 on: December 21, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »

They have to poop somewhere, and city ordinance means you have to follow it and collect the poop wherever it falls. With a cat, you only have 1 location to scoop poop from.

Plus your dog needs your help to poop because it needs to be let out and be leashed and walked. With a cat, you clean up afterwards when you get around to it.

Depends on the dog. So far, never had a dog like what you said :P

Piss, on the other hand...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: December 21, 2011, 06:50:54 pm »

You've never had a dog that needed to void it's bowels at some point?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: December 21, 2011, 06:52:56 pm »

Never had a dog who didn't know exactly what the back yard was for.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: December 21, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »

And how does your dog get to the backyard? Can it use it's opposable human thumbs to open the door and let itself out? No, it has to be let out and in again several times a day no matter what you might be doing at the time. A dog's bowels are your master, and your backyard is covered in dog shit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:28:32 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: December 21, 2011, 07:28:05 pm »

And how does your dog get to the backyard? Can it use it's opposable human thumbs to open the door and let itself out? No, it has to be let out and in again several times a day no matter what you might be doing at the time. A dog's bowels are your master.

He stays outside most of the time, when he's in we usually just prop the door open.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: December 21, 2011, 07:30:26 pm »

I've actually seen my dogs open the back door and go outside.

This has a tendency to fill my house with mosquitoes as the door is left open for hours and hours. And when I notice it it has a tendency to fill my veins with the biochemicals regularly associated with RAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE-
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: December 21, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »

I suppose dogs work out for people in some situations. But I have to take care of two dogs because of siblings who couldn't take care of them at all because of their living arrangements. (Actually, technically it's three, but I barely consider a Bichon Frise a dog. More like an overgrown rat.) And one of them is a big puppy who, in addition to always wanting to be let inside or outside, always wants to play. And we can't just leave them outside, especially now, when it's winter and often below freezing. Even when it's not cold out, we can't let them run outside because they might run into traffic, so we have to attach them to a chain tied to the porch. And even if we could just let them run around outside, leaving the door open is right out because, depending on the time of the year, it will either let the cold or the heat in, not to mention letting in bugs and letting out cats.
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: December 21, 2011, 08:23:49 pm »

It's actually pretty common for dogs to learn how to open doors just by themselves, so I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, even my cat has realised door-opening has got something to do with the handle, even if she doesn't know exactly what to so with it (and probably is too small anyway).

On a related note, I have no idea of how people can leave their pets tied up all day. What kind of life is that? Can't you imagine the boredom?

They have to poop somewhere, and city ordinance means you have to follow it and collect the poop wherever it falls. With a cat, you only have 1 location to scoop poop from.

Plus your dog needs your help to poop because it needs to be let out and be leashed and walked. With a cat, you clean up afterwards when you get around to it.

And, if you're out on the countryside, you can just let the cat out and she'll take care of her own business, seeming as unlike dogs, they dig holes and cover their own shit. Just make sure they don't choose the neighbour kids' sandbox as a toilette. My cat hates shitting and pissing inside, so I hardly ever have to deal with it.

i rather have a dog then the cat as the cat will bail on me first day.

Or a: you train the animal :P
you ever had to face the attention span of a kitty have you?

Thrice, actually. Well, just twice, since the first one was already in her late kitties when I was born and I wouldn't remember anything from the following years anyway.

Also it doesn't matter.
Love, scriver~

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: December 21, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »

I tend to get along with animals of both the canine and feline varieties. If I ever get one of my own it will depend on where I'm living to decide which one I would have. In the city a cat, and in a rural area a dog. Dogs may need doors opened for them on a constant basis, but I've never minded holding a door open. It's simply the logistics of actually picking up after them constantly that would keep me from having one in the city.

Dogs are, as a rule, more needy, it's true. However, as a result of their being more needy, they are often more giving than cats as well. I've seen exceptions of course, but it's generally the breakdown you expect in either animal. So when I'm dealing with dogs, I am often much more active in playing with them even if they haven't approached me. With cats, I always wait for them to approach me before I engage with them. A cat knows when it wants something, and it will seek it out. A dog will react well enough to any attention as long as it's not trying to eat. Unless trained not to, or abused in some way in its past. And as a general rule, I don't engage with animals who are owned by someone I don't know, or who are unowned period. That's just common sense though.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: December 21, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »

My cat's pretty amicable to unwanted attention.

I harass him (random "you're a kitty" outbursts with hugs and pets), he harasses me (jumping on my lap at 2 am demanding being stroked). We've an understanding.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: December 21, 2011, 08:52:44 pm »

My dog signals when it needs to go out and then I open the back door, letting her back in after a bit. I've done this with three dogs so far, works fairly well for me.

The cats always ran away, but fortunately I run faster.  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:43 pm »

I have neither dog, nor cat. I am okay with this.

though my mom keeps a bunch of cows that I think she should get rid of.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: December 21, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »

though
Are you planning on abducting a bunch of cows?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: December 21, 2011, 09:42:52 pm »

No, I'm planning on selling them off as soon as her back is turned because those thinks are expensive as hell to maintain.

Also they try to kill me every chance they get.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 3345