Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694804 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7185 on: October 11, 2011, 05:03:40 pm »

1. Our avatars express us, in a certain sense; they do say things about who they are.  I did not say that Edward Elric failed to express JC; I simply said that he should pick whatever makes sense to him, whatever that might mean, and move on from there.  A good avatar is not the one that everyone likes.

2. What makes JC's misplaced post different is the context of repeated complaints about no one paying attention to him (with hardly other posts in the threads in question), and a recent kerfluffle about how he might go about receiving more attention.  He also asked similarly inappropriate questions in other threads.  All this was, of course, quite recent or I wouldn't have said anything.

Rest assured that there is, indeed, a context for my complaints.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7186 on: October 11, 2011, 05:14:40 pm »

It's still a lot simpler to ignore the attention starved grabs than for everyone to comment on it. In a sense it's just giving him what he wants.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: October 11, 2011, 05:19:38 pm »

. . . .

Wow.

I was just asking for any sort of comments or criticisms on my new avatar, and I posted it in the wrong
thread, no less.

I would feel better if the whole matter was dropped, as you seem to have taken it the wrong way.

Thank You.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: October 11, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »

It's been 9 replies.

I think JC got the point. Stop smashing the guy

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »

Hammerfight is fun but sweet mercy is it aggravating to die thirty times on one chunk of the story, or when it forces you to use a certain weapon. The rock on a chain worked a lot better than the sword in my mind.

Yeah, I like the chain-weapons and hammers most. What does freezing people actually do? I'd assume makes them heavier or move more slowly? I did notice that the enemy's weapon is usually easier to knock away if it's frozen, but that might have just been a coincidence.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: October 11, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

Freezing makes everything affected more brittle. Heavily frozen imperial armor is about as durable as wooden armor if you can get another good thud on it, and weapons can be utterly smashed to pieces if frozen enough.

Gunners in arena mode will still explode on you though >.>
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: October 11, 2011, 07:53:37 pm »

I keep reading JC everywhere and keep thinking Deus Ex.  I think JC should be JC Denton.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:50:17 pm by ToonyMan »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: October 11, 2011, 08:41:06 pm »

Am I the only person who didn't find Hammerfight hard?
The game is a walk in the park for me, and I'm good with all the weapons~
My current setup is a freezing mesyazc and colossus with a ruby~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: October 11, 2011, 09:02:46 pm »

Its not really that hard overall, but the story mode is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7194 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »

The story mode is just a pain in the ass when you're flooded with a million tiny little things and there's shrapnel flying everywhere.

And those fucking explosions. Especially that dynamite chain-gun or whatever it is. Fuck that.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: October 12, 2011, 07:56:43 pm »

No La Pucelle  Ragnarok No Makai Kingdom PSP but we get Hyper Dimesion Neptunia Mk2 HYPER F*CKING WEEABO NEPTUNIA CRAP GAME DIMESION MK2
NIS must be purged
Seriously, what the hell is worng with Nippon Ichi, hardly anyone wants a sequal of a game that was a bad joke to begin with.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
A message to whatever Einstein thought of Hyper Dimesion Neptunia
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*foams at mouth*
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »

Scratch that, I've changed opinions on it after looking it up on youtube for a better idea. Not a great game compared to the above ones, but it sounds fun to play at least.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:57:17 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:47 pm »

I just want to say that is one righteous FUCK YOU.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: October 13, 2011, 12:19:56 am »

Liberal arts major who has studied philosophy, history, literature, political science and art? You *might* be able to serve coffee, ya hippie freak.  :-[

This is exactly where I'm headed, I know it, and at this point I don't particularly care. Liberal Arts major with focuses in English and Political Science, minor in Anthropology? Yep, because that is what I want to learn about. I'll probably return and get a BS in a focus under the geoscience umbrella after this, as that is pretty much the only area of the hard sciences that interests me in the slightest, but I'll be damned if I give up an education for a career.

In an entirely unrelated note: Curse you, fickle weather, giving me hints of fog at six in the morning and then turning into another depressingly sunny day!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: October 13, 2011, 07:35:09 am »

I just went to the website to get the most recent Humble Indie Bundle, and it closed! RHAAAAAGH! THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR WANTING TO PAY MORE THAN A CENT?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 3345