Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694767 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7170 on: October 11, 2011, 03:55:46 pm »

I'm of two minds on this subject. Yes, schools kinda suck at generating well-rounded, well-educated students. At the same time, our economy has come to suck at providing viable career options for those who *do* cultivate a well-rounded education instead of specializing in a narrow set of disciplines.

Comp sci degree with a narrow focus on Java or SQL? There are jobs for you. Those jobs don't care if you know jack-all about the humanities, higher math, physics, etc.

MBA? Yes, there will be a job for you. Businesses will hire you because you have the word "business" in your degree. So obviously you know the business of business. Even if you don't actually know shit about anything. It will be a crappy job at first. And at second, and probably even at third. But it is a job.

Liberal arts major who has studied philosophy, history, literature, political science and art? You *might* be able to serve coffee, ya hippie freak.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #7171 on: October 11, 2011, 04:00:01 pm »

Yeah... that's another problem

And another:  More jobs won't change the fact that less than 1% of the population has hoarded more wealth than the bottom 50%... more jobs will just mean the remainder gets spread thinner and thinner.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

Nothing to see here, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:29:39 pm by jc6036 »

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: October 11, 2011, 04:05:34 pm »

Hammerfight. "Temple of the Noble Art of Fighting"... there's nothing noble about the AI's fighting. If I defeat one guy, the next hits me in the face with dynamite and boom, game over. If I see a weapon I like and take it, I inevitably die.The AI likes to spam all manner of guns and explosives, and it pisses me off :I also the being stunned bullshit. It's frustrating when you're laying on the ground and the enemy literally taps you with their weapon and you die. Or when an explosion covers the whole screen and even though you're farther away from it, the enemy recovers first and then you're dead.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:07:15 pm by Vertigon »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:15 pm »

Same for friendly AI, only worse because THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU.

Seriously. Friendly units are usually on the top of my hit list.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: October 11, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »

Oh god allies are the worst. I wish I could do those hunting missions alone, I usually end up trying to kill my allies :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: October 11, 2011, 04:27:50 pm »

Still trying out new avatars, so I got Edward Elric.

What do you guys thing of it?

I think it's the wrong thread, and that fishing for compliments and attention is still generally looked down upon even if it's already been a day or two since your last bid.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »

Wrong thread, sorry.

And I'm not looking for compliments, just comments. I'm actually hoping for some criticism so I can
fix it and give it a little touch up.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: October 11, 2011, 04:30:02 pm »

Wrong thread, sorry.

And I'm not looking for compliments, just comments. I'm actually hoping for some criticism so I can
Anime avatars are overused.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:11 pm »

Wrong thread, sorry.

Anime avatars are overused.

Not of they are by completely unrelated characters to the plot.
Or something that happens in the background that isn't paid much attention to.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »

I'm not really sure what else to use :-/

At least, chuck norris in no way, shape, or form represented the core of who I am. (not even by a small bit).

But hey, FMA is my favorite anime and I didn't see any other FMA avatars here so I used it.

Still searching . . . . .

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: October 11, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »

How about starting your own thread instead of continuing to talk about it here? This isn't the "find yourself through an avatar" thread.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:05 pm »

(commenting about the above) Hammerfight is very annoyingly hard in the story mode. If that was the only mode, it would be like From Dust: great idea, not much to do in the story mode.
Arena, Grim, and Tribal Wars however, are fun. Except in the mostly-enclosed arena map that comes up every so often that does not have enough space, or the goddamn idiot ally AI blast the gem offscreen with their shooting in Grim mode. >:(
The only problem with the above is that you have to unlock them in the story mode.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:39:25 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: October 11, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »

Use something that makes sense, put yourself forth in the world, and then don't ask for others' approval to be who you are.

And yeah, what Nenjin said.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: October 11, 2011, 05:00:13 pm »

More it's when people go "Oh gee I probably should do this somewhere else...."

Then continue to do it right where they are.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 3345