Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696232 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6990 on: October 01, 2011, 10:08:59 pm »

I'm overqualified in the tech field, but underqualified in the management field. Besides, I like not working 70+ hours a week.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6991 on: October 01, 2011, 10:17:53 pm »

BLUE SCREEEEEEEEN!

Wait, it's fine, OpenOffice has a recovery thingamajig, I'll be fine and... ERROR RECOVERING FILE!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:37 pm »

BLUE SCREEEEEEEEN!

Wait, it's fine, OpenOffice has a recovery thingamajig, I'll be fine and... ERROR RECOVERING FILE!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
LibreOffice, then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: October 01, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »

I find that Crtl+S works best.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: October 01, 2011, 10:23:04 pm »

BLUE SCREEEEEEEEN!

LibreOffice, then?
Doesn't get me the hours of work back. I wasn't using LibreOffice because it's been giving me shit with importing tables from older documents.

It's true, I should've saved, but I got too comfortable I guess with a feature that had in the past made it unnecessary to do so to avoid random data loss.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: October 01, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »

recovery features are not replacement save features, they're a backup.
But you seem to know that already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: October 01, 2011, 10:51:01 pm »

Yeah, like I said, I got soft. 8 years on a crash-free XP install haven't done anything to improve my habits either, but I've already complained of that (and apparently my install of Windows 7 is weird in that regard).

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: October 02, 2011, 03:40:41 am »

We are the 99%

Credit to Vector for the link
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: October 02, 2011, 04:16:15 am »

-go to your desktop
-zoom in
-zoom out

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:21:34 am by Dutchling »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: October 02, 2011, 09:54:03 am »

Why do that today, of all days. Its too cold out to do that, it'll be nicer tomorrow, but noooo.
Gah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: October 03, 2011, 04:02:35 am »

GAAAAAH!

Why won't you work, Steam!? WHY. WON'T. YOU. WOOOOOORK?

Steam is acting like a pile of shit again >:(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: October 03, 2011, 04:15:19 pm »

Latest troll in the PR thread.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:03 pm »

We've got a PR division now?  ???

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: October 03, 2011, 04:17:37 pm »

Progressive Rage.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: October 03, 2011, 06:21:53 pm »

Fucking life. Fuck antidepressants, I may not be sad but I get really fucking angry over the little-est of things. Luckily I'm making progress on toning down the dosage.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 3345