Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695957 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6975 on: October 01, 2011, 08:04:18 am »

Guys. Guys. Seriously. 10 people are looking at Google. This kid is some kind of wizard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6976 on: October 01, 2011, 09:19:45 am »

I am astounded.   

I wonder if he figured out he's doing it wrong.  I mean all those comments and the 90% thumbs down rating are clearly all from anti-hacker groups just trying to make him look bad...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: October 01, 2011, 09:26:43 am »

You'd think anti-hacker groups would give him thumbs up.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: October 01, 2011, 09:34:20 am »

I was being sarcastic. ;)  Looking at it from his point of view.

"Lol I have 1337 skillz clearly they fear me and don't want me to be populat."  (I typo'd popular, and was about to correct it, but it oddly seems fitting.)

P.S. I wonder if he's going to teach us how to DDoS a website by using the mighty power of the ping command now.  From a single computer.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:38:35 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: October 01, 2011, 09:36:23 am »

The drivers also drove me crazy.  I had an update notification constantly in my systray for years, because attempting to actually do the update would cause massive system instability... just had to leave it there.
THIS. So much this. I swear to a dozen gods, I don't know who HP hired to code the "Solution Center" app that is a required install on most of their printers now, but I'm guessing a tribe of astigmatic monkeys with dyslexia. Worst damn piece of software I think I've ever had to deal with. I wouldn't touch any printer made by HP in the last five years with a fifty-foot pole. Unless said pole was tipped with a contact explosive.

Which is sad, because the HP LaserJet 5 was one of the best printers ever made. You plugged it in, it worked. End of install. They were easily portable, compact, and durable. I know of some that are still operating 15 years after being installed. We had a pair of PSC 750's at home for several years that worked great until one day they both died in what I can only guess was a suicide pact. With one week left in my Master's Degree and only a metric fuckton of thesis to print out.  ::)

We've been printerless ever since. Might grab a basic Brother or Lexmark in the near future.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: October 01, 2011, 09:46:52 am »

We still have a Laserjet 5 at home, chugging along like it was brand new. Thing is built like a tank.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:47 am »

I've actually got an HP printer/scanner. Maybe it's just because it likes me, but it hasn't given me any problems at all.
Nothing important here, move along.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: October 01, 2011, 10:47:21 am »

HP Deskjet 5740 I salvaged from on of my old jobs when they went out of buisness.  Never really needed a printer though so I never bothered hooking it up.

The ink is probably toast by now, I wonder how much replacements cost...

Wow, $50 for one black and one color?  No wonder people complain about ink prices.  I could probably printscreen homework pages and send them off to walmart to get printed as photos cheaper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: October 01, 2011, 12:43:18 pm »

$50 for ink carts? Hell, the library only charges a few cents per page for color, and B&Ws get the first page or two free.

Making me rage today: That damn TV I got a few weeks ago. I opened it up, but couldn't see what wasn't working. I did pull off what looked to be a TV card that can hook up to my PC, but I don't know for sure if it's something I can use to record my console gaming to my PC. Also making me rage is a wireless keyboard/mouse combo I took from work the other day. The person donated it took both the included AA batteries and the wireless reciever, but left rest of the package in perfect condition. I also cut my finger opening it.

I'm also tired as hell right now. I've been doing heavy lifting at work all week. On Thursday, I left to empty out one of the trucks entirely by myself, except for removing the broken cardboard, which is the easiest damn thing to do. And I had to do most of that again yesterday, too.

EDIT: Dammit, now I can't remember my email password.

EDIT: And now the download I had been running breaks down at 87%, at about 50kbs. Downloading it again, and it completes in about 20 seconds, at over 700kbs. WTF, library?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:33:09 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: October 01, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »

And now the download I had been running breaks down at 87%, at about 50kbs. Downloading it again, and it completes in about 20 seconds, at over 700kbs. WTF, library?

Unstable connection much?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: October 01, 2011, 05:58:46 pm »

[rage] The main account store that I work at is losing their manager. Who's filling the vacancy? An ego-maniacal, micromanaging control freak. Nobody like that should ever be allowed to manage retail because they're unable to cope with spontaneous changes and spend so much time berating their employees for not being perfect that nothing ever actually gets done. FUUUUUUUUUUU[/rage]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: October 01, 2011, 06:03:05 pm »

Can you change mains?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: October 01, 2011, 07:16:12 pm »

[rage of epic proportions] Great. It just had to get cloudy RIGHT BEFORE A MAGNITUDE -7.8 (FOR ALL US COMMON PEOPLE, REALLY FUCKING BRIGHT) IRIDIUM FLARE![/rage of epic proportions]

\>->/
\<-</
\0-0/
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: October 01, 2011, 09:31:33 pm »

Can you change mains?

Nope. It's based on location, and one store chain pays most of our wages (as reps go). I'm stuck with ControlFreak.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: October 01, 2011, 10:06:02 pm »

can you apply for manager?
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 3345