Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695680 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6945 on: September 29, 2011, 06:00:21 pm »

Unfortunately, I'm not (nor have I ever been) a 5th level or higher Cleric, so I haven't had a relationship of any kind with my dad >_____>
I... don't... understand...
It's a reference to D&D. Although, unless his dad died really, really recently, he'd probably need to be 7th level anyway.

EDIT: I was ninja'd, and I didn't think of Speak with Dead for some reason. That would work well enough to get pissed off by the deceased.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:01:54 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6946 on: September 29, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Darn you, programming professor. Haha, I see your trick on the quiz; the answer is no output, as there's a syntax error on this line! And the same line on the next, slightly different question. And the next one. Wait...

Still aced the quiz, but dammit, double check your darn code before quizzing us on it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: September 29, 2011, 06:35:36 pm »

I had a teacher once that made that mistake, though it was only a little 3 question homework assignment, and he claimed his test generator interpreted the lines as special commands like what this forum does with stuff inside brackets.

He said he gave everybody who answered syntax error or something like that an A.  Folks who answered the questions their grade (but only marked 1/2 off on all the wrong answers making the lowest possible a 50%), and folks who answered with both their grade +25%.

We all had a good laugh.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: September 29, 2011, 08:16:23 pm »

This.

Fuck crazy relgious people of all kinds. It's fine to be religious, less fine to be crazy and violent and stupid and use religion as an excuse.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: September 29, 2011, 11:34:11 pm »

No. It wasn't an excuse, not this time. It was the catalyst.

The goddamned catalyst, again.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:06 am »

HP decided to go back to numbers for their new photo printers. They switched from "e-All in One", "Plus", and "Premium". Customers hate identifying things by number. -_- *sigh*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: September 30, 2011, 12:24:44 am »

Wait, they switched to numbers?

I might just use HP now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: September 30, 2011, 12:28:38 am »

Wait, they switched to numbers?

I might just use HP now.
Indeedy. And if you'll follow me, I'll show you our new printers...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: September 30, 2011, 12:43:53 am »

What kind sort of printers do you have? and does the ink still cost a million dollars?

* Japa has an HP deskjet 840c that he can't use due to ink being so damn expensive.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: September 30, 2011, 12:51:00 am »

Let's see...that's a 15 and a 17...which costs...$74!?

If you go with one of the Photosmart e-All in Ones as they are now, it'll cut your ink costs in less than half ($30), and the printer normally costs $99. If you wait until late October, you can get the upgraded version (also $99) which uses 4 individual ink cartridges (better quality prints, higher yield, don't have to replace all cartridges when you run out of just one color,) that cost $10 apiece (total of $40 if bought individually, if you buy the combo pack, it knocks the price down to $35ish.)

Edit: If I need to remove the link so that I'm not spamming, please let me know.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:54:55 am by MaximumZero »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: September 30, 2011, 12:54:29 am »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: September 30, 2011, 12:55:23 am »

Thankfully, we no longer use the 45. If anyone's curious, that's $36 for a little over 900 pages.

The 15 that Japa's printer needs is the same price, but only ~300 pages. Ouch.

Our newest XL Officejet print cartridge, the 950, is $36.99, but has a yield of ~2300 pages.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:58:31 am by MaximumZero »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: September 30, 2011, 12:56:55 am »

If you go with one of the Photosmart e-All in Ones as they are now, it'll cut your ink costs in less than half ($30), and the printer normally costs $99. If you wait until late October, you can get the upgraded version (also $99) which uses 4 individual ink cartridges (better quality prints, higher yield, don't have to replace all cartridges when you run out of just one color,) that cost $10 apiece (total of $40 if bought individually, if you buy the combo pack, it knocks the price down to $35ish.)

Edit: If I need to remove the link so that I'm not spamming, please let me know.

oh hello spambot.

;)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: September 30, 2011, 01:00:20 am »

oh hello spambot.

;)

YES I AM A SPAMBOT. I TALK OF NOTHING BUT HP AND PUNCHING YOU WITH SHARKS. HP HAS THE GREATEST SHARK PUNCHING TECHNOLOGY.

BUY HP! BUY ONLY HP! BUY HP NOW! IT WILL MAKE YOU A MILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY WITH A HAREM AND A PRIVATE JET!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: September 30, 2011, 01:27:37 am »

You sure are passionate about that company you work for~
And unlike their laptops, HP printers are pretty good~
Except the one I have (Photosmart C4250, I think, too lazy to check)~
I'm not sure if it's caused by my printing awkwardly sized stuff or shitty ink, but everything has these little striations~
It's also not wireless, which is a pain in the ass, because everything I use is wired, and it's the only thing that's far away~
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 3345