Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690671 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6675 on: September 21, 2011, 05:29:01 pm »

Well it could be argued that it is a tent for the camera and why am I writing this

Because even when something appears to be the most correct thing in the world, it's best to scrutinise it.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6676 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:13 pm »

I've been blogging all over the forum that I'm living out of a suitcase, sorta.  Long story short, I'm on my third night with no electricity in the house.  I'm sick of spending money, so last night I just said fuck it and slept in a hot dark house that stinks of dog.

The electrician said he could be done Tuesday afternoon.  Then this morning.  Then noon.  Finally "finished" at 4PM, except the city inspector said he fucked it up but still wrote a permit since it was easy to fix.  Then the power company says they can't get a wire guy out to spend five minutes hooking the box back up until tomorrow morning.  They make service calls until 8PM, but we're too booked.  Which wouldn't even be an issue if the electrician had been anything like competent.

I curse thee, Voltaire, Watt, and Amper.  But I save my greatest curses for Encor Power and that electrician whose name I never really caught.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: September 21, 2011, 08:42:09 pm »

Voltaire was a French philosopher. The guy you're cursing is Alessandro Volta.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »

Voltaire was a French philosopher. The guy you're cursing is Alessandro Volta.

Guess how many shits I give.  At this point, Voltaire can take his lumps too.

Also, I've got this painful lump on the back of my neck, right at shirt-collar level.  According to examiners (my mother) it's an ingrown hair, but it feels more like a golfball-sized cyst.  And it's really pissing me off.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:29 pm »

Might want to get that checked out, it could get infected. *not qualified at anything at all*
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: September 21, 2011, 09:13:11 pm »

I apologize for all people who repair electrical stuff. This is why I will always try to find a company that pays by the job, not by the hour. People who are paid by the hour take longer to fix things for some reason.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: September 21, 2011, 09:20:47 pm »

Grrr. . .I'm having trouble getting even past the first part of coding my rogue like with python+libtcod, and all because I tried something that would organize stuff better and not mess up optimization -_-* 

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: September 21, 2011, 09:31:19 pm »

I (semi) respect the guys who will go out during a thunderstorm to fix high-voltage lines that trees somehow manage to fall on.

Either they've got balls of steel, really good protective equipment that they really, really trust, or are insane.

I'm leaning towards the second option.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

Confound this Flandre, she drives me to drink! Stupid Lavatein. I HAVE NOT YET MASTERED THE MYSTERIES OF THE SPOKES.[/touhou]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:50 pm »

I don't think being drunk will make touhou any easier.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: September 21, 2011, 10:07:39 pm »

The drink in question is a cheap Red Bull knockoff. Much caffeine, no booze.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: September 21, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »

Aqitzar, As a person living in a place where blackouts are standard, I feel your pain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: September 22, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »

Microsoft has apparently decided that they do not have enough of a monopoly on PCs.
Easy solution: Built it yourself.
Theres plenty of people predicting another attack on MS by the EU anyway after the browser thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: September 22, 2011, 07:40:46 pm »

I've a bad case of people rage today. Seriously, I can't seem to do anything involving other people without them either stressing me out or pissing me off. I ask a question, they won't give me a direct answer. I ask for something and they besiege me with their damn opinions when they don't even know what they are talking about. I can't tell if its just stupidity or some sort of social bullshit I just don't partake in but it needs to stop >:(.
My personality profile.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 3345