Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690933 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6630 on: September 20, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »

Gamers.

We must be the whiniest, most-demanding, self-absorbed and self-entitled, intractable, hardest to please consumers on this planet. It's surprising to me how gamers can back a dev for YEARS, and that trust pretty much vanishes overnight the instant they change directions. Christ people spend thousands of dollars on their cars and I bet they bitch half as much to the guys that make them as they do to game devs who they've probably paid less than $100 over their life time.
The worst ones are the loudest. :-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6631 on: September 20, 2011, 01:37:21 pm »

I dunno, my lifetime video game budget is probably about $3k so far, not counting hardware.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:32 pm »

Gamers.

We must be the whiniest, most-demanding, self-absorbed and self-entitled, intractable, hardest to please consumers on this planet. It's surprising to me how gamers can back a dev for YEARS, and that trust pretty much vanishes overnight the instant they change directions. Christ people spend thousands of dollars on their cars and I bet they bitch half as much to the guys that make them as they do to game devs who they've probably paid less than $100 over their life time.

Did some game in particular bring this on?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: September 20, 2011, 01:45:57 pm »

I'm assuming Call of Halocraft's creed - 2011

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:18 pm »

I'm assuming Call of Halocraft's creed - 2011
Call of Halo: Warecraft's Battlefield Creed

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: September 20, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »

I'm assuming Madden Call of Halocraft's creed of war - 2k11

fixed that for you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: September 20, 2011, 02:12:45 pm »

They're still making madden games?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: September 20, 2011, 03:01:45 pm »

They don't make them as much as they release the same game over and over with minor changes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: September 20, 2011, 03:02:42 pm »

They don't make them as much as they release the same game over and over with minor changes.

Basically this. Also, the graphics get slightly better each time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: September 20, 2011, 03:17:28 pm »

fixed that for you.
Madden's Call of Halo: Warecraft's Starfield Creed of War - 2k12

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: September 20, 2011, 03:21:06 pm »

You know what? I have the opposite problem with gamers. Boycotts and complaints aren't taken seriously enough. Legitimate complaints are pushed aside by comments like "lol you're just going to buy the game anyway." It's why video game DRM has been steadily becoming more and more draconic whilst stuff like music DRM has not; gamers, as consumers, fail miserably at being able to make a point (both to developers and each other).

We'll continue being shoveled shitty sequelitis games with big names that don't evolve and are full of DRM because the publishers and developers don't need to be defended from complaints; their others customers do it for them.

At least indie games evolve, though the communities there are full of idiots as well.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: September 20, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »

You know if we keep this name game up, we will eventually have something so ridiculous it has to be made.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: September 20, 2011, 03:25:50 pm »

I'm hoping the game will be so generic it's literally everything.  Every genre, every gameplay/story element.  Everything.  The playtime will be when stop playing.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: September 20, 2011, 03:33:29 pm »

I'm hoping the game will be so generic it's literally everything.  Every genre, every gameplay/story element.  Everything.  The playtime will be when stop playing.
fixed that for you.
Madden's Call of Halo: Warecraft's Starfield Creed of War - 2k12

Madden's Call of Guitar God: Halo of Star-Creed: Field of War Hero: World of Assassin's Gran Turismo - 2k12... Online

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: September 20, 2011, 03:48:09 pm »

Sid Meier's Elder Scrolls Romance of Madden 2k12 Call of Guitar Disgaea: Gears of Halo Star-Creed Fotress 2 Helix Double Brink Man: Duke Nukem Field of War Hero-Craft Dokapon Mama Brave: LittleBig World of Mario Galaxy the Hedgehog Assassin's Half-Life Gran Turismo

Collector's Edition.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 3345