Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693210 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6525 on: September 15, 2011, 02:29:55 pm »

4 minutes before my shift is supposed to end (on a day I'm not even supposed to be here) and I get a call for support with TWO different surveillance/intel applications that we barely have documentation for.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: September 15, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »

Alarm clock, y u betray me? And on the day of a job interview!

Fortunately, I was able to travel at mildly alarming speeds, and the great distance to my destination allowed this to actually make a difference in my travel time (3 hour and 15 minute trip in 2 hours and 40 minutes).

Also, who the hell names a street "'A' Street"? Or "'B' Street"? Man, they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel there. I thought my directions had a typo.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: September 15, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »

Alarm clock, y u betray me? And on the day of a job interview!

Fortunately, I was able to travel at mildly alarming speeds, and the great distance to my destination allowed this to actually make a difference in my travel time (3 hour and 15 minute trip in 2 hours and 40 minutes).

Also, who the hell names a street "'A' Street"? Or "'B' Street"? Man, they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel there. I thought my directions had a typo.

There's streets named like that in Philadelphia. IIRC they are the result of expanding beyond first street (and not wanting to go into negative numbers)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: September 15, 2011, 06:00:26 pm »

They'd eventually go into imaginary numbers though if they get to i street.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: September 15, 2011, 06:10:27 pm »

I wait for a bus for 45 minutes in the rain. The bus was supposed to be there in 15. When it does come there is no chance to get on as immediately a pack of young women catfight onboard. So I decide "Alright, it'll be another 45 minutes away, I guess I can go to the computer lab and dick around for a good 30 minutes.
 Sign in, thing takes like 5 minutes to start up, no programs load on start. I continue to mess around for 30 minutes and getting nowhere, every once in a while glancing up and seeing a bus at the stop, but the stop is too far away for me to dash over there in time so I let it go. After all, two busses in a row just means the next one will take a long time again.

Nope. Four busses get to the stop in a 20 minute period. The next one I wait for was 40 minutes off.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: September 15, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »

I can't describe how liberating it was to get a car back and start driving myself places again. I love PT because I never would have completed college without it, but I also hate it. It hate how your entire day revolves around the bus, and how you end up in "limbo" situations like that. I'm a good introvert, I know how to read and retreat and everything else to pass the time....but damnit, sometimes you just want to get on with your day.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: September 15, 2011, 06:26:36 pm »

We don't really have that much money, and all cars to the household are accounted for. It's a massive inconvenience, but until I get a job that can pay for insurance I won't be pursuing a car.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: September 15, 2011, 06:29:46 pm »

I don't have money for a car either.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:00 pm »

My parents continually "forget" to take me to the local DMV for the permit test.

The school forms expire every 30 days. I've been through at least 6 of them.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: September 15, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »

I can't describe how liberating it was to get a car back and start driving myself places again. I love PT because I never would have completed college without it, but I also hate it. It hate how your entire day revolves around the bus, and how you end up in "limbo" situations like that. I'm a good introvert, I know how to read and retreat and everything else to pass the time....but damnit, sometimes you just want to get on with your day.
This what my CCNA classes are doing to me, for most of that post I thought PT was packet tracer.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: September 15, 2011, 09:41:40 pm »

I thought it was that too >.>
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:22 am »

Public transportation, fellas.

Red Orchestra 2 is making raeg like a true nerd.

It's a game where you're so tense to begin with, you can't help but shout FUCK when you get shot.

That's not why I'm raeging at it though.

I'm raging at all the gutless newbies. I've been playing since Beta and I dutifully play Russians because, hey, someone has to and Russia is awesome. But I get the worst teams. All the experienced players immediately pick the Germans and in this complex, rich tactical environment.....the proceed to rape the Russians wholesale. Just....wholesale. It's telling that I was the top player on my team some 4 games running. I'm not amazing. I'm a flawed FPS player. I know my stuff though. And for me to have the highest score and such for the whole game....my god.

I mean, it's to the point where I'm sympathizing with the Commissars because I watch HALF my team COWERING in the spawn point. I literally was this close to drawing up on someone to friendly fire just to make the point they're already dead.

Instead I motivated them with profanity in chat and all 8 of them ran up. And promptly died.

It's so stupid and one-sided, for purely human and psychological reasons, it drives a man insane.

Add on the fact it's hard to tell who is hacking and who isn't, and I literally want to knife someone after playing RO2. It's like "Fuck I wish our team had some cajones." "FUCK I just got cut down." "They just took the point in front of us...." "*die x12 times trying to take the point, alone*" "*view game map*" "*see half of team at edges of the map*" "*get cut down while closing map*"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:16:20 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: September 16, 2011, 02:26:28 am »

It's a game where you're so tense to begin with, you can't help but shout FUCK when you get shot.

I'm raging at all the gutless newbies. I've been playing since Beta and I dutifully play Russians because, hey, someone has to and Russia is awesome. But I get the worst teams. All the experienced players immediately pick the Germans and in this complex, rich tactical environment.....the proceed to rape the Russians wholesale. Just....wholesale. It's telling that I was the top player on my team some 4 games running. I'm not amazing. I'm a flawed FPS player. I know my stuff though. And for me to have the highest score and such for the whole game....my god.

I mean, it's to the point where I'm sympathizing with the Commissars because I watch HALF my team COWERING in the spawn point. I literally was this close to drawing up on someone to friendly fire just to make the point they're already dead.

Instead I motivated them with profanity in chat and all 8 of them ran up. And promptly died.

It's so stupid and one-sided, for purely human and psychological reasons, it drives a man insane.

Add on the fact it's hard to tell who is hacking and who isn't, and I literally want to knife someone after playing RO2. It's like "Fuck I wish our team had some cajones." "FUCK I just got cut down." "They just took the point in front of us...." "*die x12 times trying to take the point, alone*" "*view game map*" "*see half of team at edges of the map*" "*get cut down while closing map*"
War ain't no game, son!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: September 16, 2011, 06:59:16 am »

Obvious solution. Tell your team mates that they're not just fighting regular Nazis. They're fighting Grammar Nazis.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:30 pm »

Grammar Nazis
I'm suddenly reminded of my old college prepretory english teacher. Except enforcing it, and not tearing it asunder. *shudder*
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 3345