Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694140 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6465 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:49 pm »

Akigagak, my sister stopped stealing my stuff when I started booby trapping it all. I never had my own computer as a teen, but my portable stereo handle (I'm old, give me a break. :P) had the guts of a mouse trap stuck to it, so that whenever anyone moved my stereo, their fingers got a nasty surprise. Please note, I cleared it with my parents before I began trapping my stuff, so that they didn't fall prey too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: September 12, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »

I feel really bad for my sister.  I don't live with her but my Dad's girlfriend is too strict with her I think.  She'll get yelled at for almost everything she does and it must be hard to be able to do anything.  Unfortunately I'm just the older brother who comes to visit sometimes so I don't do anything about it.  I think she's nine now.  Sometimes I forget I even have a sister because I never see her usually.  :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »

Pony spoilers everywhere.

RAAAAAAAAAGE
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: September 12, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »

Pony spoilers everywhere.

RAAAAAAAAAGE

Ponies everywhere.

RAAAAAAAAAAGE
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: September 13, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »

Knowing more about a subject at your job than the guy who is paid twice what you are to do next to nothing but know about that subject.

Really? You never saw a computer do that before?

RAGE.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: September 13, 2011, 04:55:33 pm »

My curiosity is piqued. What had he never seen a computer do before, if you can say?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:23 pm »

The little popup that comes up at the bottom right when some windows computers says it is low on hard drive space.   My coworker panicked when she saw that and paged him over on the phones after she asked me about it.  I told her that it's ok to keep working but to let the tech guy know.

I'm not sure of everything that happened because he was messing with it for awhile and I eventually went back to focusing on my work, instead of glancing over.  Next time I looked he was disconnecting it all.  I asked and he said he didn't know what was going on so he was taking it back to his equipment in his office.

P.S. The custom program we use saves a copy of everything we scan onto the hard drive as a separate PDF file per page.(yes I decided to look around the file system during a lunch break)  I'm guessing it's finally running out of room.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:14:56 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: September 13, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »

Knowing more about a subject at your job than the guy who is paid twice what you are to do next to nothing but know about that subject.

Really? You never saw a computer do that before?

RAGE.

Oh yes.  I have a coworker who is a relative of the family that runs the company.  He does almost no work and I'm sure he's paid four times as much as I am.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: September 13, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »

This talk of people who know less but get paid still is reminding me of George.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11:06 pm »

My posts are constantly ignored, which really matches up with my real life. I posted something in the "man arrested for trolling thread" which was thoroughly ignored, and then the points of my post were re iterated a little later on, with no quotes whatsoever. Fuck.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: September 13, 2011, 07:15:58 pm »

My posts are constantly ignored, which really matches up with my real life. I posted something in the "man arrested for trolling thread" which was thoroughly ignored, and then the points of my post were re iterated a little later on, with no quotes whatsoever. Fuck.
When I'm being ignored I know I'm doing something right because it means I haven't pissed anyone off too badly. Unless I'm showing off creativity. When I'm showing off something creative, being ignored tends to feel like a sharp, heated knife slowly inching its way into my stomach. The unfortunate part of having an internal artist.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6476 on: September 13, 2011, 07:17:23 pm »

Somehow I get the sense that I'm ignoring someone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:35 pm »

Huh.
Haven't been any posts in this thread in a while :/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Hugs*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: September 13, 2011, 07:22:05 pm »

Somebody was arrested for trolling?    Hell yea! one less troll on the internet!   I will have to find this thread.   Surprised somebody would do something like that on this forum though, folks seem to pretty good about quoting stuff around here.

New rage, my bank was bought out by another bank.  I was very satisfied with my old bank, they stayed open until 15 minutes after I got out of work, letting me run to the bank after work if needed.

The new bank closes an hour earlier, so I'm SoL there but I wasn't too bothered, a few changes are to be expected.   Just now I got a call directly from my bank.  Caller ID came up with the bank name so I was a little concerned, thinking something important was happening for them to be calling so late.

They were calling to try to sell me some new service.  That's it, they are telemarketing their own customers.

So far I'm not a satisfied customer, in fact, I'm quite a bit angry with them.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: September 14, 2011, 04:12:12 am »

ghhhhhh.

So.

I just found Skylanders.

i have spent the last four hours playing Spyro 3 again because, in my opinion, it was one of the best PS1 games ever made. Then, I decide "hey, let's go see if they're following up Legend of Spyro." Note that I am a huge advocate of the PS1 series, and I was therefore more or less guaranteed to be setting myself up for disappointment.

but this.

This is a mockery of my childhood.

Spyro has been reduced to a GIMMICK TO SELL TOYS.

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE UTTER DISGUST I FEEL AT THIS DISCOVERY. HE ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING MAIN CHARACTER. YOU CAN PLAY THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME WITHOUT SO MUCH AS GLANCING AT SPYRO.

THEY NAMED IT "SPYRO'S ADVENTURE", AND HE'S A FUCKING EXTRA.

GAH.
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 3345