Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694671 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6450 on: September 11, 2011, 04:27:54 pm »

Arg, the god emperor is my favourite book of the saga.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: September 11, 2011, 04:29:27 pm »

Do we need a dune thread?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: September 11, 2011, 04:30:20 pm »

When do you not need a Dune thread? Either for explanation, mockery, praise or group therapy?

Which creepy religious zealots, though? I know there were at least two groups of such.

Uhm, everyone? No matter how you read the shrine to Leo Atredies, as genuine thing of reverence or a cynical political tool, it's still fucking creepy.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:31:51 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: September 11, 2011, 04:36:46 pm »

We now have a dune thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: September 11, 2011, 05:01:21 pm »

Just so you aren't disappointed, there are no evil sex nuns in the first and most famous book, they only show up in book 5 and 6 (out of 6).
Wait, you mean a caste of nuns that train in special seduction techniques and have thought out a breeding plan for the human race doesn't count as creepy sex nuns?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: September 11, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »

Goddamnit, today is not infinite speech length day. Yes, its important and 9/11 and blah and blah, but I should not be able to start and finish the entierety of Sandworms of Dune in a single mass.
This. I understand that it's 9/11 and a rather significant event in America's history, but damn it, I don't want to hear another hour on why we need to remember it and then come home and see that half of the funnies in the newspaper are just srs-bsns pictures of the New York before-and-after skyline. When I read the funnies, it's because I want them to be funny, not because I want yet another reminder of the horrible thing that happened 10 years ago.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: September 11, 2011, 07:25:35 pm »

Urist McMason cancels construct wall that will save the entire fortress from goblins and trolls: Attending party.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: September 11, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »

Goddamnit, today is not infinite speech length day. Yes, its important and 9/11 and blah and blah, but I should not be able to start and finish the entierety of Sandworms of Dune in a single mass.
This. I understand that it's 9/11 and a rather significant event in America's history, but damn it, I don't want to hear another hour on why we need to remember it and then come home and see that half of the funnies in the newspaper are just srs-bsns pictures of the New York before-and-after skyline. When I read the funnies, it's because I want them to be funny, not because I want yet another reminder of the horrible thing that happened 10 years ago.

Not to worry - Garfield and Dilbert were funny (and they're the only ones I read regularly).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: September 12, 2011, 12:31:26 pm »

For the love of god.

Being a teenager can be ever so hard.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: September 12, 2011, 12:34:59 pm »

And how. The kids who are trying the hardest to annoy you because they know that you cannot retaliate without repercussions, the adults who keep raising their expectations so much that you cannot keep up... and the other teens are the worst of all.

Wait, I'm not a teenager anymore and all that applies to me too! WHAAAAAH Dx

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »

Sister: "Can I have your old mouse, I need it for an assignment."
Me: "I only have one mouse-
"What about the one you were using on your old* computer?"
"That one vanished about the same time I last lent it to someone"
*squeals, slaps me on the arm as hard as she can, stomps off down the hall, slams her door.*

: |

Strange thing is, I didn't even lend it to her. This is just her natural reaction to even the implication of her stealing something. It's also amazing how many things that go "missing" end up being found next time she cleans her room.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: September 12, 2011, 12:45:38 pm »

Well obviously whoever steals your stuff uses her room as a hiding place to frame her.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: September 12, 2011, 12:46:16 pm »

I'm assuming this asterisk was meant to be attached to something? Sorry, whenever I see something that's pointed towards a footnote, I have to read the footnote. There needs to be a footnote. Where is the footnote???
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: September 12, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »

I'm assuming this asterisk was meant to be attached to something? Sorry, whenever I see something that's pointed towards a footnote, I have to read the footnote. There needs to be a footnote. Where is the footnote???

Yeah, sorry.

* Old, beaten XP machine whose CPU heatsink+fan has decided that the END TIMES are here, and will attempt to spin up to a so high a speed that the whole box takes off and leaves this planet for a non-doomed life in space.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: September 12, 2011, 01:05:41 pm »

snip
* Old, beaten XP machine whose CPU heatsink+fan has decided that the END TIMES are here, and will attempt to spin up to a so high a speed that the whole box takes off and leaves this planet for a non-doomed life in space.

You've got the Heavens' Gate Cult Edition Heatsink?! That's really rare!
This space unintentionally left blank.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 3345