Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696654 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6285 on: August 30, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

Off to the OOC thread!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: August 30, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »

My grandfather went to sleep one evening, and he didn't wake up the next day.
That exact same thing happened to my last gerbil.

And just the evening I returned from vacation too :/

But I guess what they're trying to say is that they're baffled at how fast it happened. Usually when something breaks you notice something days before.
Sometimes those things go fast. The father of a friend of mine once suffered an artery rupture. IIRC, they managed to patch him up with less than half an hour on the clock of certain doom.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: August 30, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »

Alright, cable directly to the modern hooked up, both inputs lit up and good. Computer is reporting no connection whatsoever. Internet has been out for most of the day too, so even if something worked wouldn't know. And it's pre service packs, so it's asking for the convoluted system people used before.

I am incredibly empathetic for people who had to connect back before 1995.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: August 30, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

Alright, cable directly to the modern hooked up, both inputs lit up and good. Computer is reporting no connection whatsoever. Internet has been out for most of the day too, so even if something worked wouldn't know. And it's pre service packs, so it's asking for the convoluted system people used before.

I am incredibly empathetic for people who had to connect back before 1995.
I have been recently informed that trying to hook up a preservice-pack XP computer to the internet is practically begging to be hacked within the first 20 minutes of its connection due to the security holes that can be found in it.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: August 30, 2011, 07:04:40 pm »

Adding service packs requires an Internet connection, so there isn't really much I can do about that.

Currently running into issues querying tcp/ip settings, and the only connection showing is 1394 connection. Solutions online seem to always suggest a workaround specified to sp2 so having difficulty going down that route. I may needto find the drivers for this network stuff. I'm pretty sure I have the cd that came with my motherboard around here somewhere.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: August 30, 2011, 07:22:45 pm »

I had several ready for installation, but none of them would Install correctly. I disconnected all network cables and USB nubs for when I restart for the drivers. Hopefully Avast won't have issues this time around.

Almost forgot I had the disk: it was under the packaging of my motherboard box in a sealed cd envelope. Good thing I have it and don't need to muck around with USB switching fidangling.

Now it restarts after the windows loading screen.

Motherfu-

I know my way to wiggle around that  8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:38:22 pm by Duke 2.0 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: August 30, 2011, 08:57:24 pm »

Meh. Avast! is alright, but it does get annoying.

"Virus database has been updated!"
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: August 30, 2011, 09:04:41 pm »

It seems drivers for my wireless dongle don't exist anywhere on the web. Not even the manufacturers site had any info on what I have. Until that gets set up my computer is gonna be resting a foot away from the modern in the center of the living room.

Damn you Linksys WUSB600N! Where are you?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: August 30, 2011, 09:12:59 pm »

Its here, unless this isn't actually the driver.
"Linksys WUSB600N Driver 2.1.4.0"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: August 30, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »

File not found  ;D

Windows update is also being oddly silent. Here I was hoping this would be straightforward.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:49 pm »

It seems drivers for my wireless dongle don't exist anywhere on the web. Not even the manufacturers site had any info on what I have. Until that gets set up my computer is gonna be resting a foot away from the modern in the center of the living room.

Damn you Linksys WUSB600N! Where are you?
Just go buy some cables. Way more worth it than dealing with trying to scrounge up ancient drivers. I should know, I spent a long time trying to get a printer built in 2000 working last year and it just wasn't worth it after spending hours trying to find the drivers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: August 31, 2011, 08:00:28 am »

Yay. I get to be subjected to an hour of training today, being told how to do the job that I've done for 10 years by someone who doesn't actually do my job.

Those who can't do, teach.
Those who've never done, write a how-to book.
Those who've never done but have read the how-to book, train.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:56 am »

I've always heard the variant that goes

'Those who can't do, teach.
Those who can't teach, teach PE.'
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: August 31, 2011, 08:16:09 am »

You know what made me mad today? People who idolise fictional characters and wish that real people were like that.
Reality check: Nobody will ever be like that because real life is presented from a first person perspective, rather than framed especially to highlight their intentions rather than actions. It's the very thing Twilight uses to turn a creepy stalker into a romantic guy.
Unless you can read minds, you will never be able to see somebodies intentions in front of otherwise jerkish actions, so no one will ever be that perfect. Deal with it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:54 am »

You know what made me mad today? People who idolise fictional characters and wish that real people were like that.
That makes me pissed off every damn day. I'm sick of people who idolise fiction.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 3345