Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696071 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6225 on: August 28, 2011, 04:05:21 am »

Fake email.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: August 28, 2011, 04:08:38 am »

Valid email, they check these things. Most require confirmation as well, homes.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: August 28, 2011, 04:32:07 am »

Try mailinator or similar.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: August 28, 2011, 05:54:53 am »

As much as it pains me to say it, I wouldn't falsify any info with EA. Because on the (very likely) chance you need CS's support, they're going to use those fake accounts in order to validate your purchases. (They won't use Steam data or anything else.)

The fact I didn't falsify some older EA games registration info is the only reason I was able to reclaim by BC2 account when EA mysteriously required everyone to log in again, where they promptly forgot the password they had set 6 months ago and never used again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:27 am »

Ya, just create a gmail account for your games and spam. Also for another Pandora account on another PC for extra free time. >_>

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: August 28, 2011, 07:22:58 am »

C&C4 wants me to make an account, specifically for the game, because apparently Steam and WindowsLive isn't enough online verification anymore.

No.  Fuck you EA.  I am not giving you another account to fuck up my email with, just so I can slog my way through the singleplayer campaign of an RTS I already paid good money for.
And not even a very great campaign at that, both sides end the exact same way pretty much.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: August 28, 2011, 07:24:47 am »

I crack games if at all possible after purchasing them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: August 28, 2011, 07:30:33 am »

I think that's going to be less and less possible as time goes on, and more big companies tie features of the game directly to a server. The days of simply commenting out a few lines of code in the .exe, to override a disc check or not require the game to dial up, might be ending. When companies decide that everyone who is playing their game is going to have an internet connection, period, they can centralize a lot more data and execution outside the player's machine.

It's funny but I never would have thought, 10 years ago, that popular SP and MP games were essentially going to become MMOs in terms how they handle players and the games themselves. But that's right where we're headed when EA, Activision/Blizzard, Ubi, THQ, and all the others finalize these platforms they've all been working on for a decade.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: August 28, 2011, 07:43:43 am »

The time they try to force gaming into a always-on all the time no-exceptions kind of thing will be when they lose quite a lot of people, I'd predict. Singleplayer games that are not browser-based should not require any external connection to use after some kind of verificaton activator thingie.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: August 28, 2011, 07:50:08 am »

Will they? Remember, if they do this, and believe it is going to cost them customers, they're breaking the law.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6235 on: August 28, 2011, 08:02:51 am »

The time they try to force gaming into a always-on all the time no-exceptions kind of thing will be when they lose quite a lot of people, I'd predict. Singleplayer games that are not browser-based should not require any external connection to use after some kind of verificaton activator thingie.
Well... they're kind of already doing it, so yeah.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: August 28, 2011, 08:06:06 am »

Not really, they're just doing it with a few games by giving it to ubisoft and drm-ing the crap out of it.
I'd meant them doing this everytime for everything. (Steam does not count for this, since it's offline mode actually lets you do more than look at the pictures)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:33 am »

I go to get the Sims 3 world creator and guess what happens? EA demands my serial key. FFS EA, I don't have it on me right now and I've lost the Sims 3 book alongside my the cover of the game. Why won't you let me download this shit?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: August 28, 2011, 08:16:14 am »

It's simply a matter of how much of the market has internet. That's it. We're part of a generation that remembers a time before the internet, when it wasn't a fact of life. Eventually......we're not going to be the focus of their marketing efforts and what not. They'll be preaching about always-on to a generation that has never been off....why should they care if a SP game requires the internet? They won't remember a time when they didn't. They can't play games on their phone while it's off the network...why should their PC be any different?

And the indie scene doesn't really help that situation at all. Why? Because you need internet to even have access to the indie scene. We benefit from always being on as much as we resist efforts to capitalize on it.

So yeah. Once that barrier in the public's perception of always-on changes.....game play will follow suit. There will always be games out there that don't require you to stay connected, but eventually they'll be a novelty, rather than the standard in the AAA realm.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:18:01 am by nenjin »

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: August 28, 2011, 08:32:00 am »

Evacuated for Hurricane Irene, which...  Magically didn't affect my area.  The dunes just deflected everything.  Pets are almost dead due to being finicky (chinchilla is too hot, bearded dragons too cold), have to drive five hours back...  No way of knowing the hurricane would do nothing, but still pissed.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 3345