Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695843 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6195 on: August 25, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »

EDIT: Removed lack of creativity or humour.
Instead, you could probably call him from a payphone and say you'll smash his things with a hammer, once per hour, going from highest value to lowest value, until he pays the goddamn phone bill.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:13:46 pm by blackmagechill »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: August 25, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »

^ Wow, extremely unfunny.

I have to say that at this point, you should probably move out on his sorry ass to live with your dad.  This is beyond inconvenient and into cruel and manipulative.  It's... horrible, and you've got absolutely no reason to put up with it now that you know he's actively trying to fuck you over.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:52 pm »

Hate to bring up an old discussion, but I have to say it:
Why not find a way to organize an internet-wide boycott of EA and Origin until they stop doing this ridiculousness?  At least, well, I wish I knew how to set up something like that.

Vox Populi!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:13:35 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: August 25, 2011, 11:47:49 pm »

No matter how delightfully strange cereal-filled Lion King plushies would be, I don't suspect that will help my situation. 9_9

Anyway, after some finagling, I managed to borrow internet from my neighbors. Problem being, it's really fickle. I also have to use my 8-year-old compy to do it, since my only wireless adapter works strictly on 32bit XP.

I have to say that at this point, you should probably move out on his sorry ass to live with your dad.  This is beyond inconvenient and into cruel and manipulative.  It's... horrible, and you've got absolutely no reason to put up with it now that you know he's actively trying to fuck you over.

Knowing my roommate, I don't believe he did this intentionally. Maybe I'm giving him too much benefit of the doubt, but I think he's been putting it out of mind, since we've both been having financial trouble lately. He's been milking the unemployment agency for all they're worth for close to a year now, while not actively looking for work (I've been throwing job opportunities his way, but I don't think he wants to work), and I believe his checks are beginning to run dry. That, and he's got a bad habit of spending money rather than saving it. His putting the bills and such out of sight/mind doesn't make my situation any better, but at least it wasn't an intentional dick move.

Also, though I mentioned this a bit ago, my dad is over an hour away from my jobs, my school, and all of my friends. Adding 2 hours of round-trip travel 6 days a week makes very little sense for someone living on a budget, so unless I intend to drop school prospects, quit my jobs, and cut visiting with my friends, that isn't really feasible for me. Short-term poverty and difficulty is far preferable to scrapping everything I've built up over the last few years. That, and I'm not going to do to my current roommate what's been done to me before, and abandon him on a whim. Even if the bill thing had been intentional sabotage, ruining the life and immediate future of someone who's put a measure of trust in me is not something I can find conscionable.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: August 25, 2011, 11:55:46 pm »

He's ruining your life and narrowing your chances.  This is not a time to turn the other cheek ad infinitum, just because you can give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is being utterly irresponsible with what now amounts to your money.  If you were just as irresponsible with the roommate who up and left, then don't try to make up for it by fucking yourself over, too.  Take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He doesn't want a job and he's hiding bills from you.  You can't keep making excuses for this person.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:23 am »

Oh, wife, why must you complain about us not having any money, and then turn around and complain on days when I work because, "you're not home. It's almost like I never see you!" I was home for six of the past seven days. She spent those six days ignoring me in favor of shit like Farmville. Geez, it's almost like I have a job to do tomorrow or something. I wonder how she's going to react when I land a full time job.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: August 26, 2011, 12:27:00 am »

He's ruining your life and narrowing your chances.  This is not a time to turn the other cheek ad infinitum, just because you can give the benefit of the doubt to someone who is being utterly irresponsible with what now amounts to your money.  If you were just as irresponsible with the roommate who up and left, then don't try to make up for it by fucking yourself over, too.  Take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He doesn't want a job and he's hiding bills from you.  You can't keep making excuses for this person.

I wasn't irresponsible with my previous roommate, nor is this a thing of penance; my last roommate wanted to get out of this sinking state, and to be with some friends in an area that was more his speed. I respected his wishes, and let him do what he felt he needed to do, with the mutual understanding that it would be leaving me high and dry, and I may have to sacrifice a bit to pick up the pieces and get back on my feet.

I'm legally bound to pay for this apartment for another year, and unless the financial situation is unsalvageable, or the living situation is beyond bearable, I'll address the problems with him when he gets back, and keep on trying to make it work. There is more than enough good about where I am to make up for the bad, and I'm not going to be rash about this. There are still prospective jobs I'm waiting to hear back from, so until there really is no alternative, I'll be doing everything I can to avoid letting things fall apart.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: August 26, 2011, 12:45:30 am »

>go to work
>code repository down

FUUUUU
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: August 26, 2011, 06:39:11 pm »

So i went out tonight, and i learn that one of my friends (well used to hang out with him a lot, not so much lately) got attacked while he walked his dog, now i knew about this before, but i dismissed it as another act of dumb young violence to people who are a bit different, nothing serious, a few bruises at most.But tonight i learned about the details.
He was walking his dog and three drunk/drugged retards started talking crap about his hair (shaved head with one long braind in the back) so he told them to back off.Then they put a knife to his throath and pull cutting a gash.He nearly bled to death, luckily for him he came upon some people who helped him and called an ambulance.
This happened in my old neighbourhood where some of my friends live now, most of them are different and most of them are girls, what terrifies me is that i am leaving soon to live in another city and won't be sure of their safety anymore, up until now i could walk them home to make sure everything was fine, now i'm not much of a fighter but i can atleast stall the bastards long enough for them to escape.
The thought of recieving news like this both terrifies and enrages me since i won't be in a position to do anything about it, so fuck this city, fuck its retarded people and fuck this world for being so fucked up that a guy can't walk his dog without nearly dying.

As soon as i am able i am taking myself and anyone who i care about to some distant isolated place with as little people as possible.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: August 26, 2011, 06:49:09 pm »

fuck its retarded people

Would you mind not using this word to mean "people I don't like"?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: August 26, 2011, 06:56:26 pm »

Excuse me but what else can a person who actively seeks out to harm others without any reason be but retarded and backwards?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: August 26, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »

I'm sure they were asking for it in any case, clearly.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: August 26, 2011, 07:02:11 pm »

I was reading about evolution/natural selection and creationist theory was brought up... I threw the book down in disgust. I really shouldn't get so enraged over a theory but that one just makes me want to rampage around the house while spewing hate and profanity.
My personality profile.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: August 26, 2011, 07:06:23 pm »

Excuse me but what else can a person who actively seeks out to harm others without any reason be but retarded and backwards?

I'm sure plenty of ridiculous, violent people don't have developmental disorders. Thank you for perpetuating stereotypes of both criminals and the mentally disabled, though.

I was reading about evolution/natural selection and creationist theory was brought up... I threw the book down in disgust. I really shouldn't get so enraged over a theory but that one just makes me want to rampage around the house while spewing hate and profanity.

Weird, where did you read that? Creationism isn't even a "theory" to begin with in any scientific sense of the word. I know some schools have tried to force-feed creationism to students, but I'm curious if there are still actual textbooks like that floating around.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: August 26, 2011, 07:07:50 pm »

Sociopathic.

Or, better, so that we don't keep on with the pattern of armchair diagnostics: cruel.

Mental retardation does not mean that a person is cruel or nasty, and the false attribution doesn't really help out retarded people.

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 3345