Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689805 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

*note to self: get a government job and be a lazy, lazy bum*
But not as lazy as the lazy^3 bums.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

To-do list

Getting a government internship with my dad as higher-up during summer vacation;

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

To-do list

Getting a government internship with my dad as higher-up during summer vacation;

What? NO! with your dad involved, he will give you more work, just to build character.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, he just put me into a small room with no windows.

My favorite place ever really :D

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

My dad was going to get me a job, but we kind of missed the opportunity. I could have spent the day underground, packing medicine into boxes and putting the boxes in boxes for minimum wage.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and putting the boxes in boxes
*mustresistusingmeme*

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

YAY, my 19 year old brother found a (volunteer) job!

At the food bank.

Spent the day underground, packing food into boxes and putting the boxes in boxes for nothing but the satisfaction of helping others.

Ah, well. He'll be able to put some kind of experience on his resume now. At least he has that.

(WHY CAN'T I LEGALLY GET A JOB? WHY?)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:38:46 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Spent the day underground, packing food into boxes and putting the boxes in boxes for nothing but the satisfaction of helping others.

Ah, well. He'll be able to put some kind of experience on his resume now. At least he has that.

(WHY CAN'T I LEGALLY GET A JOB? WHY?)

Why did you reverse the context of his post as an excuse to bitch about joblessness?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

It's called a rage thread. Stuff like that is perfectly fine.

Also: The "Bitching about Joblessness." Thing, I cannot LEGALLY get a job. I want a job, but cannot have one.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The backwards cipher was just plain hard to read. This is not. This is a slight change to sentence endings that has no impact on its readability whatsoever.

Sure it does. My brain knows what a period is, what a question mark is, what an exclamation point is, and so forth. It doesn't know what the hell a tilde means at the end of a sentence, because it doesn't mean anything. The only reason I know he's using it as a regular full-stop is because he specifically said so.

And yes, like someone else said, it's kind of bad form to continue a fairly arbitrarily and pointless behavior that neither enhances your communicative ability nor saves you time if it actually bothers people.

It's called a rage thread. Stuff like that is perfectly fine.

Also: The "Bitching about Joblessness." Thing, I cannot LEGALLY get a job in the sex trade. I want a job prostituting myself, but cannot have one.

it's called a rage thread; misquoting people for your own purposes is perfectly fine
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope you're not misquoting her gender because you're angry.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, just because my memory sucks. My apologies for that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

OI!

Now THAT'S not funny, G-Flex!

The backwards cipher was just plain hard to read. This is not. This is a slight change to sentence endings that has no impact on its readability whatsoever.

Sure it does. My brain knows what a period is, what a question mark is, what an exclamation point is, and so forth~
It doesn't know what the hell a tilde means at the end of a sentence, because it doesn't mean anything~
The only reason I know he's using it as a regular full-stop is because he specifically said so~

And yes, like someone else said, it's kind of bad form to continue a fairly arbitrarily and pointless behavior that neither enhances your communicative ability nor saves you time if it actually bothers people~

It's called a rage thread; misquoting people for your own purposes is perfectly fine~

Fix'd it for you.

I hope you're not misquoting his gender because you're angry.

Fix'd that too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

It is ein's fullstop mark, and she's said so in this thread, so you know it is now as well. It is not affecting the sentence anymore than no punctuation does. If you're so irritated about a single character then use the dang ignore function already, G-Flex.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope you're not misquoting his gender because you're angry.

Fix'd that too.

I'm sorry?  How is that at all "fixed?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 3345