Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691693 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Im raging about how the Media assumes all nerds crave the presence of women and don't have any friends.
I guess the Media is still murky the concept of MMOs then.  Apparently out of the millions of people who play WoW, none of them are friends?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did someone poison the county water supply with a double dose of retard today? (seriously, when I was filling my water bottle for the day this morning, I could swear I noticed an odd smell coming from the faucet)
Today, the warehouse manager, literally 3 seconds after sending me in there, almost completely closes the door to the walk-in fridge while I'm in there(even if, for some reason, it gets locked, there's a mechanism to remove the lock, however, there's no lights on the fridge). Then, he has us leave for today's outreach which was a most a mile away more than an hour than were supposed to be there(the boss even came up and asked him why he was leaving so early). Along the way, he wanted to stop and get gas for the truck, and sits at an intersection for a few minutes waiting for one of the gas stations on either side of the street to empty, then suddenly decides to just leave. And when we get there, we learn his motivation for leaving so early was so we could set up on time, only we were done in setting up in less than ten minutes(what we normally do), and spend more than half an hour doing absolutely nothing while an increasingly agitated crowd looks on. And the crowd had quite a few morbidly obese people on scooters or motorized chairs or what-have-you, and felt that their "disability" entitled them to skip to the front of the line. Seriously, if you allow yourself to become so fat that you cannot walk, you probably don't need to be coming to a place that hands out free food.

And on the way back, I had to listen to the manager and the other guy complain about the movie industry. The manager in particular said he couldn't watch a PG-13 movie, since he compulsively shuts a movie off the moment it "profanes God". And then they complained about Seasame Street being evil, especially since people petitioned the show's producers to have Ernie and Elmo get gay-married(that's what they said, but I think they meant Bert and Ernie), and to have an openly gay Muppet on the show to teach about homosexuality(the producers didn't go along with it). Now, this concerns me a bit. Although I haven't watched Seasame Street in over a decade, I've always thought Seasame Street was cool in that it generally didn't have anything to do with this kind of crap, but that may just be me not wanting to shatter the illusion of a beloved show growing up.

And finally, I think a recent Windows Update has caused my computer to start hemorraging memory, badly. Also, when looking at running processes, and while having WMP playing, I noticed a process called mfpmp.exe, which is described as Media Foundation Protected Pipeline EXE. What the hell is it, why haven't I noticed it before, and why does the Created date in its file properties show a date in February, while it's Last Modified date show three weeks earlier in January??
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

So, computer virus messed up my computer. Struck out of the blue and did some big damage in a very short amount of time. Safe mode won't boot, so I will have to use the installation disk to repair the boot files.

I can't find the disk.

I have the box with the product number and the product key, but the disk isnt inside because it came in a flimsy envelope. I put it in a hard case and that case is nowhere to be found. Calling various stores price a new disk at between $30 - $130. Gonna be calling friends to see if they have XP Professional installed and if they have the disk I can use.

The worst part is that I need to have Internet access to deal with class registration. This is not a good time for such a problem.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You seem to have internet access somehow?

Linux live disc should get you through the online form woes in the short term if you can get hold of one. Most linux magazines that come with DVD's/CD's have a live disc distro these days.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good job to the article for completely disappearing heterosexual women, as well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Pshaw. Women are too busy in the kitchen to be nerds.
*Hugs*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Im raging about how the Media assumes all nerds crave the presence of women and don't have any friends.

You've got it backwards. It's not what they believe, it's what they want you to believe about yourself. I don't crave the presence of women, I crave a girlfriend and a relationship that doesn't begin and end in bed. Because those are fun for about two weeks. Much like everything else the media tries to sell you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh, what the fuck? Knights of Honor won't run, it keeps saying "Cannot allocate memory: The handle is invalid".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Linux live disc should get you through the online form woes in the short term if you can get hold of one. Most linux magazines that come with DVD's/CD's have a live disc distro these days.
Everyone else in my family has laptops. None of them can burn a disk. I wouldn't even know where to get a Linux magazine. I do have a good 40 gigs free space for a new os though.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In addition to my previous rage, avast! has picked up several virii, according to the real-time shield logs. Might explain the recent crashiness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Everyone else in my family has laptops. None of them can burn a disk. I wouldn't even know where to get a Linux magazine. I do have a good 40 gigs free space for a new os though.
You can use a flash drive to make a Linux boot disk. Have you got any of those handy?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use a flash drive to make a Linux boot disk. Have you got any of those handy?
That I do. It would be nice to have a link to the information, as I would have to use my sisters laptop for this. Currently I use her iPad, which doesn't have that capability.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

I'm posting this so I can get it out of my system. GRAAAAAAA

Situation: where I live, we don't have enough money to build a Catholic church. So we currently rent the local Anglican church. We're considering switching to the Uniting Church because we're running out of room for parishioners in the church. Part of the problem is the amount of children (maybe about the same as the number of adults?), which is causing a decent amount of annoyance among the people who don't have kids.

Now what happened was that last Sunday, the kids were behaving themselves even better than they usually do. So one of the older parishioners (he and his wife have been making a bit of noise about this. Most of the others haven't.) says, and it's a paraphrase, but he basically said "I've been going to church for 15 years, and today was the first time I feel I went to mass."

GRAAAAAAA IF YOU DON'T FEEL YOU'RE GOING TO MASS GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

That I do. It would be nice to have a link to the information, as I would have to use my sisters laptop for this. Currently I use her iPad, which doesn't have that capability.
This should have the information you need. I can PM you my email address if you'd like and need more information, or I could get on Steam chat if you have it (I have next to no idea who does or does not).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

You know what's making me rage? People who leave the door open when they go to the toilet, thus making me have to hear it all.

NO. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU TAKE A SHIT. CLOSE THE DOOR YOU ANNOYING FUCK.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 3345