Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696263 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

Really pissed at myself.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Make it so it sounds like something that if you say no to, you're immediately the spawn of (insert religious anti-diety here).

BOOM, instant support because if you say no, no matter what you say, you are marked out as a psycho.

Perfect plan for police states.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:24:14 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Make it so it sounds like something that if you say no to, you're immediately the spawn of (insert religious anti-diety here).

BOOM, instant support because if you say no, no matter what you say, you are marked out as a psycho.
But the name is entierly unrelated to the bill. it is tracking everyone's internet history for no reason other than that congress does not understand the difference between reality and crazyland at all and needs a punch to the head to do so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Exactly the point. The general public probably won't be getting into what that bill actually does because of the name.

Thusly, if you say no, they will never listen to you about what it actually is.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Goddamnit, Congress, stop being worse than a box of idiots. That does not need to go before the House, it needs to be buried under it.

Please note that this was being done while the FAA remains unfunded, costing millions of dollars a day in lost tax revenue and while the debt limit crisis was at its peak. That is what they were focusing on...
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

My network connection hasn't been working for bit more than a day - or so I thought. Just few minutes ago, I checked my proxy settings:
1. ??? That box should not be ticked.
2. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

My network connection hasn't been working for bit more than a day - or so I thought. Just few minutes ago, I checked my proxy settings:
1. ??? That box should not be ticked.
2. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
scan!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Was told a few weeks ago that major schedule changes were in the works, and to "arrange your non-work life to accomodate our needs". Which I did by arranging to move my kids to a cheaper (and not as good, IMHO) daycare so they could both go 5 days a week, since I wasn't going to be working Sat-Wed anymore.

Now that that's done, and we've given our notice at the current daycare, I hear today that they're thinking of delaying any changes until Jan 1.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Actually, my response was, "No, *my* schedule will be changing come end of August, because I 'arranged my non-work life', per your request."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah, stupid IE9. Stop freezing my computer.

Goddamnit, Congress, stop being worse than a box of idiots. That does not need to go before the House, it needs to be buried under it.

Please note that this was being done while the FAA remains unfunded, costing millions of dollars a day in lost tax revenue and while the debt limit crisis was at its peak. That is what they were focusing on...
The way I see it, most if not all of Congress has absolutely no chance of re-election except through the most blatant of corruption, so before their terms are up they're setting everything up so that they can overthrow democracy and establish some kind of feudal dictatorship. I imagine that getting rid of Obama in some way will be part of that. I doubt he'd be the one to lead a new era of Arch-StupidocracyConservatism.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Gah, stupid IE9. Stop freezing my computer.

The way I see it, most if not all of Congress has absolutely no chance of re-election except through the most blatant of corruption, so before their terms are up they're setting everything up so that they can overthrow democracy and establish some kind of feudal dictatorship. I imagine that getting rid of Obama in some way will be part of that. I doubt he'd be the one to lead a new era of Arch-StupidocracyConservatism.

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself, then.

Obama compared to JFK:
A torch is passed to the first President from his generation and the first from a large ethnic group, who is notable for lofty rhetoric, boundless optimism, an ability to inspire, and a tendency to make really damn good speeches, who selects as his running mate a long-tenured Senator from the older generation. The parallel, one really friggin' hopes, stops there.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:06:09 pm by PyroDesu »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the... what... WHAT. That's just stupid. I mean, I don't do anything that the government would bother looking at, but still. And one has to wonder how they intend to factor in proxies and various other stuff like that. Oh, and this is going to absolutely kill ISPs if it passes - I'd imagine the extra expense necessary to do tracking like this isn't going to be very cheap.

Also.
I doubt he'd be the one to lead a new era of Arch-StupidocracyConservatism.
Am I allowed to be slightly offended by this?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Also.
I doubt he'd be the one to lead a new era of Arch-StupidocracyConservatism.
Am I allowed to be slightly offended by this?

Yes. But only slightly. I kid.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Obama compared to JFK:
A torch is passed to the first President from his generation and the first from a large ethnic group, who is notable for lofty rhetoric, boundless optimism, an ability to inspire, and a tendency to make really damn good speeches, who selects as his running mate a long-tenured Senator from the older generation. The parallel, one really friggin' hopes, stops there.

It does, and here's why.

Obama isn't threatening the status quo like Kennedy did. Kennedy sought to unilaterally dismantle the CIA and drastically reverse our Cold War policies toward the Soviets (and by extension our whole nuclear policy.) Kennedy's own military commanders and CIA officials ran black ops for the express purpose of embarrassing Kennedy and forcing him to act aggressively against the Soviets. Kennedy was in direct opposition, sometimes publicly but often privately, to the powers that be. He was secretly in talks with both Kruschev and Castro while his military was advising him to nuke and/or invade Cuba, assassinate Castro and tell the USSR to eat a dick. At one point Kennedy was ordering the arrest and detention of Cuban guerrillas trained by the CIA and ordered to attack Cuba, because the CIA went ahead and told them to commence their operations even though Kennedy directly order the CIA and the military not to do it.

That's the degree to which Kennedy threatened the establishment that has the power to kill.

Obama? He's in with Wall Street, he's on their side as his cabinet appointments make clear. The military has his back, who Obama just re-slathered in hero sauce by getting Bin Laden. Our military has been fighting a "hot war" against terrorism for close to a decade and I think they're pretty damn tired of fighting and dying for essentially nothing. We don't think we can win in Afghanistan, honestly, compared to the anti-communists who thought we could beat the USSR. Obama's goals and the military's goals most align on this, I think.

The hits the establishment is going to take are out in the public, in the media, voted on and essentially authorized by the American people. For all his new dawn, new day talk, Obama has turned out to play very well with the political establishment. He's not Kennedy because he's not willing to take direct action in the face of entrenched opposition. Guantanamo? The half-in, half-out thing in Libya? His cabinet appointments? The debt ceiling debate? All of these point, to me, to a president who isn't willing to challenge the status quo and therefore isn't in danger of being snuffed out. Kennedy fired the director of the CIA under him after the whole Bay of Pigs incident (which I won't go into.) That's a powerful, independent executive. Obama is nothing like that.

About the only other direct comparison between the two you can draw is how much the media adore them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:16:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I've been stuck in a sort of sad-rage about things in general for the past few hours. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 3345