Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3334 3335 [3336] 3337 3338 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3687316 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DVI-DUMBASS Edition
« Reply #50025 on: February 05, 2015, 11:18:55 am »

I fixed the thing so they can stop posting now.
Setting the value field does work to change the textarea text, though.  The problem was they weren't getting referring to flowerRadio as flower when trying to fetch the value...  Of course, you fixed that too so yeah.
Yeah, setting the value does work in browsers, but it's an undocumented feature and hence not recommended. "value" isn't even an official attribute of "textarea" according to the HTML specifications (you can't set the value attribute manually at all, only with JS), so you can't be assured that it'll work on all HTML-compliant browsers. The major browsers support it just in case of all the people's shitty code. innerHTML is less ambiguous.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:28:55 am by Reelya »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50026 on: February 05, 2015, 12:07:21 pm »

Rage, rage... Nothing really rage worthy.  That's probably why I've been watching debate videos on youtube, trying to get engaged in issues again.

"So, why do you watch the news?"

"I like the seething boil of rage is sends coursing through my veins."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:15:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #50027 on: February 05, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »

Rage, rage... Nothing really rage worthy.  That's probably why I've been watching debate videos on youtube, trying to get engaged in issues again.
Do not go gentle into that good night;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50028 on: February 05, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »

If that's the case, I ought to declare them dependants. ::)
You might actually be able to. If you want to pursue it, check out the details on the... non-relative dependents or something along those lines. If you're the one providing support, you can absolutely claim your parents or any other house residents as a dependent. It's a marginally different sort of dependent than the one that's a <23 years old immediate blood relative, but there's still tax benefits available for you if you're the one providing majority support.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50029 on: February 05, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »

Aww, fuck. I (illegitimately) acquired Telltale's Walking Dead: Season Two. And because of my evil and sinful ways of acquiring it, Episode 5 isn't available.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I wanted to cry today.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50030 on: February 05, 2015, 05:55:03 pm »

Had a sore throat and cough all weekend. Missed two days of work because of it. Then it snowed big time on Wednesday, so I spent one of those kinda working days from home that tends to leave me feeling like shit because I haven't had a change of scenery in 12 hours.

Today, going into work, I slipped on the ice and fell, so I got to start the day wet from the snow and my arm half frozen from where it went elbow-deep into a snow drift. Then, today at lunch, the latch on my passenger side door broke so it wouldn't close. So I had to miss yet more work to take it down to the shop. It'll cost me $300 to fix it. But at least they were able to get the door to latch so I didn't have to drive around with my door roped shut and snow and road slush flying into my car.

This week has just fucking sucked. Hoping my die roll for next week is a lot better, because this week was snake eyes.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:36:02 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #50031 on: February 06, 2015, 12:03:13 am »

I imagine this is how Bruce Banner gets his Hulk on in emergencies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50032 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:15 am »

I imagine this is how Bruce Banner gets his Hulk on in emergencies.
So he lied.

That's his secret.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50033 on: February 06, 2015, 01:04:22 am »

That, or a playlist of cute cat videos on youtube. Need to stsy calm? Kittens! Need to get angry? Comments!
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50034 on: February 06, 2015, 02:05:52 am »

Drat! The old bag who lives downstairs is loitering outside the laundry, which means I can't get past to do my washing without talking to her. I guess I'll have to try and remember to do it later.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50035 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:08 am »

Global warming in Civilization IV.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50036 on: February 06, 2015, 02:46:30 am »

I didn't get it last time I played. Avoid using too many factories.

Then again, it's completely unavoidable if you play on a map with more than 5 players, huh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50037 on: February 06, 2015, 02:47:44 am »

Huh. I didn't realize you could even get global warming in Civ IV. I knew you could get nuclear winter through excessive nukings, but...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50038 on: February 06, 2015, 02:48:42 am »

Huh. I didn't realize you could even get global warming in Civ IV. I knew you could get nuclear winter through excessive nukings, but...
Well, based off how it works, it's basically nuclear winter.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50039 on: February 06, 2015, 04:49:46 am »

I don't really rage, but this is the closest thing to a thread for feeling hurt, angry, and embittered. I don't make a habit of voicing feelings like this, since it doesn't stand to change anything. They aren't feelings in response to things that can change, at least that I have an ability to change directly. More just things to accept and find ways to avoid or live around.

I've trained myself to be pretty self-sufficient. Been doing most of my own caretaking since I was young, because I didn't have an available alternative. At certain points in my life I've tried something different, opening up to the support of others, counting on their help to free up some of my mental, emotional, or material resources for other things. And every time I trust people to mean what they say, or to follow through with promises and commitments they make, I eventually get burned, and lose whatever momentum I have going in my life. Am I expecting too much? Am I trusting the wrong people? Are there even people who don't do that? I honestly don't know.

I started seeing this pattern recently, when my biodad let slip that he considers me an "investment" of his. Funny how this comes from the man who saddled my mother with the debt of singlehandedly raising 3 kids while he dodged child support... not to mention the psychological scars that came from growing up in the situation he created for me. Someone who later promised help with college tuition, but pulled it at a time that cost me my grants, enrollment, apartment, and saddled me with debt I'm still paying off. A man who offered me a place to live rent-free while I worked to self-educate and build a freelance career, until I fully committed to it... at which point he asked more and more in rent until it passed anything I've paid for an apartment before. I don't know what exactly he thinks he invested, nor what he's expecting to collect in return. I don't even know how someone could consider their family that way... it's hard for me to imagine a code of ethics that permits that. But time and again, I believed he meant what he said, and it cost me.

He's certainly not alone in this either... it's a pattern that's established itself thoroughly in friendships, romantic relationships, even jobs. People who see me as something they stand to gain from... a source of emotional support, freely-given time and effort, or some other need, who bait me in with ideas of mutual benefit or unconditional reciprocation. A relationship history full of partners who've taken advantage of how badly I want to trust others, and my willingness to help unconditionally... people who have fostered the codependence I've worked hard to dismantle- my tendency to take on their problems as my own, and commit any resources they ask for- only to leave when they got what they wanted, or use it as leverage against me. Always people I care about, people I sympathize with, and people I love.

Hope, optimism, and trust are in my nature... I have to believe that something better is always possible, or there's really no damned point in anything. And I'm tired of people using that against me. I'm not a fucking investment. I'm not a therapist. I'm not a thing to be used as necessary, then discarded. And I'm tired of trusting that the people I let into my life consider me as something other than that. I'm tired of being burned for loving people, believing people to mean what they say, or trusting them in the ways they try to convince me they can and should be trusted. I'm tired of being open about my troubles, if people only offer help to gain leverage against me. I don't even know why I'm writing any of this down, when it stands to change nothing. I'm just so damned tired of it all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:51:54 am by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 3334 3335 [3336] 3337 3338 ... 3345