Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3332 3333 [3334] 3335 3336 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3687589 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DVI-DUMBASS Edition
« Reply #49995 on: February 04, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »

Someone does what any decent person should do. Then tumblr.
If this is what is the norm for what is called human behavior nowadays (based, and maybe biased, according to my average reads on these kinds of things... anywhere (tumblr, reddit, etc.); kinda why I don't social network anymore); that kindness and decency, regardless, is punished. Then anytime I ever regard(ed) myself as inhuman, this is what I usually mean by that. Because being a good person is not regular human behavior, and I am ashamed to be lumped in with these assholes. In essence, I disavowed my humanity long ago. but I'm not a -kin of any sort. Basically, I am nothing, and I'm happy with that.

Humanity, in general, just makes my blood boil (even my own religion makes me facepalm in it's general ignorance; thank goodness we're not all like that, but the sensible side is a lonely existence; or at least, a silen(t/enced) one, muted by the ignorant and irrational loudmouths that hate everybody "in the name of [INSERT GOD HERE]"). Based on my average observations, we're a world full of hate. I welcome our alien overlords, and whatever elder gods and the like take interest in destroying our world; even AIs that go Skynet (Terminator is on, why not?). The fact the Apocalypse/reset button getting hit, or reality shattering didn't occur is still a disappointment to me. It speaks volumes when a person like me even loses hope in our species that I wish the End of Days to happen, just to mercy kill us. Ugh.

I think I need to take some time off from the internet to cool off and fall back into being my old naive fun-loving and caring self again. If anything starts up from this post, I apologize in advance.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:47:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49996 on: February 04, 2015, 07:48:36 pm »

I dunno, humanity is pretty neat. We made spaceships and computers and deudly firearms and those require a good bit of technical knowledge that gets developed.
Also I owe being alive to the existence of humanity so that's something too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49997 on: February 04, 2015, 07:51:16 pm »

Valid point. I guess it's more, I don't mind humans in general, but I despise society for what it (d)evolved into becoming these days. It's gotten more vicious than usual. Ghostbusters 2 comes to mind. Why isn't there some hate-slime (emotionally-charged proto-/ecto-plasm) coming out of our planet yet? And why haven't we gotten our dancing toasters, activated by the stuff, yet?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:56:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49998 on: February 04, 2015, 07:58:35 pm »

It's gotten more vicious than usual.

Probably false. Douchery is eternal. Although the actual quantity of the aforementioned douchery has probably increased with the quantity of the human race, so we're looking at quite a lot of it right now in sheer volume, if not an increased douchery:humanity ratio.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49999 on: February 04, 2015, 08:02:13 pm »

Yeah, I would have to wonder what makes you think humanity has gotten worse instead of just "being bad".
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #50000 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:50 pm »

It's gotten more vicious than usual.
Probably false. Douchery is eternal. Although the actual quantity of the aforementioned douchery has probably increased with the quantity of the human race, so we're looking at quite a lot of it right now in sheer volume, if not an increased douchery:humanity ratio.
Let's hope it doesn't reach a critical mass then. Who knows what'll happen when it blows up?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50001 on: February 04, 2015, 08:06:33 pm »

Ehh, it's more sort of a general collapse, like a cliffside being blasted.  Lots of bits and pieces afterwards, then it eventually gets recycled into something else.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50002 on: February 04, 2015, 08:07:48 pm »

Not to mention that the internet gives each and every one of those douches a voice.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50003 on: February 04, 2015, 08:12:57 pm »

Someone does what any decent person should do. Then tumblr.
I'm starting to get put back into the world of feminist nazis again, and I don't want to go back... Especially since the one I'm informed of is about something with women and video games and as much as I hate how stupid people's arguments can get, you can never underestimate something overwhelmingly stupid in overwhelming numbers... So I'm abstaining from getting caught in the crossfire. But I have to admit, the amount of good deeds and assumed horrible acts men are assumed to think/do are outrageous. A prime example is there is a sign on the bus in my area (Windsor, Ontario) that LITERALLY tells MALE passengers to not touch, look, speak or MASTURBATE to women on the bus. This is not only uncalled for, but insanely stupid. There's feminism, and then there's fascist feminism. Seriously, if you associate all men with the shitheads, then you got a problem. YES, the only thing people look at is that bad (look at all the pedophile preist jokes and whatnot; not all priests are goofs, so why say they all are?). Islamic countries are an even better example; a lot of people I know think they're all terrorists (my dad is one of them). Sadly, I haven't spoken to one or made friends with someone who is islamic or arabic, but they're not all bad people. Yes, there are quite a few good examples of why you would be wary of them, but they aren't all bad. Same with men. I know that men can be horrible, but women can as well. Hell, I'm SCARED of women because of my past experiences with them. But do I judge all of them the same because they hurt me most of my ? Fuck no! Hell, I met a few female friends at school and even though I'm scared of them, I talk to them like a friend before my fear overtakes me. I do admit, one of them seems to be one of those women who think men are awful (she posted something saying the term "all men aren't bad" means its ok to play russian roulette. Not all the chambers are loaded, but there is ONE. This seriously changed my outlook on her, but I still consider her a friend... I just don't talk feminism around her. This also offended me, but I don't let it bug me). On a final note, I HAVE seen the worst of men when I was in rehab and heard some crazy shit from them. BUT the same thing goes for the women as well. We live in a world where if someone does something wrong, we blame everyone who looks, acts or thinks like them. That black, curly haired male killed a man? HATE ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE! That white blonde hair blue eyes man raped a girl? HATE ALL THE WHITE MEN! I guarantee that if men had the willpower to speak up about abusive women in their lives, they would have the same thing happen to them. Sadly, you get men like me who are too scared or too proud to admit it.

In a different sense, I'm raging because MY FUCKING JAVASCRIPT CODE DOESN'T FUCKING WORK AND ITS DUE TOMORROW! And thats the panic part. The RAGE part is the fact the textbook doesn't do fuck all in tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Code: [Select]
<html>
<head>
<!-- Program Name: flowerForm.html
Purpose: To create a form with the user's name and a choice of flower
Author: Specner Durette
Date last modified: February 3rd, 2015
-->
<script type="text/javascript">
//Variables
var flower;
var BR = "<br />";
var PA = "<p />";
var NL = "\n";

//Change the flower value when a radio button is pressed
function setType(flowerType) {
flower=flowerType;
}

function displayRequest() {
var fullName = document.FlowerForm.fullName.value;
var flower = document.FlowerForm.flowerPicked.value;

document.FlowerForm.FormRequest.value =
"Thank you for requesting information!" + NL + NL
+ "Name: " + fullName + NL
+ "Flower Inquiry About: " + flowerType
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<h2>Flower Information Form</h2>
<form name="FlowerForm" action="">
<strong>Enter Your Full Name:</strong><br />
<input type="text" name="fullName" value="Full Name" size="40"><br />
<br />
<strong>Select the flower you wish to make an inquiry about</strong><br />
<input type="radio" name="flower" value="Roses" onclick="setType(flowerType)" />Roses<br />
<input type="radio" name="flower" value="Carnations" onclick="setType(flowerType)" />Carnations<br />
<input type="radio" name="flower" value="Daisies" onclick="setType(flowerType)" />Dasies<br />

<input type="button" name="resquestButton" value = "Display Request" onclick="displayRequest()" /><p />
<textarea name ="FormRequest" readonly="true" value = "" rows="8" cols="50"></textarea><br />
</form>
</body>
</html>

And no, I don't care if you see my name on there. Seriously, this fucking textbook says nothing on what is wrong with this shit and I'm 99% certain theres a part in the book that's written wrong and it confuses me. Lucky for me, once I finish this, I got not only one assignment done, but I can literally delete half of this shit and hand it in as it literally has one display the shit, the other is make the shit work.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #50004 on: February 04, 2015, 08:17:35 pm »

I'm starting to get put back into the world of feminist nazis again, and I don't want to go back... Especially since the one I'm informed of is about something with women and video games and as much as I hate how stupid people's arguments can get, you can never underestimate something overwhelmingly stupid in overwhelming numbers... So I'm abstaining from getting caught in the crossfire. But I have to admit, the amount of good deeds and assumed horrible acts men are assumed to think/do are outrageous.
Kinda reminds me of a quote. I forget who said it, and I may be paraphrasing it, but it went something along the lines of:
Don't underestimate stupidity in large numbers.

That statement can't be any clearer than taking a gander at social media.

EDIT:
Possibly correct quote and person (you know how search engines go).
Quote from: George Carlin
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:19:49 pm by Itnetlolor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50005 on: February 04, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »

Valid point. I guess it's more, I don't mind humans in general, but I despise society for what it (d)evolved into becoming these days. It's gotten more vicious than usual.
... as a rule, it really, really hasn't. Even a cursory understanding of history shows that in general, things have improved -- not just in the most affluent places, but pretty much everywhere. The worst of us are better off, on the net (particularly, much greater numbers of said worst off would have just been straight up dead, not too far back). The best of us are better off. Pretty much everyone and everything is doing better than it was a few centuries ago. Cultures on the whole have gotten less vicious, even the more vicious or destabilized of them.

If you dislike things nowadays, it's largely only because you're aware enough to notice the excesses. Handful of generations ago, not only would have likely have not noticed, there's a damn good chance you would have been contributing to them.

Things... really are just kinda' better nowadays. They might not be in another century or two depending on how the environment shakes out, but right here and right now our species is kinda' at a high point. Least violent century in human history or something like that, among all the sciencey and culturaly stuff that's been happening.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50006 on: February 04, 2015, 08:22:18 pm »

I got my quote thing there you pointed out from one of the old goblin tokens in Magic the Gathering. But I'm not surprised that it was said by someone else first

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50007 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:05 pm »

<code>

I wouldn't use onclicks on the radio buttons, there's no point.  You can get the value of the selected radio button with
var flower = document.FlowerForm.flower.value;document.FlowerForm.flower is the set of radio buttons using the name "flower", I'd probably rename that to flowerRadio or something.

So changing that line, and also
+ "Flower Inquiry About: " + flower
instead of + flowerType, and it should work.  Then you can just get rid of the setType method and the calls to it.

Also typo "dasies" should be "daisies", and the word "flower" looks like nonsense to me now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #50008 on: February 04, 2015, 08:44:19 pm »

ConfigParser is being a dick.

Actually, I can't even tell if it's ConfigParser because the code doesn't even execute. At all. It just stops, right before the for loop. No crash, no error, just stops. It's probably something I've done, but bugger me sideways if I know what it is.
The real kicker is that the rest of the program works fine (barring the fact that it's missing a huge chunk of data that didn't load).

I'm not really asking for help here, just raging at unexplainable computer problems.

Screw this, I'm using C# instead.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50009 on: February 04, 2015, 08:52:36 pm »

<code>

I wouldn't use onclicks on the radio buttons, there's no point.  You can get the value of the selected radio button with
var flower = document.FlowerForm.flower.value;document.FlowerForm.flower is the set of radio buttons using the name "flower", I'd probably rename that to flowerRadio or something.

So changing that line, and also
+ "Flower Inquiry About: " + flower
instead of + flowerType, and it should work.  Then you can just get rid of the setType method and the calls to it.

Also typo "dasies" should be "daisies", and the word "flower" looks like nonsense to me now.

Its moreas the fact it doesn't do anything when I hit the button. Everything displays, but when I click the button, nothing shows up in the damn text box

Pages: 1 ... 3332 3333 [3334] 3335 3336 ... 3345