Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3283 3284 [3285] 3286 3287 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691638 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLUSH THAT SHIT Edition
« Reply #49260 on: January 18, 2015, 02:54:18 am »

Apparently the special edition 3DS Majoras Mask bundle sold out in 15 minutes because of scalpers
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:57:59 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49261 on: January 18, 2015, 04:51:33 am »

Grrrr... If I just had some money...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49262 on: January 18, 2015, 05:01:09 am »

Boyfriend had a raging geekboner over that thing that was cut short in its prime when he saw it was already sold out, so that's... unfortunate news to hear.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49263 on: January 18, 2015, 06:31:22 am »

Scalpers?
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49264 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:04 am »

(Yeah, the people in Southern US are.... we aren't used to the cold, and cold for us is "50-60". Anything under that is terrifying to us, and we dread snowflakes as the harbinger of the end times.  :P )
So that's like 10 degrees... that's getting near the maximum temperature I could feel comfortable in for an extended period of time. Also doesn't it get really cold in the US?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49265 on: January 18, 2015, 06:42:18 am »

Depends on the part of the US. Some areas seem to never get below 60 degrees F, others get down to -60.

And thats not even talking about Alaska.

Oh, and to make matters worse, some of the areas that can get to -60 can get up to, say, 90.

The numbers may be off slightly...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #49266 on: January 18, 2015, 08:03:21 am »

In England we have relatively constant temperatures. (About -5 to 25 C) And about ten degrees tends to be the upper comfort limit of anyone born and raised above Birmingham :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49267 on: January 18, 2015, 09:06:24 am »

Well, looks like my lazy arse is walking home.
Went to catch a bus, then realized I'm not really sure where to catch one from this part of the city.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49268 on: January 18, 2015, 09:08:12 am »

The computer is your friend! The bus system should have a website.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49269 on: January 18, 2015, 09:14:19 am »

Heh, that'd help if I had a better phone... I know they have a website, I just can't really access it with this phone.
It's not so bad, it's not that far to my place from here, I know the way and am sober enough to make it there barring anyone brutally murdering me along the way. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #49270 on: January 18, 2015, 09:31:31 am »

Scalpers?
People buying the bundles for the sole purpose of selling them on ebay for incredibly inflated prices once supplies runs out
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49271 on: January 18, 2015, 10:18:34 am »

Flippin' Google Maps. 
When I type gas, I mean a gas station.  Not a gas company's administrative building.
When I want to change destination, I shouldn't have to click three x's in two different spots then press blue arrows in another two spots. 
Why the hell can't it process "hotels near convention center". 
Yesterday I told it to avoid toll roads, but apparently that decision *doesn't persist* so now I have to mail a money order for 50 cents...  And I just realized I forgot to record the plate off my rental car, so I guess I need to call and see how the hell that works.
And I can't remember the specific example, but isn't it great when a one-word search finds a result halfway across the country instead of assuming you mean something nearby?  Ugh.

The real thing I'm upset about I can't even really talk about.  I looked forward to a thing for over a year then decided not to do it, rendering a big portion of this trip a massive waste.

So I get a redeye train back to my home state and try to pick up my car at my mom's, and it turns out she's freaking pissed at me because she took my car to the DMV and basically lied to them to get it inspected and registered.  Which I really didn't want her to do, she's under a lot of stress and I live 3 hours away from her and planned to handle it myself.  But she insists on picking me up from the train station an hour away (I was going to take the bus but she's already most of the way to the station when she tells me).

The whole ride she tells me how stressful the DMV situation was.  And how she went ahead and had the shop replace my glitchy door handle for $200 "I hope that's okay".  I'm paying for it all of course...  Not that I mind, most of it needed to be done...  But I don't live with her, and she seriously got *way* too far in my business.  Yet here she is *forgiving me* for being irresponsible, as if I dumped any of this on her.  But all I can say is "Thanks"  "I really appreciate it"  "This is a big help" "I really wasn't expecting this but thank you".  Because the only thing that would make this worse is to add any more stress on her, she works way too hard, the guilt would kill me.

I already feel guilty for lying about why I stayed in Florida, and chickening out of it *anyway*.  There's no way I could take a nap now, I'll sleep after I drive 3 hours home in the rain (hopefully this evening).

Oh and Tuesday I have to give a work presentation on something that's completely outside my job description, again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49272 on: January 18, 2015, 12:13:17 pm »

My netbook decided to reject my login password(which I have it set to require the password after closing/opening the lid). I don't know why. I had to cold restart it to get it to login again.

EDIT: Continuing the thing about carbonated drinks, the local news station did a segment about this local brand. I'm raging because they're close to where I live, but not close enough to anywhere it's sold to actually go out and buy any.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:09:00 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49273 on: January 18, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »

Welp, Windows file backup has decided that it shall crash windows whenever used. Lovely.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49274 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »

Welp, Windows file backup has decided that it shall crash windows whenever used. Lovely.
I'm pretty sure there's a windows command you can run from the terminal that scans through all of the default windows programs, checking to see if any are corrupted or broken and if so, redownloads them. I just can't seem to remember what it is exactly right now. :/
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 3283 3284 [3285] 3286 3287 ... 3345