Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707139 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #480 on: December 11, 2010, 09:42:17 am »

Blarh, have to go to a party with relatives I hate, today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 11, 2010, 10:46:09 am »

Rhapsody will not let me sign in due to an absence of internet connection. Despite the fact that my connection is working just fine.
[/post]

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 12, 2010, 03:52:25 pm »

Internet crapping out on me. It's up. It's down. It's up. It's down. It's up. It's down.
It's up for now, but it'll probably go down again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 12, 2010, 08:37:40 pm »

Me being stupid and not reading, then downloading a firefox "update", now every five minutes ESET blocks some unwanted page, ok it seems SpyBot finally fixed it, woohoo!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:35 pm »

Oblivion not taking screenshots. I've changed the damn INI file and everything. Which leads me to ask, why did they disable screenshots by default in the first place?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 13, 2010, 06:24:04 pm »

I spent three hours of what could have been sleep writing a paper last night. And then I found out it wasn't due today. I believe I may have reached the rare state of "hysterical killrage".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 13, 2010, 06:29:02 pm »

Orthodontist appointment. AAAARRGGHH.

I believe I may have reached the rare state of "hysterical killrage".

Sigg'd
[/post]

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 13, 2010, 06:30:36 pm »

Headache makes it impossible to think clearly for more than 2 seconds before a wave of pain obliterates whatever thought process I was going on. Bad day for this to happen.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2010, 11:25:30 pm »

Hey, that video is finished loadingnoIdidn'tmeantogotothesitegaaahh

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2010, 11:29:26 pm »

I spent three hours of what could have been sleep writing a paper last night. And then I found out it wasn't due today. I believe I may have reached the rare state of "hysterical killrage".

Time to edit!

EDIT: ▼▼▼ Well there's your problem!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:33:26 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2010, 11:30:40 pm »

Discovered why my computer science project was hanging every time I tried to run the program. The professor omitted a "not" from the documentation of a method I was to write, which was in turn supposed to send a boolean to another method (one which he had already written and thus I wasn't supposed to need to look at too closely) to prevent it from entering an infinite loop.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2010, 11:34:39 pm »

Time to edit!
It is, in fact, not due for several days. I don't even want to look at the paper again untill I must. It's like that guy who's sort-of-in-your-circle-of-friends-but-not-really, and while most of you secretly think you'd all be better off ousting him you'd feel bad about it and I had a metaphor at one point.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »

Time to edit!
It is, in fact, not due for several days. I don't even want to look at the paper again untill I must. It's like that guy who's sort-of-in-your-circle-of-friends-but-not-really, and while most of you secretly think you'd all be better off ousting him you'd feel bad about it and I had a metaphor at one point.
The due date is like the time he forgets to wear pants.

EDIT: To your wedding.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2010, 11:37:22 pm »

Then steal all his pants and hand it in early.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 14, 2010, 12:18:13 am »

You may not believe it now, but you're in a sweet spot. You get to procrastinate for DAYS, before going back for 2 hours to edit your paper for not-suckitude. Seriously, always work ahead of the deadline if you're able. Compared to how I feel working at deadline, being done ahead of time is Shangrila. I can do the things I enjoy doing without feeling guilty about it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 3345