Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3186 3187 [3188] 3189 3190 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692472 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47805 on: December 18, 2014, 06:25:07 am »

I'm not sure why everyone's so scared of North Korea. I'm also not sure why nobody has done anything about it.
You'd end up killing millions of North Koreans and earn their enmity forever. All the Nork propaganda would suddenly be justified as KJU throws his people in front of the freedom bus.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47806 on: December 18, 2014, 08:57:10 am »

I'm not sure why everyone's so scared of North Korea. I'm also not sure why nobody has done anything about it.
You'd end up killing millions of North Koreans and earn their enmity forever. All the Nork propaganda would suddenly be justified as KJU throws his people in front of the freedom bus.
That's politics for ya. Just gotta hide behind (precieved) innocent civilians and you are basically untouchable.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47807 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:27 pm »

"I'm recording something, please go away before this becomes unsalvageable" does not mean "keep talking and making noise". Bloody hell.
Are you recording yourself for PAEDOPHILES iinl? You know the internet is full of predators who are just waiting to get at you! You youths should be like in the old days and meet up with strangers who you met over HAM radio, at least that's safe.

I've seen some TV ads.

Looks like typical over the top action sequence excuse plot fodder to me. Where the protagonist(s) were just going to be cannon fodder but wind up unlikely heroes, blah blah someone the movie editors think of as evil dies.

Same old action movies, I much prefer fantasy for a reason. Nobody ever threatens to blow up a theater where Legend of Korra is playing.
It was meant to be a comedy. So yeah.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47808 on: December 18, 2014, 01:53:11 pm »

They waited until today to inform me that I would only be working 2 days in the next month, coming back on Jan. 20. Up till now, they've been insinuating that'd be only 2 weeks for Christmas/New Year's, and that I'd start workinhg again on Jan. 5. Today would have been the last day, but they instead gave me a lengthy day tomorrow.

It also looks like the bus company is raising its fares for the second time in a few years. I don't see how they deserve it, since the bus driver this morning nearly ran me over. I wasn't even on pavement, and he missed me by inches. I didn't say anything because he's that asshole who drives even more recklessly should anyone dare criticize his driving. I have no idea why he hasn't been fired yet in all this time.

And yes, I am disappointed at my country for how the whole NK hack thing went. Really? We're being pushed around by them like that? Nation, I am disappoint. Maybe I should find a male bald eagle, cut his balls(or whatever birds have) off, and mail them to the White House.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47809 on: December 18, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »

There are no non-waterfowl birds that have external genitalia. If you want to do that kind of surgery you'll probably need to work through the cloaca.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47810 on: December 18, 2014, 03:51:22 pm »

No government is scared of North Korea.  Well, South Korea probably is, and maybe a theoretical NK that has nuclear ICBMs is scary to some leaders, but besides that no.

The thing you have to understand about Kim Jun-un's threats is that their goal is to make him look powerful to his own people.  He doesn't care what the US thinks about his threats.  There's no way he could ever attack a US backed SK, much less the US itself.  The US does have the military power to attack a China backed NK, but it would be a TERRIBLE idea.  China is a nuclear power, and our trading partner, and NK does nothing concrete to hurt the US or its interests.

As for why China keeps supporting them, I'd assume its to have a buffer state for a future scenario where a country tries to invade through SK.  Also the fact that they fought the US to a draw in the Korean War makes them look impressive and giving up now would make them lose face.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47811 on: December 18, 2014, 04:00:15 pm »

I doubt North Korea could take South Korea in a fight. The South has twice the population and 40 times the GDP. Just South Korean military expenditure is as much as North Korea's entire GDP, and the south is only tapping 2.7% of GDP for that. The South could crush the North purely by goading them into an arms race.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47812 on: December 18, 2014, 04:02:09 pm »

There's a ton of WWII-era artillery in NK pointed right at Seoul though... They wouldn't win, but they would do massive damage in what little time they'd have.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47813 on: December 18, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »

Worked 7 hours before my lunch break today, because I had no backup, which I was not informed that I'd be doing. Yup, I was alone during the busiest time of year in retail because my boss didn't want to do it. He's about to get fucking rekt.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47814 on: December 18, 2014, 07:26:12 pm »

There's a ton of WWII-era artillery in NK pointed right at Seoul though... They wouldn't win, but they would do massive damage in what little time they'd have.

There's also the fact that Seoul is right by the border, ~10km iirc, that would make the situation much worse.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47815 on: December 18, 2014, 08:03:02 pm »

Because China finds them amusing as we might find a mentally retarded merman amusing, and doing something against them might piss off China, which since they have 'Murica's nuts in their pocket, they can't afford to do.
That's what it was last time I checked anyway.
Not quite. China doesn't want to share a land border with the U.S. Army. South Korea is still in (and recently renewed, with substantial support) an arrangement where the U.S. has overall strategic command of both U.S. and South Korean forces on the peninsula, so any scenario where the North Korean regime collapsed, was invaded, or willingly accepted reunification would be unacceptable to the PRC. Theoretically China would be favorable to Korean reunification if the U.S. completely withdrew from the peninsula, but that's both unlikely given the current goals of U.S. foreign policy re: China, and even if it weren't, Chinese officials would have no reason to believe U.S. claims. The PRC tolerates the DPRK and maintains their relationship in part because they're a useful buffer zone, and in part because it's generally wise to keep the unstable nuclear power on your border pointed at other people.

Incidentally, the argument that the U.S. can't do anything too aggressive against China or Chinese interests because of the portion of the U.S. national debt they hold... sort of ignores the fact that a substantial amount of their trade is still with the U.S., and collapsing the U.S. economy (ignoring whether that would actually be possible with their current assets) would cause substantial harm to them. That's fundamentally unacceptable to the PRC; the literal foundation of their constitution is to further the economic development of China, which is why the vast majority of their efforts since '89 have been focused on exactly two things: economic development and the pursuit of the One-China policy, which have often gone hand-in-hand (see their relationships in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa).

edit for clarity: That's not to suggest that it wouldn't theoretically be possible in the future, if they managed to sufficiently diversify their export partners (which they are doing), but even then they only hold ~20% of U.S. Treasury securities, and the premise relies on a scenario in which China is willing to accept the sort of international reaction (both political and economic) which would result from such an action, and which could easily harm them at both second- and third-hand, leaving aside actual responses directed at the PRC. Or more simply, I don't buy the China Threat argument on the military side of things, and I don't buy the idea that they would leverage that economic power in such a destructive and provocative manner, for a number of different reasons, the most important of which being that they don't need to upset the international order when it's working in their favor.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:56:19 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #47816 on: December 18, 2014, 09:45:41 pm »

-Redacted, missread-

Edit: Slow internets + large number of new games to download before leaving for the holidays = RAGE!! I'm seriously considering driving to the college despite it being winter break just to take advantage of their internet to download the like 50 GB of games I've recently acquired. /first world problems.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:47:40 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #47817 on: December 19, 2014, 06:44:03 am »

me: "imma 1v1 you m8, ur regulr spearm8 vs my elite spearm8"
easy AI: "ill fook u propa m8 jst try"
me: "OMG HAX Y my elite sperme8 ded OMG HOW"
easy AI: "LOLOLO YA FUK"
me: "ok ur bowm8 wll get rekt fo sure by me vetern swordsm8 i swear on me mon for sure dis tiem"
easy AI: "no u m8"
me: "OMG Y"
easy AI: "top kek"

Fuck Civ III's rng mang.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47818 on: December 19, 2014, 07:21:28 am »

Woke up in a very bad mood. Right now I hate everything about everything. Much rage.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47819 on: December 19, 2014, 07:47:11 am »

Someone decided that all corners in parking lots need stop signs, and despite seeing me, decided to ram right in to my passenger side wheel. No one hurt but my poor van, which I've owned for a week. The wheel was curved in and maybe a 30 degree angle and guy smilie there starts blaming the dry parkinglot for being too slippy and needing more salt, and that there wasn't a stop sign, because you've always been allowed to just shoot out of a row of parking lots in to the main road through the lot. Yup. That's how it works, dontcha know.
The best part for me is that he thinks he's in the right. People who think they're in the right tend to damn themselves by telling the truth.
Pages: 1 ... 3186 3187 [3188] 3189 3190 ... 3345