Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3157 3158 [3159] 3160 3161 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701362 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Final Descanation Edition
« Reply #47370 on: December 08, 2014, 11:15:10 pm »

We watched "You've got mail!" yesterday.
With my mom.
She thought it was a beautiful movie, cried and felt so happy about the main characters.

Then today she found out while perusing her iPad that my sister has a social thingy (can't remember name of specific site) account dedicated to following pop starts and other popular people.
She was outraged at the concept of having an account where you friend or follow people you don't know, and told us, "It could be anyone sending you those pictures, they could be an old man, a pedophile, a murderer, a rapist, a psycopath, an insane person, a drug dealer... Anyone!".

I'm growing tired of the EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET IS OUT TO MURDER MUG RAPE YOU TO DEATH argument.
To be fair, we do plan to kidnap you. :P

But yeah, it's irritating when people use a generalization that broad. It's like saying every human is white and eats McDonalds everyday and just laze about because that's what some other alien told you. In reality, all we want to do is rape your planet and give your offspring chocolate because we're nice intergalactic conquerors.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: HI MOM! Edition
« Reply #47371 on: December 08, 2014, 11:18:13 pm »

Not good chocolate though. We had a bunch of old D-Ration bars laying around, see...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47372 on: December 08, 2014, 11:32:21 pm »

Not good chocolate though. We had a bunch of old D-Ration bars laying around, see...

That's an act of war from where I'm from.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47373 on: December 09, 2014, 12:03:17 am »

That's an act of war from where I'm from.
Send in the anglerfish. Show them no mercy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47374 on: December 09, 2014, 12:42:43 am »

Fucking mosquitoes. No, really. About mid-november enormous quantities of the bastards started showing up all over town, and here too. You'd move an object and five would fly out from behind it. Fortunately none of the are the disease carrying kind. These last days they vanished but today? Today they are back. There were three with me in this tiny room. I managed to smash one and accidentally step on another. The third still taunts me. Mosquito apocalypse has come to town and it is terrible.
Deathsword dislikes mosquitos for their annoying buzz and bloodsucking capabilities.

But yeah. Mosquitos -_-
Granted, they've a very distinct flying shape and pattern...
Have you cleared out any possible habitats of theirs? Or are they migrating from around 3-5km from your area? :X
We watched "You've got mail!" yesterday.
With my mom.
She thought it was a beautiful movie, cried and felt so happy about the main characters.

Then today she found out while perusing her iPad that my sister has a social thingy (can't remember name of specific site) account dedicated to following pop starts and other popular people.
She was outraged at the concept of having an account where you friend or follow people you don't know, and told us, "It could be anyone sending you those pictures, they could be an old man, a pedophile, a murderer, a rapist, a psycopath, an insane person, a drug dealer... Anyone!".

I'm growing tired of the EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET IS OUT TO MURDER MUG RAPE YOU TO DEATH argument.
Overgeneralization sucks. :-\ And by that crude meaning, I mean its not good.
Though I do believe her mindset has become such due to the environment there...most likely? Given the hostilities, the level of paranoia may be reinforced by that ._.
Though in the name of protection, it may become isolation and containment.
I seriously hope that, in that analogy, she knows that there are very distinct signs as to who the person may be? Subtle, yes, but distinct.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:44:55 am by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47375 on: December 09, 2014, 02:03:44 am »

Back in their day, the Internet did not exist

And neither did those people from the Internet, unless you had localized trolling via post it notes or newspaper ads
Huzzah! I doth inquire thee to thy state of agitation, brethren.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:06:43 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #47376 on: December 09, 2014, 02:19:39 am »

And neither did those people from the Internet, unless you had localized trolling via post it notes or newspaper ads
I do say, there is no need to agitate thine jameses.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47377 on: December 09, 2014, 02:49:05 am »

I do say, there is no need to agitate thine jameses.
Who doth bear yon epithet Four Chan, and with what method shall we be able to evade his wrath?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47378 on: December 09, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

Just found out I may have to go take night courses to learn about Quickbooks, for my job.

Not ONLY do I hate night courses, I hate college in general. I've had no desire to go back, for anything, including a job.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47379 on: December 09, 2014, 11:23:10 am »

... and it's about quickbooks? Eesh. I'd say have fun with that, but there's no fun to be had.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47380 on: December 09, 2014, 11:28:06 am »

Yeah. My boss figured since we integrate with Quickbooks, someone here should probably be officially trained on using it. We've limped along for 5 years with a basic understanding....

But frankly, our customer's have book keepers, no CPAs, and I'm really not excited about effectively learning to be a bookkeeper so our customers get to be even lazier about using the software themselves. I fucking hate answering questions like "What are our chart of accounts?"

BITCH, HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW WHAT YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS LOOKS LIKE.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47381 on: December 09, 2014, 11:31:44 am »

Well, look on the bright side. If the course you might get saddled with is anything like the one I did, you won't actually know any of that :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47382 on: December 09, 2014, 11:32:03 am »

Fucking mosquitoes. No, really. About mid-november enormous quantities of the bastards started showing up all over town, and here too. You'd move an object and five would fly out from behind it. Fortunately none of the are the disease carrying kind. These last days they vanished but today? Today they are back. There were three with me in this tiny room. I managed to smash one and accidentally step on another. The third still taunts me. Mosquito apocalypse has come to town and it is terrible.
Deathsword dislikes mosquitos for their annoying buzz and bloodsucking capabilities.

But yeah. Mosquitos -_-
Granted, they've a very distinct flying shape and pattern...
Have you cleared out any possible habitats of theirs? Or are they migrating from around 3-5km from your area? :X
I have no idea where they are coming from, but half the city is infested. While that would make sense if it had rained a lot and had areas with stagnant water, this part of the country is facing a months-long drought, so I don't even know where they could be breeding. The only open-air source of water I can think of is the sewage channel, and from what I know mosquitoes don't like contaminated water too much.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47383 on: December 09, 2014, 11:49:28 am »

Yeah. My boss figured since we integrate with Quickbooks, someone here should probably be officially trained on using it. We've limped along for 5 years with a basic understanding....

But frankly, our customer's have book keepers, no CPAs, and I'm really not excited about effectively learning to be a bookkeeper so our customers get to be even lazier about using the software themselves. I fucking hate answering questions like "What are our chart of accounts?"

BITCH, HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW WHAT YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS LOOKS LIKE.

On the bright side, if I remember my business laws right, they not only need to pay for the course, but pay you for the time to take the course (going off Canadian law mind you, not sure if it's different elsewhere).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47384 on: December 09, 2014, 11:54:10 am »

... yeah, pretty sure that's not quite congruous with down here. Iirc, there's some tax relief for the business so they usually pay for it and count it as time, but I don't recall it being legally required or anything. Functionally required if you don't want people quitting on you, maybe, but not legally.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 3157 3158 [3159] 3160 3161 ... 3345