Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3139 3140 [3141] 3142 3143 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700377 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ascension Edition
« Reply #47100 on: December 02, 2014, 04:08:04 pm »

I finally got a friend to play WoW by offering to buy it for him if he liked it while it was on sale for $5. Unfortunately he waited until last night to download it and then we were going to play it together today with another friend. UNFORTUNATELY, likely because of some new content being released, the servers went down for maintenance last night and we expected it to come back up 11 am today. However, the maintenance was extended to 1 pm and now 3 pm. We only have until midnight to play, because of the sale. (I may buy it beforehand and hang onto it for a bit, though)

I'm getting Maplestory flashbacks...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47101 on: December 02, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »

So why the carp did your mom choose to live with him in the first place if there are that many things wrong with him?
That being said its safe to assume that when a relationship has collapsed like this it didn't START that way.  No one would willingly enter a relationship if they realized it would descend like that.

This is more or less it. He started off pretending to be an incredibly nice guy until he got us to move in with him, then it went south from there.

We wanted to leave shortly after moving in with him, but my mom kept putting it off thinking he would change. Plus when she tried bringing it up with him he would go ballistic and start screaming. Once he even phoned my nan and started screaming at her, blaming her for the fact that my mom wanted to leave and telling her to never come near me or my mom again.

About a year or so later the house we were in had to be sold, since it was the house he and his wife had owned before they had divorced, and a part of finalizing their divorce required it. He assured my mom that things would change once they got a house together, and my mom believed it because she would also own the house, and thought that that would mean she would get a say in things. The only thing that changed is that the amount of debt my mom has went up. It just kept getting harder to leave as time went on. And he kept acting worse as time went on; especially after his own kids left him.

Then he saw the house we are in now, declared that he wanted it, and my mom and him spent a ton of money to have it completely remodeled.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #47102 on: December 02, 2014, 04:15:02 pm »

Yes...because giving a grossly possessive person a stake in your house is a great idea....

Your mum seems to be rather....emmm...foolish.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47103 on: December 02, 2014, 04:46:49 pm »

My mom's boyfriend tried that shit with her too, back in the day. Wanted to get part ownership of the house because he wanted to move him and his two kids in there fulltime, instead of being part-time residents and keeping their own home. I told my mom as a teenager it was a bad idea, and thank god she listened to me, because that whole affair did not end pleasantly.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47104 on: December 02, 2014, 05:25:17 pm »

mastiffs

whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47105 on: December 02, 2014, 05:28:17 pm »

I still think that DOTA 2 is a bad game for the same reasons that fans say "makes it more challenging." The limited and claustrophobic camera view and movement control issues being two of them. I've never gotten hung up on minions in LoL. Can't say the same about DOTA.

I also think Dark Souls is bad game, but that's a different story.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:33:31 pm by AlleeCat »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47106 on: December 02, 2014, 05:29:29 pm »

dang it I thought the steam sale went on a little longer

I guess that's what I get for not checking

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47107 on: December 02, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

I still think that DOTA 2 is a bad game for the same reasons that fans say "makes it more challenging." The limited and claustrophobic camera view and movement control issues being two of them. I've never gotten hung up on minions in LoL. Can't say the same about DOTA.

I also think Dark Souls is bad game, but that's a different story.

1. It's only limited and claustrophobic if you think that League is the standard, which it isn't. It's the same as it was in WC3.
2. Being blocked by creeps is not a movement issue?

Also, goddammit how often do I actually complain about the game itself? I complain about the shitty business practices of the company that makes it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:28:10 pm by Putnam »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47108 on: December 02, 2014, 07:01:13 pm »

I can hear him screaming through my headphones. He was screaming during dinner too. My mom told me to go eat downstairs. Her boyfriend said that I'm "not going fucking anywhere".

Now he's trying to claim $300 an hour. He says that my mom can't show any legal documents to a lawyer because they were already written by his lawyer, and so should be fine. My mom wants all numbers of costs and expenses written out by their lawyers. He says that the numbers he comes up with off of the top of his head are fine. He's trying to put his own expenses and debt onto my mom so that he won't have to pay as much, and will get more in the end. Apparently the only things we are allowed to leave the house with are the things we owned before we met him. He can go get fucked if he thinks he is entitled to anything that my mom or I paid for with our own money.

My mom called him out on being a verbally abusive dick. He claims that all regular people routinely call each-other the same abusive shit he calls people around him, and that they are actually terms of endearment. Because nothing says "I love you" quite like "you are a fucking retard who is a failure in life". He was also called out on the fact that he forgets what he says seconds after words leave his mouth. He said that only idiots pay attention to what they or other people say.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47109 on: December 02, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »

youhavetofightmonsoontwice

DAMN YOOOOOOOOOU
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47110 on: December 02, 2014, 07:07:41 pm »

I can hear him screaming through my headphones. He was screaming during dinner too. My mom told me to go eat downstairs. Her boyfriend said that I'm "not going fucking anywhere".

Now he's trying to claim $300 an hour. He says that my mom can't show any legal documents to a lawyer because they were already written by his lawyer, and so should be fine. My mom wants all numbers of costs and expenses written out by their lawyers. He says that the numbers he comes up with off of the top of his head are fine. He's trying to put his own expenses and debt onto my mom so that he won't have to pay as much, and will get more in the end. Apparently the only things we are allowed to leave the house with are the things we owned before we met him. He can go get fucked if he thinks he is entitled to anything that my mom or I paid for with our own money.

My mom called him out on being a verbally abusive dick. He claims that all regular people routinely call each-other the same abusive shit he calls people around him, and that they are actually terms of endearment. Because nothing says "I love you" quite like "you are a fucking retard who is a failure in life". He was also called out on the fact that he forgets what he says seconds after words leave his mouth. He said that only idiots pay attention to what they or other people say.

He actually thinks all of that are terms of endearment? Either he was abused or he is just being an absolute dick. Having been abused doesn't give you the right to be an absolute dick to others either anyway.

Don't mistake what I said for sympathy as I'm not having any for him.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:13:06 pm by smjjames »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47111 on: December 02, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »

Record him saying/shouting that shit, keep it in case it goes ugly.
Seriously.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47112 on: December 02, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »

Did anyone get the Bay12 white van up and running? I've got the balaclavas.

blazing glory

« Reply #47113 on: December 02, 2014, 07:21:15 pm »

Did anyone get the Bay12 white van up and running? I've got the balaclavas.

Still waiting on the hover boards to mount on it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47114 on: December 02, 2014, 07:24:25 pm »

Don't forget the gas-grenades.

Never forget the gas-grenades.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 3139 3140 [3141] 3142 3143 ... 3345