Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3118 3119 [3120] 3121 3122 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699942 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46785 on: November 23, 2014, 04:17:36 pm »

I hope when the new doom comes out it just drops you in after a fancy cutscene of you showing up. And that's it. No exploring why you're fighting the demons, where they came from. Nothing. Just lets fight the demons and maybe get some incidental cutscenes afterwards.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Super fuckin' eloquent Edition
« Reply #46786 on: November 23, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »

I think that's part of why I loved Turok Evolution so much as a kid. I didn't understand any of the plot, so I ignored it and proceeded to shoot up dinosaurs. Twas fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46787 on: November 23, 2014, 04:25:57 pm »

Whaddya mean FC3 was sort of colonialist? It was literally Great White Hunter: The Game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46788 on: November 23, 2014, 06:03:22 pm »

That's just natural when you can hunt animals. You're going to end up hunting every species of animal to a point where you would drive them to extinction IRL if there's an incentive for it. I was just talking about how the plot is quite "white savior"Ish at points.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46789 on: November 23, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »

That's just natural when you can hunt animals. You're going to end up hunting every species of animal to a point where you would drive them to extinction IRL if there's an incentive for it. I was just talking about how the plot is quite "white savior"Ish at points.

On the other hand, seeing how much of a douche the protagonist was, it almost counts as self-parody.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46791 on: November 23, 2014, 06:25:56 pm »

That's why I like Crysis. It just gives you a suit and a gun and you've gotta kill stuff. No questions asked.
Isn't there also aliens involved somehow?

You still don't have to ask any questions!

"how many bullets do i need to shoot this with so it dies"

there, a question for you

add a mark at your leisure m8
._.
I actually counted it with the different beginning weapons so I can save ammo (hardest difficulty...still won't leave you with empty ammo x3)
Forgot the exact count but using the PSG is...err.
Somehow I just remember that I used the PSG for the whole game with nothing else used >_< [that was fun; punching people doesn't actually count in the 'weapons used' time :P]
Edit: wait that was the second. The first I had to do with whatever was at hand.
Love that cloak + pistol combo.

Also you don't...actually ask questions. Bishop [or whomever your fire team leader is] does it all for you [also a guy named (spoiler){Chico}(/spoiler) if I remember it right].

RAEG: SICKNESS GARH.
ARE YOU FOOD POISONING!? :'(

Also somehow my memory can be really vivid and acute for things not academic (meaning from general knowledge to games to linguistics to...well, most things not discussed in my subjects per semester :'( ) yet...err. Lacking in rote memory field.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:36:41 pm by Tiruin »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46792 on: November 23, 2014, 06:40:27 pm »

Nothing here, move along.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:43:20 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46793 on: November 23, 2014, 06:41:50 pm »

Hey, no raging over things that happened on these forums.

But I know how you feel.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46794 on: November 23, 2014, 06:43:08 pm »

Oh, sorry then.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46795 on: November 23, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »

Yep, see this:
... Which is what FD was talking about, yes.

It's a textbook example of the whole "White man goes to exotic locale, kills all manner of beasts, instantly becomes focal point of 'good' native society, falls in with sexy local woman, solves all local problems by being a white man (typically by shooting/stabbing them better than natives), becomes immersed in local culture and almost instantly is more deeply affected by its mysteries than people who have lived there for generations, &c." It also has other common points, most notably that the vast majority of the significant players are also non-natives.

Your choice whether it was a straight power-fantasy driven along those lines or a parody of it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46796 on: November 23, 2014, 07:24:53 pm »

Oh, my apologies, I was thinking of the TV Tropes version where it's a (Usually British) safari hunter with a pith helmet and an elephant gun along with a mansion filled with animal trophies. I think the devs really wanted to do a parody of that trope as it appears in videogames but failed miserably since they spent too much time acting out the tropes and not subverting them.

The Far Cry team are at least earnest in their attempts at making interesting games. Far Cry 2 may have been a pretty bad game, but it had it's heart in the right place and they studied the subject matter really well. They even went to the African savannah and camped out on an elephant trail. They seem to be getting better, but I hope they aren't banking on the fact Far Cry 3 was popular and end up keeping the whole "great white hunter" thing going forever and ever.

... What am I thinking, they're triple A devs. Bring on the white power fantasies!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:27:19 pm by Fniff »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46797 on: November 23, 2014, 11:27:43 pm »

*punches least favorite students into the sun*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46798 on: November 23, 2014, 11:43:07 pm »

* Descan swirls away into the solar atmosphere!

o h nooooo

mz you betraaaaayed meeee you taught vector your ways!

* Descan ded
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46799 on: November 23, 2014, 11:52:09 pm »

* LordSlowpoke sips photons

ayyyyyyyy
Pages: 1 ... 3118 3119 [3120] 3121 3122 ... 3345