Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3073 3074 [3075] 3076 3077 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699285 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Malum In Se Edition
« Reply #46110 on: November 10, 2014, 06:29:48 pm »

Over here they'd far rather I just call in sick, rather than coming in and infecting the rest of the class.

Then again, college, which tends to be considerably less batshit than highschool.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46111 on: November 10, 2014, 06:30:19 pm »

In 'Murrica, having early dismissal looks better on your record than an absence, because they're dicks about it.
I'm assuming it's a similar situation in Korea.
...your record?
You mean people go back through your attendance and scrutinise it to that level of giving a shit?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46112 on: November 10, 2014, 06:32:44 pm »

In 'Murrica, having early dismissal looks better on your record than an absence, because they're dicks about it.
...your record?
You mean people go back through your attendance and scrutinise it to that level of giving a shit?
...Are you saying they don't there?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46113 on: November 10, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »

...your record?
I guess? School system around here is best described as a wad of shit with piss used as glue. (I am very well aware that urine makes terrible adhesive.)

My mom is the other way around--once, she kept us home because she was solely responsible for assisting my sister and I when getting ready in the morning and didn't feel like doing it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #46114 on: November 10, 2014, 06:36:27 pm »

my mother sends me to school saying I can just get early dismissal because cold
I never did understand this attitude. If my intention in going is to immediately leave then why go in the first place? I mean, being there already gives the school a pretty good argument as to why I am in a good enough state to be there.
i had candy to deliver x.x i insisted on staying home but failed,  just get early dismissal because stick she said Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46115 on: November 10, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

The Global Trade Station on Pokemon has always been so fucking broken. I just looked at the GTS for Pokemon Y, which marks the first time in a year I've played the series online. I wanted to trade something for a Kadabra, but this was all I saw:

"ARCEUS NOW"
"SHINY PLZ"
"GOD OF UNIVERSE FOR THIS GUY HOLDING A SPOON, LIMITED TIME OFFER"
"ARCEUS"
"UNATTAINABLE LEGENDARY OR GTFO"

If people played the game fairly and perhaps even made reasonable requests, that would be nice.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46116 on: November 10, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »

I used it as a factory. Get a female starter, get a male from a friend, start popping out starter babies and trade them for the pokemon I wanted.

I was basically a puppy farmer in the world of pokemon.
I restarted the game so many times to do that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46117 on: November 10, 2014, 07:01:02 pm »

The Global Trade Station on Pokemon has always been so fucking broken. I just looked at the GTS for Pokemon Y, which marks the first time in a year I've played the series online. I wanted to trade something for a Kadabra, but this was all I saw:

"ARCEUS NOW"
"SHINY PLZ"
"GOD OF UNIVERSE FOR THIS GUY HOLDING A SPOON, LIMITED TIME OFFER"
"ARCEUS"
"UNATTAINABLE LEGENDARY OR GTFO"

If people played the game fairly and perhaps even made reasonable requests, that would be nice.
I only ever used that to trade newborn starters for other newborn starters.
Heh, the funniest part is probably that the guys who are offering Froakies for Rayquazas probably don't have Protean Froakies.

They need to make it so you can see the ability of the Pokémon you're trading for to discourage those guys.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46118 on: November 10, 2014, 07:07:36 pm »

I could have stayed home but nooo my mother sends me to school saying I can just get early dismissal because cold. Nope, they toss me some cold medicine and tell me to suck it up. Now I have to sleep on my uncomfortable cold hard desk (cold medicine induces sleep) rather than in my warm soft bed.

Once in school, can't get out of school.
The schools I went to would literally never send anyone home unless they vomited. Coughing? Sneezing? Fever of 109? Nope, best you get is an hour of rest on the crappy brown cot and then it's back to class.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46119 on: November 10, 2014, 07:07:51 pm »

...your record?
...Are you saying they don't there?
I never gave two shits about my attendence while in school and have never heard anyone mention about it ever again either, any records were just to make sure you weren't skipping school which would result parent-teacher meetingto deal with it.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46120 on: November 10, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »

Yeaaah... about the only thing anyone in the US gives even half a shit about in regards to highschool is your GPA and maybe, marginally, your extracurriculars. Absent half the classes? Burnt the freaking school down? No one gives a damn so long as your GPA meets muster and you didn't catch a criminal charge. If anyone tells you someone is going to go back and check your high school records, there is a 95+% chance they are lying to you. The most the vast freaking majority of people are going to do is check GPA and whether you actually graduated. Everything else is pretty much entirely irrelevant.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46121 on: November 10, 2014, 07:32:58 pm »

They might also check if you had any dual enrollment or AP classes. Or just check with the college instead since those are both technically college credit anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46122 on: November 10, 2014, 07:40:14 pm »

Yeah, at least around here they just check with the college. If you're applying to a college or whatever you'll probably have to get high school transcripts, but... pretty much no one looks at them beyond checking you graduated. Folks checking that sort of thing don't have particularly have the time to go over stuff that doesn't really matter to them, y'know?

No one really gives a hoot about high school once you're out of it. All the hullabaloo about doing this or that or any dozen things about high school best practices... almost entirely bullshit. The diploma is important. Your GPA is, maybe, important (generally only for scholarships and maybe grants -- the colleges themselves generally don't give a damn so long as you can pay them. The ones that do, jump in on a cheap community college and blow the GPA out the water there picking up your general education requirements.). Everything else? Barring scholarships with odd requirements (which don't care about anything except the requirements), not in the least.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46123 on: November 10, 2014, 07:51:01 pm »

Here, it's basically your highest level of education. Finished your a-levels? Forget about your GCSEs. Got a degree? No one gives a shit about your a-levels.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46124 on: November 10, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »

Your GPA is, maybe, important (generally only for scholarships and maybe grants -- the colleges themselves generally don't give a damn so long as you can pay them.
I don't know where or when you went to college, but colleges here are so swamped that they can charge tens of thousands of dollars per year and still turn away over half of their applicants.

The point about community colleges is totally true though.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 3073 3074 [3075] 3076 3077 ... 3345