Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2971 2972 [2973] 2974 2975 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696255 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44580 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »

I don't know where you live, but you'd probably enjoy living in a beachside community Antsan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44581 on: October 14, 2014, 02:01:14 pm »

Get water moccasins and sic them on the security people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44582 on: October 14, 2014, 02:15:37 pm »

He clearly thought you were homeless. Probably jumping the gun on his part but.....seriously? You went to a public shopping area with no shoes? What did you expect would happen? "No shirt, no shoes, no service" has been posted at every gas station and shopping center for decades.
Yeah, most shops won't want you in without shoes. Same reason they don't want you turning up in pyjamas or a gimp suit or whatever.

...I think that means that most American shops would evaluate most of my neighbours from last year as 'homeless'. And a lot of the people living within five minutes walk of me now. Around here, people are quite happy to roam the streets in pyjamas and slippers if it's earlier than about ten in the morning.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44583 on: October 14, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

He clearly thought you were homeless. Probably jumping the gun on his part but.....seriously? You went to a public shopping area with no shoes? What did you expect would happen? "No shirt, no shoes, no service" has been posted at every gas station and shopping center for decades.
Yeah, most shops won't want you in without shoes. Same reason they don't want you turning up in pyjamas or a gimp suit or whatever.
...I think that means that most American shops would evaluate most of my neighbours from last year as 'homeless'. And a lot of the people living within five minutes walk of me now. Around here, people are quite happy to roam the streets in pyjamas and slippers if it's earlier than about ten in the morning.
I'm not American. Honestly I think that shops in the US are still pretty lax about that kind of thing. People going out in attire completely inappropriate to be out in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44584 on: October 14, 2014, 02:49:09 pm »

I'm not American. Honestly I think that shops in the US are still pretty lax about that kind of thing. People going out in attire completely inappropriate to be out in.

Where I come from, if you walk around with no shoes, you quickly end up with no toes.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44585 on: October 14, 2014, 03:10:51 pm »

Where I come from, if you walk around with no shoes, you quickly end up with no toes.
Why's that?

If you live on the coast in Americaland walking around with no shoes isn't a big deal but if you're going to go inside a place with food in it I'm sure everyone would appreciate the bottoms of your feet being covered. Mall floors are gross though, I know I'd notice someone walking around inside without shoes because I personally find that yucky and wouldn't do it but I don't think I'd be upset about it. IMO it's just a question of hygiene. Walking in public places with no shoes is kind of gross for the person doing it. People track stuff around and getting that on your skin is why people wear shoes. I dunno how many feets you've seen but most people have gross feets.

But of course that's not the point in this case, point is they insinuated that you were homeless because you weren't wearing shoes which is fucked up. Uncool. >_>

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44586 on: October 14, 2014, 03:12:45 pm »

Why's that?

*points to Arcvasti's location*

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #44587 on: October 14, 2014, 03:16:09 pm »

Maple syrup!

I knew it! I don't know how this stuff makes you loose unprotected toes but I KNEW IT! This thing is of the Devil!

...ah, sorry, this isn't bad jokes thread?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44588 on: October 14, 2014, 03:28:27 pm »

The concept of people not wearing shoes is alien to me. In fact, were I to be in a position where all of my shoes spontaneously combusted I would sooner call and demand a friend's shoes out of desperation than buy a shoe, shoeless.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44589 on: October 14, 2014, 04:11:06 pm »

I used to go about shoeless all the time, now I rarely leave bed without shoes on.
Not sure what changed, really. I miss having tough calloused feet and being able to go for runs barefoot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44590 on: October 14, 2014, 04:13:51 pm »

I went shoeless around the house a lot, for a while. Have mostly stopped, at this point.

I know exactly what changed, though. One of the older house residents urinal aim became worse. Barefoot, no longer.

Do kinda' like being barefoot when it's leaning towards chilly. Makes warming up under blankets that much more meaningful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44591 on: October 14, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »

Well, if I was going a long way from my home (and toilet), yeah I wouldn't go barefoot. :P
Urinating in public is one thing, but going number two would be a problem. In fact travelling further from my home with more regularity could be one of the reasons I stopped going places barefoot, I dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Foot is afoot Edition
« Reply #44592 on: October 14, 2014, 06:41:30 pm »

Pajamas & Slippers != barefoot.

For the record, I think feet are nasty. They smell. They have bunions, boils, blisters and fungus. I don't want to share someone else's feet in public. I love being barefoot, personally. But I have respect for others. It actually really pisses me off when someone is like "WHAT?!?!" when they're obviously violating social mores, because "that's how they like to be." I'm all about doing what you enjoy. As long as you're not fucking it up for everyone else. Same shit happened at work. This complete and total hipster who likes to roll his pants up to his knees for some reason constantly was walking through the whole building barefoot. Mind you, this is a former heavy industrial shop converted into a white collar business. So the floors are covered in filth. There's cracked pavement and flooring everywhere. Nails. Broken glass. Bugs. Bats. Rats. It's not the kind of place you'd NORMALLY not wear shoes.

Hell, I got yelled at for not wearing my shoes when I worked at the University, because I'd take them off after sitting at a cubicle for 6 hours and forget to put them back on. It's not like I haven't done it. But I've learned my lesson.

So yeah. Enjoy being barefoot. But respect that the world isn't your house.

Up until now I never had problems going shopping without them and I have actually never see a sign "No shirt, no shoes, no service"

They probably stop putting them up because they assumed it was widely understood.......
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:49:12 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44593 on: October 14, 2014, 06:48:07 pm »

You people are still talking about feet? Really? Why not talk about hands? hands are wonderful, they pick up things, they good for typing and playing dwarf fortress, they keep you company during long lonely nights. Hands are FABULOUS!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44594 on: October 14, 2014, 07:09:12 pm »

I wear vibrams around so i can get close enough of going bearfoot without touching the disgusting ground
Pages: 1 ... 2971 2972 [2973] 2974 2975 ... 3345