Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2954 2955 [2956] 2957 2958 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698902 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44325 on: October 09, 2014, 11:50:04 pm »

I guess two out of four correct descriptions is still decent as far as shoehorning clichéd phrases go.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44326 on: October 09, 2014, 11:52:34 pm »

I fucking hate procrastinating.
"Oh, all I've got for homework is this essay, but it's due close to the end of the week. I can wait a while."
*this morning, I check my planner*

Due date: October 9th

* IronTomato 's glasses crack and he sheds a single tear of blood
This is also making me rage.
Oct 9th essay buddies!
So, I managed to get in contact with someone from robotics.  They are on a different team, but should be able to inform my team (We have three different teams there for the little bot competition, we all meet at the same place and form one big team for the big bot competition). So that rage isn't... as bad, and I might be able to go after I finish the SAT for a short while, since it is at the same school.
But new rage- Because of my essay, I wasn't able to get my stats homework done. In addition I've been getting bad headaches recently.  Not quite at the level of migraines, but they are worse then I've been having for years.  So I go to school forty minutes early, which gives me more then enough time to finish it and then start studying for my chemistry test, right?  Wrong.  I enter, go to the cafeteria, and some teacher asks me what I'm doing.  I explain that I'm a late arrival student, and decided to come to school early so I could do my homework.  He then demands that I go to an assembly in the auditorium, threatening to turn me in for skipping, since they announced that meeting yesterday during third period (Oh, you mean the period I DON'T have because I'm late arrival?).  So I'm forced to go there, and instead of being something even remotely important it is just them reviewing chants to use during the homecoming game (Which, by the way, I doubt we'll win since the most our team has won during my time in high school is two games in a season).  So there is lots of yelling and stuff, which makes the headache I've had for the past few hours go from something I can ignore to something that makes me want to punch someone in the face if they so much as whisper, let alone yell.  I'm forced to put up with a whole hour of that, I try to leave but another teacher tries to threaten me with skipping (Excuse me for trying to get my schoolwork done). I try to do my schoolwork in those chairs they have there, but between my headache, the lack of room, and the people yelling at the top of their lungs right in my ear I'm not able to actually do anything. 
Oh, and instead of shortening our classes like they normally do for this sort of thing, they decide to just move all the classes up and get rid of seventh period, so instead of getting out at 2:20 I get out at 3:15.  Which is kind of a problem, because my English class at the nearby college starts at 3:05.  So I'm forced to actually skip my last class, because if I'm late for my English class then I can't turn in my essay, which I've spent the entire past several days working on, and is worth 20% of my grade.  Thankfully my last class is NJROTC, and since we are seniors we just hang out in a seperate room in the back, so they probably didn't notice that I left. 
All I want is to get an education, because I like actually knowing things.  But to do that I have to actively work against the school system, because all they want is for you to raise several set numbers for them. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:54:15 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #44327 on: October 10, 2014, 12:02:21 am »

That is a horribly counterproductive system. How do they even justify forcing assembly attendance?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44328 on: October 10, 2014, 01:36:03 am »

Looks like I'll be spending the rest of the morning in this Home Affairs queue. At least it's moved a little bit.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44329 on: October 10, 2014, 01:40:42 am »

I fucking hate procrastinating.
"Oh, all I've got for homework is this essay, but it's due close to the end of the week. I can wait a while."
*this morning, I check my planner*

Due date: October 9th

* IronTomato 's glasses crack and he sheds a single tear of blood

This is also making me rage.
Heh, I did this too.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44330 on: October 10, 2014, 02:14:41 am »

I remember before junior year of high school I had a summer assignment where I had to read a book and summarize it

I chose 1984 primarily because I hadn't done it all summer and it was the last day

passed the assignment, failed the class

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44331 on: October 10, 2014, 03:37:52 am »

Small child singing the song that irritates people. Whyyy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44332 on: October 10, 2014, 03:51:19 am »

Look at all this teetotalism.

Being sober bro at a rowdy hockey game has taught me one thing.

Drunk people CAN BE FUCKING DUMB

....Still won't stop me from being fucking dumb at the next party....

Teetotalitarianism? :P

I drink, but I don't get drunk beyond 'buzzed' level. Because I'd rather not get drunk at all, if possible, I hate that feeling of... I 'unno, dizziness?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #44333 on: October 10, 2014, 04:50:10 am »

My highschool had assemblies once per week. (Or was it twice? I forget.) They were compulsory, but never overlapped with classes or anything, so it wasn't particularly counterproductive. It was also easy to get out of going - even unexplained absences would yeild at worst a strongly-worded warning.
The subject matter addressed therein ranged from mundane to ridiculous. Overall, I think they were pretty terrible. I don't miss it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44334 on: October 10, 2014, 05:37:01 am »

Writing essays ugufdaghiughuahgu

Not only are there so many, my largest interest is in programming but I probably shouldn't write 3 out of 4 essays for a given school on the subject :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44335 on: October 10, 2014, 05:40:55 am »

Hate. Let me tell you about hate...

OK now, Harlan, go away.

There's a guy on my university course who I vehemently despise - for a variety of related reason, under the general umbrella of being a pathological liar (and relying on shock value), a half-baked manipulator and, as I've found a confirmation for my long-standing suspicion, a wannabe pickup artist, negs and all of that crap. I'd say he's a psychopath, but he doesn't quite fit the bill. Narcissist, perhaps, but I hardly have a way to check.

And of course most of the people think he's a cool guy. And that's even while being aware of the above. Fucking people, how do they work?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44336 on: October 10, 2014, 06:28:32 am »

Hate. Let me tell you about hate...

OK now, Harlan, go away.

There's a guy on my university course who I vehemently despise - for a variety of related reason, under the general umbrella of being a pathological liar (and relying on shock value), a half-baked manipulator and, as I've found a confirmation for my long-standing suspicion, a wannabe pickup artist, negs and all of that crap. I'd say he's a psychopath, but he doesn't quite fit the bill. Narcissist, perhaps, but I hardly have a way to check.

And of course most of the people think he's a cool guy. And that's even while being aware of the above. Fucking people, how do they work?

An xkcd comic for every occasion!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44337 on: October 10, 2014, 06:41:09 am »

Quote from: Google result summary
WileyPLUS - accessible, affordable, active learning. United States flag
Sounds pretty terrible.
Hahaha, I spent a college semester tutoring people (on behalf of the campus) struggling with that goddamn website/program, along with like, taking three or so classes that was used in. Mostly in accounting.

It's kinda' fun. It'll fail people for screwing up capitalization or order on exercises where capitalization and order don't actually matter in practice, and that's just the start of its many and varied failings. Half the time tutoring consisted of helping people figure out how the hell wiley wanted them to format stuff instead of anything related to the actual course material. There was much guessing involved, because the piece of shit wasn't frakking consistent.

And that's just failings as a teaching tool -- it's technical failings as a website are an entirely different set of "fuck you". Occasionally screwing up, disconnecting the student, and wiping clean what could have been an hour or better worth of work (sometimes when they try to save the bloody thing?)? Oh yes.

Suffice it to say, it's on the list of bits of software that have creators that need to be dragged out into the street and shot. I saw actual tears because of that freaking thing.

All that said, if you could actually get through all the wiley assignments, anything else the classes in question could throw at you was pretty much cake. Its assignments were (needlessly) longer, more pedantic, more difficult (and not the good sort difficult, mind), and less clearly defined, than anything else you'd do in class.

Haha, but seriously, I speak in concordance with anyone and everyone that's actually been exposed to wiley when I say: Fuck wiley.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44338 on: October 10, 2014, 06:52:38 am »

Just as I leave the store to get change, the bus drives by. The bus I happen to need. It's either 30 minutes late, or 30 minutes early. If the latter, or the former and the latter one never shows anyway, I'll be making an angry phone call to the bus company.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44339 on: October 10, 2014, 07:04:45 am »

My english teacher gave our class the glorious exercise to write 170 english words into a booklet,over the course of 17 weeks.. Every time you hear a word in class that you dont know, you write it down and then research the translation. For newcomers, probably pretty nice. For people allready fairly good with english words? Oh boy.

I've explained to him, that in now 13 weeks, I have around 10 words. He does not believe me, accuses me of not paying attention.

So I started just writing words I allready knew, just to get him to shut his mouth. He scraps the thing because he noticed me writing stuff that I obviously knew beforehand (I swear, I think that guy makes notes on me during class). So finally, I went to freaking Wikipedia and started searching for more complicated and technical terms. He scraps it yet again, because he noticed some of them never appeared in class.

I honest to god tore the booklet in half in class and told him he could go bugger himself, as far as I'm concerned. I tried to argue the warning I received from the Direx, because I was the ONLY one in class getting the "You're gonna do extra work because I dont like you."-treatment. But of course, neither the teach nor the rest of the class says anything in my favor. My classmates find the fact that the "english nerd" has to do thrice the work hillarious.

I'm entertaining the thought of calling school services on this moron. And maybe drop a hint or two to our Security on who in my class carriesdrugs around. Because FUCK those guys.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 2954 2955 [2956] 2957 2958 ... 3345