Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699733 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44220 on: October 07, 2014, 08:18:57 pm »

Beats me. But my parent's have decided that I did it, so there's no changing it.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44221 on: October 07, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »

I actually get annoyed when I hear people complain about their classes. "Why do we have to do this? It's not like I'm ever going to need to use math after I finish my Liberal Arts program!"

Have fun going broke because you don't know how to manage your finances. Or have fun going broke because you have a Liberal Arts major.

Oi. If you take a Liberal Arts major without the intent to pursue graduate and post-graduate education, you're a chump. The same if your university's program is some sort of crap that just sticks you in a bunch of humanities classes. Don't lump people like that in with everyone else; most of the folks I know took it because it offers a way to build a specialized degree that feeds into a specific graduate program, since it works more like a double major that isn't a pain in the ass to manage than whatever STEM majors like to joke about.

Besides, everyone knows that the party-people who're going to leave after four years or drop out sooner are all business majors. :V

All that aside, personal finances aren't maths that someone should have to pay to be taught, or that should be put off until adulthood to learn. If you're still relying on family to do your taxes and manage your bank account when you're in your twenties, with no extenuating circumstances, that's a personal problem, same as with the guys that call their girlfriends over to help them work the laundry machines.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44222 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:59 pm »

I have a small, extremely painful pimple in a fold of my ear, and I can neither get at it with my fingernail nor compress the ear-flesh around it to get rid of it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44223 on: October 07, 2014, 10:19:30 pm »

I have a small, extremely painful pimple in a fold of my ear, and I can neither get at it with my fingernail nor compress the ear-flesh around it to get rid of it.
If it needs draining at all you could slice it open with a razor.

Anyway, I rage today because of assholes and the people who try to justify them because they're too weak to take action.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44224 on: October 07, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »

Stab it with a needle. Or two.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #44225 on: October 08, 2014, 06:24:14 am »

GAHHHH MY SKYRIM MODLIST THAT TOOK 10 HOURS TO MAKE IS BROKEN AND NO ONE WILL EVEN TRY TO HELP ME DESPITE REPEATED CRIES FOR SAID HELP ARGHHHHHHH

Yeah, FUCK this new version of Immersive Armors, and FUCK the guy who supposedly patched it to work with Skyre. Asshole needs to learn to write motherfucking readme's.

But seriously, could someone AT FUCKING LEAST tell me how to disable Papyrus Logging? Is that so goddamn unreasonable Skyrim thread? I get that you have a lot of lore to obsess over, but when someone is waving their hands around asking for help doing something HE KNOWS AT LEAST SOME OF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO, its kinda a dick move to totally ignore him for 3 pages.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44226 on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:41 am »

No forum drama pls
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44227 on: October 08, 2014, 10:46:05 am »

Sounds like the Blade characters special attack (the invunra-dash attack) could be useful.
This is a blank sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44228 on: October 08, 2014, 10:47:31 am »

Well, one of broforce's new bosses is literally impossible on hard difficulty.

After a while he starts sending out missiles that drop from the top of the screen. Not too hard, right?

Well, it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the fact that half my screen was red from markers and lines showing where they'll hit and the rest of the screen was rapidly filling up. It'd be possible but hard if it weren't for that. It's literally impossible to dodge that many coming down at once because to dodge one you have to jump into another missile which means to dodge THAT you have to jump into another missile and so on and so forth. It's absolute bullshit. I was near to killing it by making it fall off the bottom of the map, too. But nope. Fucking missile spam.
You can't shoot the missiles?

GAHHHH MY SKYRIM MODLIST THAT TOOK 10 HOURS TO MAKE IS BROKEN AND NO ONE WILL EVEN TRY TO HELP ME DESPITE REPEATED CRIES FOR SAID HELP ARGHHHHHHH

Yeah, FUCK this new version of Immersive Armors, and FUCK the guy who supposedly patched it to work with Skyre. Asshole needs to learn to write motherfucking readme's.

But seriously, could someone AT FUCKING LEAST tell me how to disable Papyrus Logging? Is that so goddamn unreasonable Skyrim thread? I get that you have a lot of lore to obsess over, but when someone is waving their hands around asking for help doing something HE KNOWS AT LEAST SOME OF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO, its kinda a dick move to totally ignore him for 3 pages.
PM someone..?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44229 on: October 08, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »

This opened my mind to maths more than any other thing I was ever taught.
...why?
Imagine for a moment that your entire education in mathematics has been rote formula without really considering the underpinnings of the entire system. That no one had bothered to phrase it in a manner that let you understand a very simple concept that had eluded you, and made maths seem far more complicated than it ever had to be because you couldn't quite picture in your mind what you were really doing.

Now imagine you stumble on a video that in 10 minutes strips away all of the bullshit you've ever built up in your mind.

Then please ask me why.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44230 on: October 08, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »

If... if you're going to ask, then... sure?

Why?

Can dig that sort of ah-ha! moment, though. I don't think it actually hit me until after I had stopped needing (and long past wanting) to take mathematics related classes (the accounting came later, and I... don't really consider the fields related, honestly. Math is talking about numbers, accounting is numbers talking about stuff. Or something.), and I think the only time I've seen mathematics expressed in that sort of way in a classroom setting was... I think an epistemology class, in relation to language? Something like that, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:11:36 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44231 on: October 08, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »

This opened my mind to maths more than any other thing I was ever taught.
...why?
Imagine for a moment that your entire education in mathematics has been rote formula without really considering the underpinnings of the entire system. That no one had bothered to phrase it in a manner that let you understand a very simple concept that had eluded you, and made maths seem far more complicated than it ever had to be because you couldn't quite picture in your mind what you were really doing.

Now imagine you stumble on a video that in 10 minutes strips away all of the bullshit you've ever built up in your mind.

Then please ask me why.
That's a lot to ask, that would require rewriting probably more than would be left alone.
Not to mention that given your tone, that is exactly your situation. So rather than asking why, I would be passive-aggressively taking a dig at someone for the crime of not immediately understanding me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44232 on: October 08, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

Honestly, I found the video to be less than enlightening. In fact, I didn't learn anything from it. ViHart is usually at least entertaining while she's educating, but this missed the mark by so far on both counts that I didn't make it through the entire video. This video committed the #1 cardinal sin of videos: it was incredibly boring.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44233 on: October 08, 2014, 01:23:19 pm »

Honestly, I found the video to be less than enlightening. In fact, I didn't learn anything from it. ViHart is usually at least entertaining while she's educating, but this missed the mark by so far on both counts that I didn't make it through the entire video. This video committed the #1 cardinal sin of videos: it was incredibly boring.

Huh. I actually quite enjoyed it, and I don't normally care much for maths.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44234 on: October 08, 2014, 01:52:34 pm »

With the discussion on math, I think this year is going to be very boring in that department. As far as I can see, the chapter on trigonometry is going to be very boring and not involve other areas of math at all. Last year was pretty good in that regard, with some pretty hard excercises that I sort of even enjoyed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 3345