Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699157 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

But your home doesn't have internet.

THEREFORE HOME IS USELESS STAY WITH US FOREVER
I WOULD BUT THE LIBRARY CLOSES IN...

*Checks*

LESS THAN 40 MINUTES
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

BUY LIBRARY

ACQUIRE NEW HOME
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

BUY LIBRARY

ACQUIRE NEW HOME
WILL TRY

MAY BE A WHILE

I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON PROGRESS
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

BUYING IS FOR LOSERS
COOL DUDES STEAL STUFF NOW
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Enough with the all caps please.

-----------

Steam's new curation system is fucking worthless.

I spent probably an hour yesterday doing what I said I wouldn't do: essentially feeding Steam likes and dislikes so they can pump more marketing information at developers.

But whatever, the goal was to prune a bunch of stupid shit from my queue.

And it doesn't even work. Shit I've said "Not interested" about still shows everywhere: in my queues, in the "featured" section, in the large chunk of genre recommendations and worst of all, in the large banner ad I used to cycle through to get a sense of what's coming out or what's doing well.

No, I'm lying. What's "worst of all" is that Steam keeps shoveling these cheap fucking games with horrible fucking anime artwork at me, the ones I've said "NOT BLOODY FUCKING INTERESTED YOU FUCKS" at least 3 times to. "Recommended for me", my ass. What in my library gives you the impression I crave 16-year-old anime art work grafted to fucking RPG-Maker? What the fuck makes something recommended for me anyways? That there's a fucking sword in the game? That someone shoots a gun? That it has the "fantasy" tag? Goddamnit, if the recommendations are going to be this worthless, stick them somewhere else on the store page, and set me back to the old banner ads.

The only thing their new curation system has done for my user experience is enlighten me to how much shit there is on Steam, and how randomly browsing in the nether-dark cracks of Steam's ass for a game to play has almost never yielded a buy I felt good about. I'd like to shed a tear for every indie developer with a decent game that can't rise above the signal/noise ratio. But there may not be enough tears on Earth for that to be possible. All Steam has really done is turned their catalog from a reasonably ordered, front-loaded library.....to a shotgun blast of entertainment wedged in every fucking corner of the store page. I used to think it was approaching overkill before. Now, I don't even know where to look, especially since the biggest and most notable part of the UI when you open Steam is now dominated by garbage you'd never have looked for before, and now you can't seem to get rid of. HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I DON'T WANT TORCHLIGHT BEFORE YOU QUIT RECOMMENDING IT TO ME.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:49:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Eh. I like curation. What you're thinking of is Discovery. It's...Bleh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

But then, ITS STEAM. The people who had fuck-all customer support a few years back and expected you to have highspeed internet. And fuck you if in a fit of rage you forgot the password to the account with the band-spanking-new $80 game on it. They just wouldn't have fucking helped you.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unrelated: Plumber showed up today to fix my toilet while I was at lunch. Landlord tells me it's all sorted, routine stuff.

I come home and clean the toilet because it was nasty. I flush and.....my socks start getting wet. Water is leaking through the brand new seal they put down a little over a month ago.

How can there be so much bullshit contained in such a small area? At least the spiders have well and truly fucked off, although fuck if I don't expect them back at any moment. I'm wondering what else this place has to offer in terms of home-owner fuck you's. Maybe I'm slowly being poisoned by carbon monoxide living in the basement, or whatever gas tends to well up in basements. Maybe there's asbestos. Maybe this house was built on an ancient indian burial ground of a tribe that held spiders as a totem animal. Maybe that water I heard during the last torrential downpour we had is building up behind the walls, waiting to burst through and drown me in my sleep.

Goddamn. I'd almost take a tiny apartment where fewer things can be wrong over this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:24:59 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where was the seal?
Highly Opinionated Fool

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where was the seal?

It's an epoxy resin that sits between the floor of the bathroom and the base of the toilet. Then there's also a large rubber grommet underneath the toilet, that forms a seal between the toilet and the hole in the floor where all the badness goes. (I know all this because I got to study it in intimate detail for several weeks while my bathroom was torn up.)  It's supposed to be water tight. It's not even fucking close to it.

This will make the 4th time this plumber has been to this house in 2 months. Now, there's a chance I'm just a nexus of problems, but I've never destroyed a house's infrastructure like this in this short of time. If you own a home, and there's parts of you don't go into very often....do yourself a favor, go into them, turn on the lights, run the water, flush the toilets and listen to your damn house when it's telling you there are problems. There were about, oh, 15 tell-tale signs there was something wrong before I ever stepped foot in this house, and started living in the portion that no one has lived in for 8 years probably.

Meanwhile, my roommate upstairs, living in the part of the house that was constantly occupied, has had zero issues. I've lived in this house about 5 months now and I've had a fully functioning bathroom for probably half that time.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:33:15 pm by nenjin »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Water Go Down The Hole Edition
« Reply #44170 on: October 06, 2014, 06:51:39 pm »

Those ones?

Why would water leaking from there go onto your floor and not down the hole?
By hole I mean the hole in the floor that allows the pipes to go thru.

I mean, it sounds like one of the gaskets on the tank is acting up, but I dunno, Im not a plumber.
Highly Opinionated Fool

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Water Go Down The Hole Edition
« Reply #44171 on: October 06, 2014, 07:03:30 pm »

Well, this exact same problem happened before, which was the reason my whole bathroom got torn up. I flushed, noticed water leaking from under the toilet, called the plumbers. (Which then turned into a whole thing as it revealed other problems.)

They said the water leaking through the seal was because the floor and supports under the toilet had weakened (rotted), causing the toilet to sink into a depression in the floor (which it was.) This cracked and broke the original seal, which allowed water to flow under the toilet and on to the floor. So they tore up the floor, put in new supports, got the toilet seated level, put new flooring on, put the toilet on and sealed it.

But since the same thing is happening again, I don't fucking know anymore. The plumber said he upped the amount of water going into the bowl, to help it flush with more force to prevent future clogs. So maybe there's too much water flushing now and it's over flowing somewhere inside the toilet, leaking out to the floor and creeping out under the (poorly done I guess) seal. I'm not a plumber either. But I do know that this is all BS and neither I nor my landlord should be paying a dime on this. 3 fucking people have looked at this toilet now a total of 6 times, so there's no fucking excuse for no one catching whatever the problem is here. And it worked perfectly well from the time the work was finished until this dude (who has been the same dude through every single visit) touched it. And all he did was snake the drain, and increase how much water is flowing to it. And all I did was flush it three times in a 4 minute period.

All I can say is, I'm glad I haven't paid a dime on this bathroom. Because all told, it and all its associated problems have already run my landlord close to a grand or more, after insurance. And like I said, I've only been here 5 months.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:10:45 pm by nenjin »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44172 on: October 06, 2014, 07:09:06 pm »

Perhaps by water tight it means as tight as water!
Ba-Dum-Tush.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroburous Edition
« Reply #44173 on: October 06, 2014, 07:40:41 pm »

Credit to my landlord for the better thread title.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroburous Edition
« Reply #44174 on: October 06, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »

... that may be one of the most witty bits of toilet humor I have ever seen, actually. Credit indeed.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 ... 3345