Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697228 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: TPS Reports Edition
« Reply #43980 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:55 pm »

Don't bite the hand that feeds you...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43981 on: October 01, 2014, 09:51:38 pm »

Collective Ass Cactus.
Put that shit on a t-shirt.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43982 on: October 01, 2014, 10:00:24 pm »

Bond is different from loan, mostly. I think. I can't quite remember what the difference is, but they're generally treated as different things. Both are debit vehicles, but not the same sort of one. It's either that or having something to do with the bank part of it, I guess.

P. sure it's the loan/bond thing, though. Forget the reasoning behind having them different, too, but I imagine something that sounds suspiciously like "tax evasion" is involved. Or... well, there's another word for it, that's, y'know, taking advantage of legal tax loopholes that have been very obviously bribed into existence and whatnot. The legal sibling of tax evasion, whatever it's called. Accountants have a word for it, which I'm currently too drugged/in pain to remember.

E: Though even without those bits, it is kinda' important to treat plain loans and bonds as different. Selling/transferring them, along with a bunch of other stuff, is not the same process. Different bookkeeping, among other junk.
Oh, I know they're different, I just don't understand what difference is relevant in this particular way. I could understand if the situation were reversed, incidentally - if a bond were not a commercial activity and a loan were. The issue is over whether or not state immunity to lawsuits applies, and evidently it applies if a nation takes out a loan but doesn't apply if it issues a bond, even though the one's a negotiated legal contract and the other's a risky financial instrument, and they're both issues of state debt. It's batshit!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43983 on: October 01, 2014, 10:04:28 pm »

Don't bite the hand that feeds you...
I'm not saying it's a good idea. That's just how I would (probably) react.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43984 on: October 01, 2014, 10:22:04 pm »

Collective Ass Cactus.
Put that shit on a t-shirt.
BRB, forming an indie southern rock ska hardcore band and naming it Collective Ass Cactus, then marketing a shirt with the band name.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43985 on: October 01, 2014, 10:42:59 pm »

You must give me 10% of the proceeds for the right to use my intellectual property.

In other news, AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH WISDOM TEEEEEETTTHHHHH AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH
* II rigs up a fire hose to pump painkillers into his mouth.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43986 on: October 01, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »

Ohey, welcome to my world. You get them all out in one go, or in sets?

I've almost stopped bleeding from my second (and last, praise Buddallah) set! Last few days have been fucking miserable. Next few days will probably be fucking miserable, too, but *shrugs*

On the other hand, I have a better understanding of why people turn to opiates, now. I wish I didn't, and for all they make the pain go away for a few hours they're pretty damned unpleasant, but I do.

Though yes. The protip: If the bleeding takes notably long to stop: Teabag your gumline. Like. Actual teabag, bite down. Helps clotting! Or something. Tastes freakishly horrible, because tea and blood are flavors that do not goddamn mix, but it works.

Also applesauce. Applesauce is very easy to eat when you have to keep gauze in and largely can't chew. Best is fairly large container, not that pissant tiny cup bullshit -- you can just drink it straight from the container that way. frumple has consumed roughly three pounds of applesauce since monday I would really like to be able to fucking chew without bleeding all over everything
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43987 on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:41 pm »

Just my bottom teeth at the moment. They're alternating up/down down/up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43988 on: October 01, 2014, 11:21:27 pm »

* Sirus sends the people who are experiencing the joys of wisdom teeth removal some Sympathy Points
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #43989 on: October 01, 2014, 11:28:45 pm »

Why does it feel like I have so little time anymore even though I'm only in classes for 2 or so hours most days (excepting Mondays and Wednesdays). I have about as much if not more time than I did over the summer, since I'm not sleeping 12 or more hours every night, but I feel like I have so little time. Argh.

College is a lot better than high school, but this is a weird effect.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #43990 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:18 am »

In other news, AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH WISDOM TEEEEEETTTHHHHH AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH
Hunh, other than the original numbing I never used any painkillers myself. Took forever for it to stop bleeding (ended up doing the tea bag thing for a fair number of hours before it stopped), but after that it mainly just felt like my jaw was really, really sore and it hurt to open it (part of which may have been it actually being sore from me biting down on tea bags for several hours).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43991 on: October 02, 2014, 01:54:36 pm »

Just a very long day today. I apparently lost the hat that's part of my uniform(I think I know where it is though).  My foot started hurting walking to the bus stop. Bus became very crowded. My supervisor wanted me to take a very early lunch break, and a short one at that. She ended up just wanting me to take an early break, but then I had to end it early anyway, because there was a problem with the soda dispenser that originally seemed like it would require an actual technician to fix. Except that the technician couldn't figure it out, which was the CO2 injector kept rapid-firing for some reason. As he was suggestion just shutting off the machine and calling Coca-Cola to deal with the problem, I somehow fix it by placing a fresh load of the soda syrup into it. I still don't know how this made sense, since there was another flavor we were out of and had nothing to replace it with, and I had disconnected both empty ones after the problem started.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43992 on: October 02, 2014, 05:22:56 pm »

Most of BlackFlyme's immediate relatives are batshit crazy as far as I can tell.
I probably would have told them to shove a cactus up their collective nether regions long ago, were I in his shoes.

As Cards Against Humanity recently elucidated, child abuse is the gift that keeps on giving.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43993 on: October 02, 2014, 05:26:04 pm »

Hey, point that my way, willya?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43994 on: October 02, 2014, 06:07:13 pm »

Ah, university, how I love your organizational fuckups. According to my schedule generated by the university system, I have three classes total. Except the latter two are actually not there, and the first one takes place in an unknown hall, and in which might or might not be the wrong building. And if it is, it's off by a couple kilometers, because it'd be on another campus altogether.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 ... 3345