Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2866 2867 [2868] 2869 2870 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689385 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Now in Techniu Coloru Edition
« Reply #43005 on: September 10, 2014, 04:39:30 pm »

Why not let her send you to a boarding school? So long as it has decent internet and such I'm pretty sure it's better than family life.
#obviouslybiased

I used to want to be a lawyer to fight for fairness, but then I realized that you can't defeat the system with the system.
Sure you can - just look at the social democrats in Europe! And it's much more effective than molotov cocktails.
Eh, still, it's more effective to be a politician and change the system rather than trying to use a flawed system as your aegis.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Now in Techniu Coloru Edition
« Reply #43006 on: September 10, 2014, 04:43:15 pm »

That's not the case. Information will not be disclosed. There are exceptions, but they certainly do not include foreign companies.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43007 on: September 10, 2014, 04:46:01 pm »

That's not the case. Information will not be disclosed. There are exceptions, but they certainly do not include foreign companies.

If it doesn't apply in the first place then exceptions are irrelevant.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43008 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »

I'm not sure I follow.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43009 on: September 10, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »

The Privacy Act doesn't guarantee incorporated entities the protections, even with very liberal reading of the application of it I can't stretch it to include protecting material information to a public company. I *shouldn't* need to find a loophole to find out this information, atleast not to get around the Privacy Act, which doesn't protect material information from corporations from being disclosed. Hell, I'd even fulfill the obligation to make a signed statement to *not* share the information. Which is.. pretty questionable, as this corporation *is* hyping itself as a to-be MMJ producer in Canada. The information is very relevant to the holders in this company, and as far as I'm aware corporations in america aren't Canadian citizenry.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:51:50 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43010 on: September 10, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »

The information you wish to see, is it personal information as defined under section 3?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43011 on: September 10, 2014, 04:52:57 pm »

No. It's information on the status of a publicly traded corporation's application, whether it is in the system or not. I don't even wish to know if it's accepted or denied.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43012 on: September 10, 2014, 04:56:15 pm »

Oh, okay. I misunderstood your initial description of the problem.

In that case, it's not protected, unless Canada has decided that a corporation can be legally considered as an individual.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #43013 on: September 10, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »

So I am talking to this kid on the bus with my friends, no older than 13. Somehow the conversation changes to our favourite games, so alongside a few other games I mention Dwarf fortress.

His exact response : "Dwarf fortress.... sounds gay".

After that I just put my headphones in at a convienient time and tryed to resist the urge to give him a piece of my mind. This is especially considering he mentioned Call of duty.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #43014 on: September 10, 2014, 05:06:20 pm »

Next time you see this kid, make sure you tell him about the dorfiest parts of the game, like magma cannons and brutally dismembering elves with socks.

Oh, and tell him, in these exact words, "WIZARD IS WATCHING YOU, PUNK." :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43015 on: September 10, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

It actually is pretty gay though. Especially after the last update, seriously.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43016 on: September 10, 2014, 05:08:02 pm »

* Worldmaster27 rips the head off of every 13yo in the vicinity

So none, but you get the point. Uncultured idiot. >:(

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43017 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

Yes Dwarf Fortress definitely is the gayest name I have heard.
Not like... homosexquest 3 or anything.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43018 on: September 10, 2014, 05:11:09 pm »

3?

That's pretty homophobic of you Graknorke. Gay people are perfectly capable of doing the monogamy thing, ya know.

Jesus.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #43019 on: September 10, 2014, 05:11:51 pm »

God I almost flew into fanboy rage on a public bus because I had already had a pretty awful day trying to fit in with shallow people to try and attain an aspect of normalcy why trying supress a lot of other stuff simultaneously
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click
Pages: 1 ... 2866 2867 [2868] 2869 2870 ... 3345