Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2861 2862 [2863] 2864 2865 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688964 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: I AM SO SMRT Edition
« Reply #42930 on: September 09, 2014, 10:40:59 am »

Muwahahahahaah, it has begun!

See you in hell you motherfuckers!
And this is how we wound up with orbital ion cannon-resistant arachnids.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Requiescat In Pace Spider Edition
« Reply #42931 on: September 09, 2014, 10:52:29 am »

Nothing proves evolution more than failed attempts at genocidal rampages, after all.
This is a blank sig.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Requiescat In Pace Spider Edition
« Reply #42932 on: September 09, 2014, 10:55:34 am »

My new ISP has an extremely over-agressive torrent blocker that blocks all non-http ports at the first sign of any traffic that even smells vaguely like torrent traffic.

Needless to say, there's tons of false positives, and I can't actually use the connection for things I actually need decent internet for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42933 on: September 09, 2014, 10:59:27 am »

It was actually good he came out. Showed me where a lot of them were laying their eggs. Found brown recluses in the loft upstairs. Apparently there were bats living in the crawl space at some point, although he didn't check out how new the spoor was. Told me some stuff I already knew, like there are two not-insignificant holes in the outer wall, and the drop ceiling throughout the house makes it impossible to get all the places they are living.

With all the BS going on in this house, it's probably wise I signed up for a treatment plan as it'll cover any other creepy crawly shit that turns up. After all, we did find what looked like some mouse turds when we moved in.....

I'll take this over a flooding basement or w/e, but the guy I rented this place from must be cursing me to some extent, because I've either cost him money or pointed out about half a dozen things with his house that have been steadily sliding towards fucked for some time now ~4 months I've been living here.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42934 on: September 09, 2014, 11:11:51 am »

If they've been renting places for very long, they're probably cursing you considerably less than the ones that don't say anything and just let the place fall to shit. Money now tends to be considerably cheaper than money later, when it comes to houses. Also, knowing about incoming buggerups in advance, instead of when a wall collapses or somethin', is simply golden.

'Course, if they haven't been renting for very long, they might not have had someone stay mum followed by an explosion of some sort. Then, they would probably curse you well out of ignorance for how much worse it could be.

E: Mind you, I've only known a handful of renter folks, but they tend to think well of the people that warn them the roof is about to collapse, rather than the ones that wait until it does. Or worse, don't say anything and let the landlord find out after they leave.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:14:45 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42935 on: September 09, 2014, 11:14:04 am »

I probably would've burnt the whole place down at this point, so your landlord should be grateful really.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42936 on: September 09, 2014, 11:28:39 am »

fucking fire alarm

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42937 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:17 am »

He's not really a landlord, just a friend who had to relocate in a hurry and I conveniently needed somewhere to live. He's just not very handy so some house problems have slipped by his attention. Like the downstairs bathroom basically being a time bomb because of a broken pump, and since he used it maybe once a month he'd hardly knew there was a problem. The minute it was getting used as a full-time bathroom...problems.

Basically, home ownership blows. Yeah yeah, master of your domain, ect... and so forth. Also master of expensive goddamn problems.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42938 on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:02 am »

Oh for fuck's sake, the moron who keeps turning the fire alarm off doesn't seem to understand that you need to remove the source of the smoke/fire first >.<!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #42939 on: September 09, 2014, 11:51:41 am »

I messed up bad and accidentally read the time for the end of my first class today as the start time and wound up walking in during the last minute of class.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42940 on: September 09, 2014, 01:49:05 pm »

More fun at work. Today, I got really lightheaded, then later on I was yelled at for not "remembering" to do something that, right behind the person yelling at me, was someone doing the exact thing I was being yelled at for not doing.

I also discovered that Youtube videos also close out immediately if your internet fails, even if the video is fully loaded.

I messed up bad and accidentally read the time for the end of my first class today as the start time and wound up walking in during the last minute of class.
If that happened to someone else, that would be pretty funny.

EDIT: Dammit, trying to update my LP, but I didn't notice until I was done uploading and about to post that the links to the images didn't copy properly, and my feet hurt and my battery is low so I have to wait until tomorrow to redo it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:25:24 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42941 on: September 09, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »

If that happened to someone else, that would be pretty funny.
That's happened to me before. Everyone found it pretty funny.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42942 on: September 09, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

On my way home from work, about halfway home, a part of my moped fell right off, and landed in the road (clearly visible, and easy to dodge; barely any traffic), and en route to pick it up, I witnessed a truck driving by and swerve towards the part that fell off, and I heard an audible *SNAP* moments before I reached it to pick it up.

The trucker (a surfer type) that ran it over only stopped after I flipped them off for what they have (as far as I can assume, intentionally) done. Noticing that, passing by them, not even bothering to confront them over it because of how pointless it would be (also because it was a mostly cosmetic part), I just gave them an expression of "If you seek forgiveness from me, think again.", as I slowly passed by them, and slammed the accelerator back home.

It may have been a cosmetic piece, but regardless that fact, they intentionally ran over it AS I was coming back for it (not the part breaking that pissed me off, but the principle of the matter that this guy was beyond asshole). I want them to be paranoid of me, since I took the time to remember their vehicle (probably should have taken the time to read their plate; if at least to let them know I can confirm it's their car later on.), and their face, build, and etc.. I MIGHT return the favor, but I won't. I want their paranoia to do themselves in. Primarly because it's a common route, I would assume we both use.

EDIT:
Add insult to injury, I JUST cleaned my moped today after a half-year or so of not really doing a full-detail clean on it. I wonder if anything supernatural just loves dicking around with me like this (or if people really are irredeemable sacks of flesh). It deserves a major ass kicking or a prolonged, and utterly painful exorcism. Hell, just let it take the mortal form of a spider, and I'll poison it to death (sans the usual mercy-kill immediately after said poisoning (to slow it down so I can hit it)), and we'll call it even. However, if it finds that prospect kinky, then I'll just kill it without second-thought, and no chance to escape as I usually offer, and just skip poisoning it overall. Whatever it (the supernatural asshole/troll) seeks, I shall deny it the satisfaction of gaining. For entities to this level, I do as I have been done unto. Deny me what makes me happy, or happiness in general, and I shall return the favor. It's a fair trade.

I'm still reminded of that dream where God got knocked out by a dream girl of mine, calling Him out for His asshole behavior as of late (and a good deal of my life), over-reacted, and nearly shit Himself when smiting/attempting to delete her out of existence and memory didn't work on them (as if He was up against something equally, or more powerful than Him.). My guardian angel (St. Micheal) was in agreement with her actions, saying He deserved it so many times over, he wished he could've done it himself (since like Book of Job times; so, not just for my sake.), but for obvious reasons, was not able to. It made me feel vindicated/avenged for the shit I've had to put up with for so long.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:58:22 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42943 on: September 09, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »

Type your answers and submit them online...

2.) Sketch the waveforms for...

DIDN'T THINK THIS ONE THROUGH VERY WELL DID YOU, PROFESSOR

Looks like he's getting ASCII art.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42944 on: September 09, 2014, 04:22:12 pm »

I'm still reminded of that dream where God got knocked out by a dream girl of mine, calling Him out for His asshole behavior as of late (and a good deal of my life), over-reacted, and nearly shit Himself when smiting/attempting to delete her out of existence and memory didn't work on them (as if He was up against something equally, or more powerful than Him.). My guardian angel (St. Micheal) was in agreement with her actions, saying He deserved it so many times over, he wished he could've done it himself (since like Book of Job times; so, not just for my sake.), but for obvious reasons, was not able to. It made me feel vindicated/avenged for the shit I've had to put up with for so long.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 2861 2862 [2863] 2864 2865 ... 3345