Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2857 2858 [2859] 2860 2861 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689082 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: I AM SO SMRT Edition
« Reply #42870 on: September 07, 2014, 11:35:35 pm »

I still boot up the ol' Wii every now and again, maybe admire the pretty scenery of Twilight Princess or take another crack at 100% completion in UR MR GAY Super Mario Galaxy. Once in a new DF release I'll boot up some old, crappy 3rd party title or, Armok forbid, the hell of my old Animal Crossing City Folk town.

If I feel really masochistic, I'll play something on my uncle's old NES, or maybe hop on the computer and play some ROMs of old (S)NES games. That counts, right?

Damned golem twins.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42871 on: September 07, 2014, 11:53:17 pm »

Maaan

Fuck Victoria Osteen

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42872 on: September 08, 2014, 03:52:29 am »

Yeah, the PS3 (which is the one they were running Linux on,) is basically a box with a little bit of ram (256 MB, although it's got a super high speed bus,) a custom-Cell processor (lines up to be a very weak octo-core,) and a halfway decent video card. PS4 is rocking dual-quad core APUs (graphics built into processors,) and 8GB RAM. I bet the PS4 could handle a pretty hefty DF game, given that it's not wasting a ton of resources on Windows.
Having more cores doesn't benefit DF per se; the game's single-threaded.
Just to drop something here, but actually if you switch the graphics mode over to STANDARD or higher (which you should always do unless you really have problems, STANDARD is just as stable as the 2D modes and a fair bit faster) then it's actually dual-threaded, with the graphics stuff in a separate loop, so you can get a small gain with 2+ cores. (Disregarding the fact that it lets you run other things.

Also Mac and Linux don't have that same 2GB limit like Windows does, and DF will happily use more. If you are on Windows you can make it use more, but you'll need to hunt down the more RAM binary patch that is floating around somewhere and apply it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42873 on: September 08, 2014, 04:16:52 am »

That's true, but rendering lots of little letters isn't exactly hardware-intensive. The boggy stuff is still on one thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42874 on: September 08, 2014, 06:29:19 am »

Got the chance to sleep in today. In fact, it's going to be neede , because I work from 5pm to 2am today (Destiny midnight launch. So hype. Very excited. Wow,) and I go back in at 8:30am tomorrow to open the store early. The one chance to really sleep in in like, a month, and I have pseudo-nightmares and am up by 7am.

Damn you, brain, sleep!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42875 on: September 08, 2014, 07:24:44 am »

:-\

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42876 on: September 08, 2014, 07:26:33 am »

But you're supposed to move around in your sleep.

I watched an ad once and they said it so I know it's true.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42877 on: September 08, 2014, 07:33:10 am »

I move around a lot in my sleep.  How do I know?  I fall off the bed at least several times a year.  Quite a bad way to wake up. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42878 on: September 08, 2014, 07:49:20 am »

Today, my parents came to the conclusion that I could be having nighttime epilepsy from too much computer usage from the fact that I did not sleep well.
Are they board certified sleep physicians? No? Invested many hours and significant time studying the subject and talking with such individuals? No? Then they can stfu or get you to a sleep clinic to find out from someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about.

Sweet zeus but non-doctors pulling bullshit non-diagnoses, especially when they've put zero seconds of study into the subject, is a rage worthy thing. Doubly so when it's a fairly transparent attempt to be a jackass.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42879 on: September 08, 2014, 08:07:27 am »

FUCK FUCKITY FUCK apparently I forgot to register for the exam tomorrow. Oh well, I'll just write it next year.

EDIT: Hope I don't forget that though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:47:55 am by MagmaMcFry »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42880 on: September 08, 2014, 09:41:36 am »

Her. :v

Her parents think she's a dude though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42881 on: September 08, 2014, 10:25:23 am »

When in doubt, use lawyer speak: which is to say full name at all times instead of pronouns.

....or you could just ask?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42882 on: September 08, 2014, 10:56:47 am »

I've had two appointments with Orikin to commence Exterminatus on my home's spider problem.

And twice they've missed the appointment. I've taken 4 fucking hours of off work for these jackballs, and one explained no-show, and one un-explained. I call the guy who called me after the first no-show and he's like "How did you get my number?"

Because you called me, you fucking jackass.

I swear to god, I half expect the people on the other end of the line are actual spiders, for how unwilling they are to seem to do their fucking job.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42883 on: September 08, 2014, 11:17:56 am »

I see that Gatorade and DC Comics are working to repeat the colossal cluster-fuck that comes of trying to mix professional sports and comic books:
http://leagueofcaptains.gatorade.com/#/comics

Really? The League of Captains?
And the "stories" mostly revolve around practicing and drinking Gatorade.

At least the NHL's trainwreck attempt at this three years ago was so nutball crazy that it was mildly entertaining:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=66928

But part of the secret to that was that rather than elevating a single player to superhero status, cosmic ray gamma mutant whateverthefuck created superheroes out of the "team spirit" of the 30 NHL teams. Which were created by Stan Lee after reading the inflight brochure about hockey, apparently. And as one comment I read put it, "look like something Rob Liefeld sketched on the back of his Trapper Keeper".

The Toronto Maple Leafs are represented by a giant tree that shoots sap bombs out of his fingers. That alone redeemed this monstrosity in my eyes. Now, even when the Leafs beat the Hurricanes, I can take solace that at least our civic superhero isn't a fucking tree.  (Although everyone knows that Toronto's real superhero is Rob Ford.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #42884 on: September 08, 2014, 11:46:07 am »

I had mild diarrhoea this morning, which was after I slept for less than seven hours last night, and didn't have time to do most of my morning routine because of the aforementioned diarrhoea. I then lost my phone on the bus system, and since I live in darkest Africa it will never be seen again. To cap it all off, I just washed this jersey but it still smells terrible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2857 2858 [2859] 2860 2861 ... 3345