Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2852 2853 [2854] 2855 2856 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689550 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: I AM SO SMRT Edition
« Reply #42795 on: September 06, 2014, 08:37:35 pm »

OMFG these idiots blaring their music a couple streets down. The music sucks and it's way, WAY too loud, and so are the people. I can literally feel the bass in my chest. If a cop doesn't shut them down, I hope this thunderstorm does, either by rain or lightning. Or someone else with a gun. Because it's 9 motherfucking 30 at night in the middle of a residential area.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42796 on: September 06, 2014, 09:15:22 pm »

I bought a Raspberry Pi and PiBow case for it, but because I am an awesome genius, I forgot to make sure the case was compatible with a B+ Pi.

I do not believe it is.

* Descan hopes the company checks their e-Mail before shipping ._____.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #42797 on: September 06, 2014, 09:44:55 pm »

OMFG these idiots blaring their music a couple streets down. The music sucks and it's way, WAY too loud, and so are the people. I can literally feel the bass in my chest. If a cop doesn't shut them down, I hope this thunderstorm does, either by rain or lightning. Or someone else with a gun. Because it's 9 motherfucking 30 at night in the middle of a residential area.

You know, someone usually has to call the cops before they come and shut down a party.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42798 on: September 06, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »

GRRRRRRMNNNNNNNGH FUCK MY TO-DO LIST!!!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42799 on: September 06, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »

You know, someone usually has to call the cops before they come and shut down a party.
They seem to have stopped as suddenly as they started. I wonder if it was the same idiots that keep setting off fireworks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42800 on: September 06, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

Right there.  Take your own advice.  If there's anything adulthood thus far has taught me, it's that there is always work to do.  Gotta set limits, even if you have to fight for them.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42801 on: September 06, 2014, 10:19:14 pm »

All sound on my computer suddenly died. At first I thought it was a YouTube problem, but nothing works.

Oh wow, LOTS of things are borking up now. Da fuq computer?!
Restart not fixing it? The sound on my comp dies fairly regularly, but it kicks back on after I restart/close a few programs. Flash/javascript and/or high memory usage programs in particular seems to lock it up for some reason, especially if I've suspended said programs with any regularity. Comes back when they're closed (well, when enough of them are, usually), but until then sound pretty much just stops working.
Gonna try a restart. Will report back.

It's not just flash or java programs lacking sound anyway, it's everything.
There's a chance that you may have the same problem I did. If that's the case, your sound will turn off whenever you stop using the sound for a while; it's some sort of weird bug with a power-saving feature. You can disable the feature, but it requires you to use some obscure setting manager thing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42802 on: September 06, 2014, 10:56:54 pm »

I am really quite hungry.
Why does this bus have to be filled with a mysterious tasty smell, and plastered with illustrated ads for an online takeaway service?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42803 on: September 06, 2014, 10:59:53 pm »

Because the universe hates hungry people.

I've felt that too, even today. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42804 on: September 06, 2014, 11:09:14 pm »

Right there.  Take your own advice.  If there's anything adulthood thus far has taught me, it's that there is always work to do.  Gotta set limits, even if you have to fight for them.

Problem is chiefly that every single thing on my to-do list is something that I really want to do, or something I'm doing to get AWAY from my detested corporate work and IN to academia and/or the creative arts--read, something I REALLY WANT to do. I just kind of panic when I see so many things on the list, and end up in a sort of decision paralysis mode. Used to be that when I felt like this I could just ignore whatever homework assignment, take a zero, and forget about it--which is why all my math grades are B's and I'm currently struggling to get into graduate school, despite kicking everyone's ass in class discussions. Stay home from class. But I can't stay home from work, and I can't just fuck around and ignore the fact that I've got a writing deadline for a game in two days (160 short situationally-appropriate worldbuilding conversations!) and an article I gotta write and a math textbook I gotta study. And emails, and snailmail letters, and packages to be sent for VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE and game design documents and asd;lfjl;asdkjflasjdflkjsdlf HOW CAN I BE SO BEHIND ON EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME

And everything takes so much fucking time because I'm STILL in therapy because there are Very Clear Signs Of Really Fucking Needing It remaining, which until recently when I got my second job was taking a whole SIXTH of my income (rent was more than HALF). And fuck it, I need to get into graduate school right now because there are SO many good things contingent on it that I don't want to go without anymore.

it's SO important.

But there's too many strains and stresses on my time, and Ludum Dare really set me back on the schedule I'd been following. My sleep schedule is still a goddamn mess :< And I'm dying for company that's not literally still a child, which is where I spend my time all day every day because I do not get weekends or any days off EVER, and just FUCK.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42805 on: September 06, 2014, 11:11:42 pm »

I am really quite hungry.
Why does this bus have to be filled with a mysterious tasty smell, and plastered with illustrated ads for an online takeaway service?
Because you have a hashbrown for an avatar and now I'm hungry and want a hashbrown at 11:11 at night, man.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42806 on: September 06, 2014, 11:13:07 pm »

* Tiruin just hugs Vector. :C
I wish I could help x_x

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42807 on: September 06, 2014, 11:13:27 pm »

* Tiruin just hugs Vector. :C
I wish I could help x_x
Thisthisthis
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42808 on: September 07, 2014, 01:40:22 am »

Yeah, I don't have any advice.  That right there is why I'm still doing nothing more with my life than scraping by day to day gathering debt, dreaming occasionally about doing something to change my situation but really having barely any hopes for the future... because I know I can't handle working all day every day for long periods of time without falling seriously ill, and that's what it takes to break out.  Even just treading water only leaves me a couple hours a day to myself.

It's a shitty hand our generation is dealt.  Sacrifice our youths working frantically to the point of madness, balancing our schedules, health, relationships, and finances on the head of a pin in the hopes that years from now we'll succeed in building careers that don't make us wonder what we have to live for and stress over money every day.  Or resign into corporate muggle life, in exchange for a steadier pace and more frequent scraps of freedom to invest in indulgence of shallow consumer pleasures that bring just enough contentedness to fuel the routine.

If I was still capable of powering through all-nighters and fencing in stress with confidence and optimism (how I operated for a few years), I'd still be mad dashing... but I hit a point where if I didn't start setting limits, I was going to destroy myself. 

Ganbatte, Vector.  I hope you're able to keep those engine fires burning long enough to reach orbit.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42809 on: September 07, 2014, 07:17:17 am »

* Worldmaster27 also hugs Vector
Best of luck :(
Pages: 1 ... 2852 2853 [2854] 2855 2856 ... 3345