Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2831 2832 [2833] 2834 2835 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690930 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42480 on: September 02, 2014, 02:25:52 pm »

Eh, I wanted the satisfaction of presenting the key back to the teacher. Mostly cause she'd been claiming for 2 years that the department had been running low on paper.

But yes, acting confidently works worryingly well. It might also be that I tend to fade into the background slightly, but I find if I act like I know what I'm doing, people seem to think I'm not doing anything wrong. Good when you're too late to buy a train ticket. Bad when you accidentally walk into the security area of one of the largest train stations in the country whilst daydreaming.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42481 on: September 02, 2014, 02:28:05 pm »

back when i used to be in high school, i had the custodian hand me the keys to the gym for "fetching them" to my pe teacher who hardly gave a damn about things, as pe teachers tend to do

there was a distance run thing going on, so instead of fucking around in a forest i made a detour to a nearby mall, in which they had one of these key copying machines

about 30 currencies and ten minutes later, i had the keys tucked away in a locker, the keys returned (students tended to run around with keys for teachers a lot, so nobody really noticed) and i have the keys to this very day

never ended up using them

an opportunity lost

where the fuck were i going with this story?

ah yes, the part where i confidently asked if i can have the keys and bullshat my way through this whole who are you getting them for part

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42482 on: September 02, 2014, 02:50:07 pm »

Saw my ex-crush while waiting for the bus. No eye contact, and I think was trying not to have any. Figures. I don't know why I was ever attracted to her. I noticed her appearance was noticeably scruffier than when I saw her last, like she looked like she hadn't changed her clothes in days.

I would like absolute confirmation though, if someone does file a complaint against me, do I have the legal right to be told exactly what was I was accused of doing? Because the school refused to do so, nor did they give me a chance to refute her claims, and I know for a fact I have the right to that one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42483 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:22 pm »

Schools operate by a different set of rules than the public at large.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42484 on: September 02, 2014, 02:54:09 pm »

Protip: Learn where your college keeps paper. Raid. I have a lifetime supply from the last day at college alone.
Not quite the same thing, but that does remind me of the time I sorta' killed the printer at the uni I was going to. Couldn't transfer free pages (everyone got a certain amount they could print off before being charged for it, and it rolled over between semesters, sooo...) to other students, so I ended up printing off a few hundred pages worth of (4 pages per page) Gutenberg material. Don't quite remember everything I got (is in the other room, but lazy), but it was some nice stuff. One of the library's printer kinda' died 2/3rds of the way through, though >_>

Conversation I had with the librarian before kicking it off was kinda' amusing, too. S'like... sure I can't just give this stuff to someone? No? And you sure this is okay? Yes? Well... alright, then. *starts printing* Then some time later the "Heeey, I think your printer just died a little" conversation.

@Akura, I'd assume you have a legal right to, but you may not depending on the organization. S'one of those things you'd probably have to consult a lawyer on, unfortunately, if the organization's bylaws or whatev' doesn't have a clear statement on the subject. And yeah, as nenjin notes, they could be able to just say bugger off *shrugs*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42485 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »

I forgot to take my contact lenses out last night.

Now one of my eyes have the bizaare feelign of being itchy and strange on the eye itself. No, I can't scratch my eye. That would not assist matters.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42486 on: September 02, 2014, 03:00:51 pm »

I've found that the Torchlight 2 nonsteam version has even WORSE DRM than the Steam version.  You have to reactivate every time you reinstall, and you're limited to ten activations

RUNIC. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. I BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM YOU BECAUSE I EXPECTED BETTER. I EXPECTED DRM-FREE.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42487 on: September 02, 2014, 03:02:51 pm »

What about Torchlight 1?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42488 on: September 02, 2014, 03:05:22 pm »

oh, that one doesn't have DRM, at least the Humble Bundle and GOG versions. Works fine on wine, and there's even a native linux version (albeit very buggy. I'd go for wine + windows version). That's why this DRM bullshit for Torchlight 2 was particularily unexpected.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:28:28 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42489 on: September 02, 2014, 03:45:30 pm »

Illwinter DRM best DRM.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42490 on: September 02, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »

Illwinter doesn't have DRM. Insofar as I know.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42491 on: September 02, 2014, 04:06:25 pm »

Dominions very definitely has DRM. Wrong CD-Key, game borks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42492 on: September 02, 2014, 04:24:44 pm »

Något gick fel. Or something, jag will inte talar svenska...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42493 on: September 02, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »

But it doesn't require any kind of online activation and/or restrict the number of times. Strictly speaking it's DRM, but just barely, I think.

If TL2 did not require online activation I'd not be so pissed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42494 on: September 02, 2014, 05:25:38 pm »

Limited activations piss me off more I think.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2831 2832 [2833] 2834 2835 ... 3345