Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694702 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4245 on: June 15, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »

Heh. His look is more amusing than annoying, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:06:13 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: June 15, 2011, 11:14:51 pm »

He looked like less of a douchebag bag in the day.  His hair was rather famous once upon a time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: June 15, 2011, 11:15:59 pm »

All this talk about John Romero is making me wanna replay the Knee Deep in Zdoom project again. Those were some awesomely redone maps.

That plus Wild Weasels Diaz weapon and enemy mod is like the best modernization of the first episode possible.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 15, 2011, 11:51:38 pm »

To be fair, Ion Storm went on to make Deus Ex. So Romero's dickery had a grand cosmic purpose.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:21 am »

A discussion about circumcision elsewhere on the message board just caused me to have a major meltdown (as I do whenever anybody mentions circumcision)

(Bear in mind that I honestly mean everything that I said in the following quote tree (except maybe for the part about wanting to get a prince albert to spite my parents' hypocricy) )
Herein lies the crux of the problem.
You (and MSH and scriver and doubtless others) see it as harmful, as mutilation, as unnecessary.
I (and others) don't see it that way. Which is why, in the absence of solid medical evidence that it's harmful, the law should not take a side and instead leave it up to individual families to make that determination. That's the American system of democracy at its most basic.

it should be up to the INDIVIDUAL IN QUESTION to make that decision. NOT THEIR PARENTS!!! >:( >:( >:(

>:(No one but me should be able to choose to unnecessarily mar my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE ME THE MONEY TO HAVE THEIR PRESUMPTUOUS OVERSTEP OF THEIR AUTHORITY SURGICALLY CORRECTED EITHER!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I am absolutely serious about this. My parents refuse to give me the money to repair an injury that they willfully inflicted. The only reason I don't SUE THEM is because I don't yet have the money to get my own place. This IS NOT sarcasm.

And the worst thing is that the hypocrites claim to be against body modification! When I finally get the money to get this reversed I might also get a Prince Albert just to spite them!...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:34:21 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:16 am »

Someone sounds pissed. Let me say this, take into consideration the other side of the argument. There are always at least two sides, otherwise, why would you be arguing. In this case, your perception is vastly biased due to what you feel is a wrong to you, and as such, think that it should be banned, and the other side is saying "have it be an option for those who feel it wanted or needed". Whatever side you choose at the end, I suggest not raging instantly, and instead reading up on both sides of the subject, and then decide. A bunch of >:( caps, and !!!s and 1s only show that you have only a small idea about the topic.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: June 16, 2011, 01:30:45 am »

Someone sounds pissed. Let me say this, take into consideration the other side of the argument. There are always at least two sides, otherwise, why would you be arguing. In this case, your perception is vastly biased due to what you feel is a wrong to you, and as such, think that it should be banned, and the other side is saying "have it be an option for those who feel it wanted or needed". Whatever side you choose at the end, I suggest not raging instantly, and instead reading up on both sides of the subject, and then decide. A bunch of >:( caps, and !!!s and 1s only show that you have only a small idea about the topic.

I agree that it should be available to those who want it, but only if its themselves that they want it for.
Additionally, I have read up on this topic, and there is no reliable evidence to suggest that it is in any way beneficial; And even if it was...

As a matter of fact, even if it definitely was good for my physical and/or spiritual wellbeing, I STILL would not want to be circumcised. In fact...

Namtar, servant of Nergal; Babalú-Ayé, lord of pestilence; Beelzebub, lord of the flies; NHGH, eater of filth; Pazuzu Pazuzu PAZUZU! And any other supernatural/demonic entities that may be reading! I call upon you! I offer you my physical* health and wellbeing** in return for the regeneration of my foreskin!

*But not mental
**but not life or soul

I wish I could say that the preceding quote was entirely in jest, but for the most part it isn't......
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:40:32 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:00 am »

I wish I could make any goddamn sense of that quote at all, which I can't. This is not something I blame myself for.

Confused, obfuscated, impenetrable language is not the same thing as being profound or interesting.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: June 16, 2011, 04:05:45 am »

Well screw me. I think I know what I have been doing wrong all this time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: June 16, 2011, 09:04:04 am »

... Uncircumcised dudes are, IIRC, a hell of a lot more prone to infection, have a harder time with STDs, and often have other complications.

Just throwing that out there.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: June 16, 2011, 09:10:16 am »

Oh jeez, not this shit again.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:38 am »

Considering he got himself a mute, it's not really worth debating it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:43 am »

Woah Vector. Rage thread, not circumcision thread.

Also, Standing in the rain, Homophobe passes by, flips me off, and swears at me. I've known that homophobe for some time, he brought back bad memories.

Arrg.. God what would I do to have revenge.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: June 16, 2011, 09:13:26 am »

Thank goodness.  Let's see if we can go three days without hearing the word "Subgenius"

SHIT
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:49 am »

Considering he got himself a mute, it's not really worth debating it.

Yeah, sorry--I didn't notice until after I'd posted that.  Thanks for the reminder.

Let's see if we can go three days without hearing the word "Subgenius"

... Does he have an issue with that?  I didn't know.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 3345