Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707360 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2010, 06:25:22 pm »

Yes, but I no longer want to kill something.
[/post]

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:18 pm »

Hi, Adobe Photoshop CS5 demo. Welcome to the year 2010. The amount of people that have multiple volumes on their hard drives, not even mentioning multiple harddrives, continues to grow at a rapid pace, and yet you still insist on installing half your shit to C:\ regardless of what other people want. But it's ok, this isn't a common situation at all, everyone loves having all their crap in one place and wasting half their drive on unorganizable bullshit and you can just tell people to make their C:\ drives bigger, because that isn't a gigantic fucking pain in the ass.

Because of this, I will never buy you. In fact, I rather detest you for wasting my time figuring this out, forcing me to move software off of C:\ temporarily, and only then telling me that you also don't support Ext3 filesystems just for the hell of it, requiring me to move even more crap off of C:\ just to find out you're a sluggish piece of bloatware that will never run properly despite being essentially the same as your last three incarnations in terms of features that I tested and would use.

Thank you for your time. PS: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2010, 08:51:40 pm »

Poison is in the poffit (something like that) quest in DDO on hard.
WE HAD TWO CLERICS, HOW DID WE DIE 25 TIMES (total)?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2010, 09:09:05 pm »

Bloody connection actually work for 2 fucking minutes.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2010, 11:02:08 pm »

Threw up today. It made me extremely angry.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2010, 01:38:10 am »

Got conscripted into working tomorrow.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:58 pm »

The fuck?
Dumbass history textbook is painful to my head.
It says Japan comes from Chinese.
Japan comes from Portugese, Nippon comes from Chinese.
Then it completely butchers the pronunciation on the main islands.
Hokkaido is apparently hah-KEE-doh; Honshu in HAHN-shoo; Shikoku is shee-KAWK-oo; and Kyushu is kee-OO-shoo.
Seriously, shee-KAWK-oo?
What the hell is wrong with you people.
Grah.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2010, 01:24:21 am »

You know what most enrages me?

The fact that I am rapidly becoming bored with everything I know, as all my friends live between 30 and 90 minutes away by car, I have no money with which to try new things, I have no job through which I can earn money, the last SEVEN places I've applied for have turned me down, and even if I did have a fucking job I wouldn't get to see a single cent of any paycheck for MONTHS because the next $1700 I earn has to pay for an exchange trip in July!

What rather terrifies me is that in the last three days my facial expression has not changed. At all. I seriously think there's something wrong with me.
くコ:彡

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2010, 04:07:22 am »

What rather terrifies me is that in the last three days my facial expression has not changed.

Nah, that's Zen right there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2010, 05:21:21 am »

Hm, to drag the discussion onto less serious matters, I'm pretty sure I'm getting trolled, and yet I'm discovering that there's a significant correlation between how wrong somebody is on the internet and how much I'm compelled to provide a rebuttal. It's really quite irritating.

Spoilered for details that I doubt anyone's interested in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really need to work on thickening my skin to willful idiocy, because trying to combat it is inherently hypocritical.

Welcome to my Hell.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2010, 02:56:58 pm »

I get to the interview a few minutes early, waited an hour past the scheduled time before I'm interviewed, it's not the supervisor I'm supposed to be seeing, possibly not even for the position applied for, then bombed the interview, partly because she was just reading questions word-for-word off a paper in a way that was difficult to understand(at least two of the questions were the same basic thing), and then told to wait an arbritrary amount of time for a call-back that may or may not come.

:-\
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 03, 2010, 12:31:46 am »

Elemental and Stardock.

This is the second beta release of a patch for a released product that has terminal bugs. I.e, this time around trying to train units from a certain city will cause the game to crash 100% of the time.

But that's not what's making me rage.

What's making me rage is that their forum is so horribly broken I can't even post a reply to tell them that their game is broken, let alone their forum. "Sorry, your reply got lost in our network code. Please try again for the umpteenth time in another 3 hours."

Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick Stardock. You're like a walking cliche of game development sometimes. "Devs always break stuff as they try to fix it, hur hur hurr." In Stardock's case, it's more than a punch line, it's every patch. Not just "hey that doesn't work right." But "BOOM, eat desktop, user." "Play the game with a crippling disability, user."

I want to like this game, and tell Stardock they're doing a good job. I reeaaallllyyyy do. But the bugs hit DF levels of making me not want to play. I can forgive Toady, both because of what I've paid for and what he's doing. Stardock doesn't get that kind of fucking consideration though, they've got a team of people and they got hard cash money for their "AAA game." I can't even bring myself to test the beta patches because the bugs basically hack your ability to enjoy the game off at the knees. "It's a beta, welcome to how Stardock does business" the forum crows.

Fuck that. I didn't pay to beta test their game, and as the months roll by and they milk every last second of Brad's arbitrary 1.1 deadline, even their attempt to de-suck their product is coming off as rushed and incomplete.

For the love of God Stardock, just make a stable build. It's so bad I'm pining for the days of early release, when the performance was terrible but at least CRITICAL game elements weren't totally broken and/or causing the game to CTD. I can't even critique, let alone enjoy, the improvements they are making because the bugs are in your face by turn 100. Turn 100. 20 minutes of game play and we hit a crippling bug. How the hell does that get by Q&A?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:42:24 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2010, 08:07:41 am »

I'm too tired for RAGE at the moment...  But I'm not happy.

I really thought things were going to slow down after we got that last HIS package rolled out, but they haven't.

I really thought we'd be picking up another employee by now, but we haven't.

Had an 11-hour day on Monday because of a surprise upgrade to one of our servers.

Had a 15-hour day yesterday because of a planned upgrade to another server that went to hell almost as soon as we started.

And I'm back here today, after less than 4 hours of sleep, to try to fix everything that was left broken last night.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 04, 2010, 12:29:46 pm »

Whilst making lunch, the nearest TV happened to be tuned to a debate over abortion. Hooraaaage.

Oh, and:
Bloody connection actually work for 2 fucking minutes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 04, 2010, 01:44:25 pm »

Intolerant jerks on the atheist thread. >:(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:32:37 pm by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 3345