Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2795 2796 [2797] 2798 2799 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3687338 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Read The $@#!ing Rules!
« Reply #41940 on: August 24, 2014, 12:38:24 am »

They make every point stand on it's own

. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41941 on: August 24, 2014, 12:41:17 am »

The problem with commas is that I've heard conflicting information on when they should be used, and I no longer want to try to use them because I might mess up.
FTFY. Maybe.

Even if I didn't, it still looks better.
your right thats a large part of my problem i would much rather not use punctuation at all then use it incorrectly. i dont want to look like an idiot for putting something in the wrong place better the small amount of abuse you get for not using it then the massive amount i would get if i used it wrong
...You assume a ton when there isn't even anything bad in the first place.
First of all, why would you be 'abused' for making mistakes that way. >_> IT IS GRAMMAR.
People make mistakes.
What's the bad part is never trying at all because of the fear of it--it's giving into that fear.

Or your perception, anyway. It seems you see a LOT of bad stuff in trying there, for some reason.
Just do it. You won't learn if you won't do. You won't push forward if you don't move.
Instead of fear the possibility, bypass it by actually doing something.

The assumptions you make there is as if its done intentionally! :V It isn't logical.
C'mon tuypo1. Do that punctuation! :D
Ok i will do it i will weather the mistakes and it will get me increased interest in my forum games and more respect for my opinions on feminists, abortion and circumcision.
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

-snip-
feminism abortion and circumcision

Dude.

There's something you have to realize.

You're basically asking to get banned if you bring that stuff up six times a day.

And, frankly, most people don't really care about it unless you're discussing it in a dedicated thread.

I know you seem to be used to 4chan, judging by the frequency that you reference it, but Bay12 is less... random... than 4chan.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
feminism abortion and circumcision

Dude.

There's something you have to realize.

You're basically asking to get banned if you bring that stuff up six times a day.

And, frankly, most people don't really care about it unless you're discussing it in a dedicated thread.

I know you seem to be used to 4chan, judging by the frequency that you reference it, but Bay12 is less... random... than 4chan.
your right i do admit i bring up the feminism to much however i must disagree that bay12 is not randon

i will admit i am having a hard time getting used to the differences between the communities thats something i definitely need to work on.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:02:47 am by tuypo1 »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Quote from: Tawarochir -snip-
[/quote
your right i do admit i bring up the feminism to much however i must disagree that bay12 is not random

i will admit i am having a hard time getting used to the differences between the communities thats something i definitely need to work on.
Bay12 isn't -as- random. 4chan has /b/ for random stuff specifically; Various Nonsense was nuked years ago here. Since then, "random" is generally confined to minimalist forum games and usual dorf silliness.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Tawarochir -snip-
[/quote
your right i do admit i bring up the feminism to much however i must disagree that bay12 is not random

Bay12 isn't -as- random. 4chan has /b/ for random stuff specifically; Various Nonsense was nuked years ago here. Since then, "random" is generally confined to minimalist forum games and usual dorf silliness.
theres another thing thats getting hard to get used to the different cultures on the different boards sure we get that at 4chan but my first real Internet community was the world of warcraft forums

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Recently got Dark Souls on Steam, only to find that From Software did abso-fucking-lutely nothing to make the game actually work on PC. Everything still shows XBox 360 buttons, rather than anything reflecting, say, the default buttons, or the bound buttons. The game has literally NO video options, besides frequency, resolution, fullscreen, anti-aliasing, and motion blur. It's locked to ~30 FPS, not that you'll ever get to that because it has pretty much no optimization whatsoever. The default controls make no sense at all (Who the fuck decided that End to open the menu made sense?!), and for some insane reason, rather than, say, making you play offline, it will actually kick you out of the bloody game because your FPS was too low. This isn't even getting into GFWL, which isn't From Software's fault, but I'd rather install fucking Origins than that piece of shit launcher.

[/rant]
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recently got Dark Souls on Steam, only to find that From Software did abso-fucking-lutely nothing to make the game actually work on PC. Everything still shows XBox 360 buttons, rather than anything reflecting, say, the default buttons, or the bound buttons. The game has literally NO video options, besides frequency, resolution, fullscreen, anti-aliasing, and motion blur. It's locked to ~30 FPS, not that you'll ever get to that because it has pretty much no optimization whatsoever. The default controls make no sense at all (Who the fuck decided that End to open the menu made sense?!), and for some insane reason, rather than, say, making you play offline, it will actually kick you out of the bloody game because your FPS was too low. This isn't even getting into GFWL, which isn't From Software's fault, but I'd rather install fucking Origins than that piece of shit launcher.

[/rant]
yep gfwl is pretty horrible i gave up on trying to activate my god dam arkham city preorder bonuses its that horrible

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Putti.ng a fu.ll stop. at th.e end of your senten.ce? Th.at's stupid
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

[/rant]

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

[/rant]

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19
Unfortunately, though it allows me to technically play, even with DSFix, My FPS is too low for me to really play the game.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41951 on: August 24, 2014, 04:17:39 am »

The two comics I was most looking forward to getting on new comic day sold out before I got there.
And one of those usually sells really slowly, too- at least it always seemed that way. At least I picked up the collected volume of Six-Gun Gorilla, which I'd been wanting for a while, and apparently you can buy comics in their online store before they come out and choose the 'in-store pickup option', so I guess I'll do that in future.

Still. Going to have to check some of the other comic stores around tomorrow, try and get copies of them both.
Wait, six gun gorilla?
HOLY SHIT THAT SOUNDS SO AWSOME.
IS HE LIKE A SPIDER RILLA WITH GUNS?!

Naw, six-gun as in revolver. He has a huge pair of those. Still awesome, though! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

sigh

my mother is becoming increasingly incapable of performing basic tasks that most people would consider common sense, e.g. not leaving the rubbish bin in the kitchen wide open, leaving green potatoes in the sink (and then she and my dad actually bothered to dump their dirty dishes in the sink ON TOP OF these potatoes) instead of taking literally two steps and putting them in the rubbish bin

and she bitches at me for pointing out these things

you know, things that any average-functioning human being between the ages of five and seventy should be capable of

i'm not even sure i can muster the energy to be upset anymore, i'm just tired
くコ:彡

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41953 on: August 24, 2014, 10:27:54 am »

Lost several days of Kerbal Space Program progress because it didn't save when it said it saved. Apparently, pressing Enter on the save game dialog means Cancel, not Save. What kind of design decision is that?

Urgh.

I was drinking hot chocolate, put my lip to the glass and felt something soft. Pulled it off, there was a fly sitting on the rim, and I'm just put my lip over it.

At least it was okay, though. It flew off.
Well, if a princess can kiss a frog and get a prince, maybe you can kiss a fly and get... I dunno, a sexually confused fly?
sigh

my mother is becoming increasingly incapable of performing basic tasks that most people would consider common sense, e.g. not leaving the rubbish bin in the kitchen wide open, leaving green potatoes in the sink (and then she and my dad actually bothered to dump their dirty dishes in the sink ON TOP OF these potatoes) instead of taking literally two steps and putting them in the rubbish bin

and she bitches at me for pointing out these things

you know, things that any average-functioning human being between the ages of five and seventy should be capable of

i'm not even sure i can muster the energy to be upset anymore, i'm just tired
That sounds like Alzheimer's. Maybe you should get her checked out?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41954 on: August 24, 2014, 11:13:21 am »

Lost several days of Kerbal Space Program progress because it didn't save when it said it saved. Apparently, pressing Enter on the save game dialog means Cancel, not Save. What kind of design decision is that?
Ever since I downloaded the patch for my Spore installation (translation: added more bugs), apparetly 'quit' means stay in the game and 'cancel' means close the game.

I feel your pain.
Pages: 1 ... 2795 2796 [2797] 2798 2799 ... 3345